Matthew Lobbe vs Hamish Mcltnosh

Started by blues123, January 16, 2014, 05:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Quote from: Ricochet on January 16, 2014, 06:38:47 PM
Simpson is almost the #1 ruckman at Geelong. He'd nearly play before HMac

He's played 11 games in 4 seasons. Hmac is a street ahead. Only thing to worry about with him is him getting injured

Ricochet

Quote from: quinny88 on January 16, 2014, 06:44:22 PM

He's played 11 games in 4 seasons. Hmac is a street ahead. Only thing to worry about with him is him getting injured
Less experience does mean he isn't better. In the last 2 years he has consistently been regarded as the best tap ruckman at Geelong.

_wato

Dawson Simpson is an absolute beast. He posts pretty good numbers, and if I was Chris Scott he'd be my #1 ruckman before any of them. I'd only play Simpson and Vardy in my starting 21, with Vardy up front giving him a copout.

Vinny

Quote from: _wato on January 16, 2014, 06:48:55 PM
Dawson Simpson is an absolute beast. He posts pretty good numbers, and if I was Chris Scott he'd be my #1 ruckman before any of them. I'd only play Simpson and Vardy in my starting 21, with Vardy up front giving him a copout.

quinny88

Quote from: Ricochet on January 16, 2014, 06:45:47 PM

Less experience does mean he isn't better. In the last 2 years he has consistently been regarded as the best tap ruckman at Geelong.

With what competition? Not saying he's no good, but Hmac > Simpson any day of the week.
They didn't get Hmac to play him in the reserves

Ricochet

Quote from: quinny88 on January 16, 2014, 06:51:45 PM

With what competition? Not saying he's no good, but Hmac > Simpson any day of the week.
No they didn't, they're never going to put all their eggs into one basket and just back Simpson in. Plus HMacs experience would be huge for the younger guys. Mate all I'm saying is those at Geelong say he would challenge HMac for a round 1 spot.

quinny88

Quote from: Ricochet on January 16, 2014, 07:00:40 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on January 16, 2014, 06:51:45 PM

No they didn't, they're never going to put all their eggs into one basket and just back Simpson in. Plus HMacs experience would be huge for the younger guys. Mate all I'm saying is those at Geelong say he would challenge HMac for a round 1 spot.

Like I said, I'm not saying he's no good, I just think Hmac is well ahead and will be given the first crack and if fit will average around 100 as Geelongs number 1 Ruckman for the season.
Think Lobbe will be about the same but Lobbe is 130k more

Vinny

No way is he well ahead. They are even after what Simpson has shown in the last couple seasons.

Ziplock

I think, providing they're both at relatively the same levels of fitness, geelong will give hmac first crack.

quinny88

Quote from: vinny on January 16, 2014, 07:07:21 PM
No way is he well ahead. They are even after what Simpson has shown in the last couple seasons.

Don't know why people are saying "the past couple of seasons"

He played 2 games in 2012 in which he had 2 disposals and 16 hitouts in one game and 6 disposals and 17 hitouts in the other, so in actual fact he showed bugger all in 2012.

2013 he didn't get a game until round 13 when Trent west was forced out with a back injury (who isn't that great of a Ruckman himself) then Simpson played 6 games which 3 of them were good.

I think people are overrating him a tad. Mcintosh was being played ahead of Goldy in 2012 before he was injured. He is far superior to Simpson and I'd bet anyone that he plays ahead of him every week when fit

Mat0369

Simpson has spent the majority of his career on the injury list, the reason Trent West was getting a game is because Simpson was injured and was not fit to return until around mid year. This is also the reason Bltz was given games early, Geelong had a long list of injured rucks including McIntosh, Simpson and Vardy. Since Vardy and Simpson were seen as LTI's before the season even started last year, the Cats were forced to go out and get a ruck so they wouldn't play the trash that is Trent West. Everyone saying that the Cats rate Simpson highly are correct, they do, his body has just constantly let him down. If you go and look at Simpson play before he got injured yet again, his form was really good minus the stupid mistake he made in the Brisbane game not taking time off the clock.

In terms of the original question I would lean towards Lobbe since McIntosh is an accident waiting to happen and he does have some competition at the Cats who would be looking to continue to blood youth. I would be hesitant about Lobbe since Port will be looking to try and play both Redden and Lobbe in the same team which will most likely hurt his scoring potential but be best for Port moving forward.

eaglesman

I currently have Lobbe in my team gents.

But in my opinion I would be nervous about picking him if redden is named in the side. If i was coach I wouldnt even play Redden he is practically a waste of space. But unfortunately I am not the coach :P

HMAC is an absolute fantasy beast! If he shows any form in the NAB cup and it becomes clear he is number 1 ruck at the cats he is an absolute lock selection and will come straight into my team. If he looks like he is number 2 ruck then I would probably still pick him. I myself am not a fan of Vardy so cant see HMAC being left out of the side.
I wouldnt think Simpson is HMAC's bootlace to be honest. But its been a couple of years since we have seen HMAC get on the park.

The more and more I see competition for ruck spots in such teams makes the cheap price of Grundy become more appealing in my opinion. Only needs to play to the byes and he should make ya decent cash ... then it is about using the cashed saved from getting grundy to select a keeper in another position knowing that you have not used the cash to select a keeper ruckman. grundy is not a keeper

shaker

To be honest H mac is the only cheap ruck that is on my radar lets see how he goes leading into the season .

Ricochet

Quote from: quinny88 on January 16, 2014, 07:52:30 PM
Quote from: vinny on January 16, 2014, 07:07:21 PM

Don't know why people are saying "the past couple of seasons"

He played 2 games in 2012 in which he had 2 disposals and 16 hitouts in one game and 6 disposals and 17 hitouts in the other, so in actual fact he showed bugger all in 2012.

2013 he didn't get a game until round 13 when Trent west was forced out with a back injury (who isn't that great of a Ruckman himself) then Simpson played 6 games which 3 of them were good.

I think people are overrating him a tad. Mcintosh was being played ahead of Goldy in 2012 before he was injured. He is far superior to Simpson and I'd bet anyone that he plays ahead of him every week when fit
HMac has only played 8 games in 2 years also ;)

Ricochet

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/mitch-duncan-says-geelong-ruckmen-looking-good-ahead-of-preseason-matches/story-fndv8haf-1226806526780?from=public_rss#mm-breached

GEELONGS big-man stocks are looking up with ruckman Dawson Simpson and Hamish McIntosh eyeing potential round one jumpers.

Cats midfielder Mitch Duncan said both were training well and his side could consider playing both if each was up and running throughout 2014.