Main Menu

Brownlow 2014 Discussion

Started by kilbluff1985, January 13, 2014, 11:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Quote from: quinny88 on January 16, 2014, 08:29:37 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 16, 2014, 08:24:40 PM
Swan will always be the better footballer in my view, can see why he Umps like him, just a shame SC cheat him all the time
You can't be serious?  :o
Swan is a gun no doubt but he's just an accumulator. Pendles is the classiest player in the AFL
I disagree, he's a real footballer! More of a footballer than Pendles. If he wasn't so athletic Pendles wouldn't be that great

Great athlete who clearly learnt a lot from Basketball and a brilliant player sure, I'll take Swan thanks

kilbluff1985

Come on TBAG, Pendles is also a great decision maker better then Swan in making decisions I'd be willing to bet on

quinny88

Athletic? I have never considered Pendles as someone amazingly athletic.

He accumulates a lot of ball, always uses it well, cool and calm under pressure, never gets caught, can kick on both feet. He's a complete footballer. Swan also a gun but not on Pendles level

tbagrocks

Agree with you but I wouldn't call him a complete footballer just yet, we like different things on a footy field :) 

elephants

Haha I think Pendles is reasonably athletic but his decision making/efficiency is where he really stacks on the value imo.

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 16, 2014, 08:38:10 PM
If he wasn't so athletic Pendles wouldn't be that great

And anyway, you can't just pluck a players best attribute and rate him without it :P Thats like saying "if Dangerfield wasn't so explosive he would be crap" or "if Swan didn't accumulate the ball so much he would be average." It just doesn't work :P

Mat0369

Danger although I think Pendles will win the Leigh Matthews Trophy

elephants

My tip, GAJ. Very boring I know but he's still a cut above every other player in the comp imo. Think this'll be the last year before guys like Swallow, Martin, Bennell, O'Meara etc. Start stealing regular votes off him!

Bill Manspeaker

Lenny Hayes to poll 3 votes in every game and set a record that will never be beaten

Mat0369

Quote from: brad on January 16, 2014, 11:46:35 PM
Lenny Hayes to poll 3 votes in every game and set a record that will never be beaten

I would like that.

elephants

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 17, 2014, 12:02:05 AM
I would like that.

Haha yeah I don't think anyone would complain :P

tbagrocks

Quote from: elephants on January 17, 2014, 12:28:41 AM
I would like that.

I disagree and his name is Brad Crouch :o

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 17, 2014, 12:47:04 AM
Quote from: elephants on January 17, 2014, 12:28:41 AM
I would like that.

I disagree and his name is Brad Crouch :o

he'd have to out poll Jaeger to do that tbag

#bait

tbagrocks

So here's the whole natural footballer v silky favourite again (Swan v Pendles)

Yeah sorry, Jaeger is not as good as Crouch :o

One thing is for sure, ad silk to a footballer, you end up with Chad the Boss, Matera, McLeod ect

So this means that the Boss will be runner up to Brad Crouch in a Charlie :P  Meh who is Jaeger, spud!! Just like Cotchspud

Noz

Chad Wingard to poll 3 votes in every game and set a record that will never be beaten

quinny88

Quote from: Noz on January 17, 2014, 01:16:59 AM
Chad Wingard to poll 3 votes in every game and set a record that will never be beaten

Chad Wingard to have a disappointing season now that teams man him up :)