Main Menu

Brownlow 2014 Discussion

Started by kilbluff1985, January 13, 2014, 11:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Gee looks the hardest year to predict, three superstars with so much upside yet, Cotchspud, Fyfe and the Dangerman all in contention as is Boaky but sshhh. Not sure if Scooter or Rocky can match those guys

Can Pendles play any better? Does Gazza still get noticed as well is a ripper team? Can Watto come back to his best? Is little Libba ready to pounce? Can Mr Jack get better still? Will Joel stay as sound as he was last year to threat again, can he get even better yet? My big smokie will be Mr Gibbs :-X 

Think it has to be one of those mentioned. Call me bias but gun to my head, my money goes on Paddy, still so much upside yet! Last year I took Fyfe, still waiting for him to take that next step

quinny88

Gaz won it at Geelong too don't forget tbag. I'd still back him in if I had to bet, he's a class above the league. Probably wouldn't get much return for a punt on him though so for a smokey ill say Murphy from the blue naggers. Probably won't happen but I'd imagine you get a decent return on that after his down year

tbagrocks

Guess I'm banking on a more forward role in parts, he'd probably still win though :P No doubt one day soon GAJ will play as a forward, how soon though is anyone's guess. Probably still win it though :P

Still, I can see him spending a fair bit of time forward this year. Sure I could be wrong, but again I refer to the legends of Jarman, Matthews, Rick Davies and of course GAS

GM

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 14, 2014, 11:11:15 PM
Guess I'm banking on a more forward role in parts, he'd probably still win though :P No doubt one day soon GAJ will play as a forward, how soon though is anyone's guess. Probably still win it though :P

Still, I can see him spending a fair bit of time forward this year. Sure I could be wrong, but again I refer to the legends of Jarman, Matthews, Rick Davies and of course GAS
R.Ebert

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 14, 2014, 11:11:15 PM

I don't see why he would yet though. He's still at the peak of his game so why move him.
He could play in a forward pocket till he's 36 if he wants to and I'm sure he will still kill it but at this stage I would leave him mid where he is dominating still. Leave him there right up until the day Omeara, bennell, swalow etc are actually more damaging than him then throw him forward

GoLions

Pendles I think is going to be one of the best players not to win a brownlow. The umpires just seem to think that because Swan gets the ball a lot he is BOG.

Rocky and Dangerfield would be my top 2 eligible pollers, with SJ right up there but will have been suspended at some point. Jelwood and Ablett to round out the top 5.

valkorum

valkorum

This thread just reminded me to go and put a bet on Fyfe to win the Brownlow - $10 @ $10

_wato

Quote from: GoLions16 on January 15, 2014, 02:59:21 AM
Pendles I think is going to be one of the best players not to win a brownlow. The umpires just seem to think that because Swan gets the ball a lot he is BOG.

Rocky and Dangerfield would be my top 2 eligible pollers, with SJ right up there but will have been suspended at some point. Jelwood and Ablett to round out the top 5.

I certainly agree. I nearly kick the screen when Demetriou reads out '3 votes, D Swan' because in so many cases Pendlebury has had the better game in every single aspect. I have so much hate for people that think that Swan is a better player because he gets the ball more. Stupid single minded supporters, who only like players who get the ball not what they do with it.

The umpires need to start regarding him more for all his amazing things he does! Everything he does turns to gold!

Terminator

Get the best price you can on Danger, and thank me later. Grrrr, that's from a power supporter :'(

tbagrocks

Swan will always be the better footballer in my view, can see why he Umps like him, just a shame SC cheat him all the time

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 16, 2014, 08:24:40 PM
Swan will always be the better footballer in my view, can see why he Umps like him, just a shame SC cheat him all the time
You can't be serious?  :o
Swan is a gun no doubt but he's just an accumulator. Pendles is the classiest player in the AFL

upthemaidens

CB have a Brownlow betting option;  either Dangerfield, Fyfe or Cotchin to win @$4.50

kilbluff1985

quinny88

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 16, 2014, 08:31:02 PM
CB have a Brownlow betting option;  either Dangerfield, Fyfe or Cotchin to win @$4.50

That's juicy but would need to put down 100 for the return to be worth it