Advice needed please.

Started by Wastelander, March 10, 2010, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wastelander

I'm fairly happy with this team, however there are a few players that I'm not sure about, like Greenwood and Schoenmakers in the back and Mitchell in the mid now. Any help, or suggestions would be great, thanks.

Backs: B. Goddard, C. Enright, L.Hodge, G. Johncock, N. Malceski, L. Greenwood, R. Schoenmakers. (M. Maguire, J. Carlisle)

Mids: D. Swan, S. Mitchell, J. Watson, R. Griffen, M. Barlow, D. Martin (J. Trengove (Melb) B. Moles)

Rucks: A. Sandilands, P. Ryder (J. Roughead, R. Stanley) 

Forwards: N.Riewoldt, M. Pavlich, D. Giansiracusa, A. Schneider, B. Hall, B. Warren, G. Rohan (T. Rockliff, C. Hitchcock)

Adzsta23

nice side!
the backline is a lil lean tho, id take ryder out of the ruck for someone like seaby or ottens that should produce between 60-80 points and allow you to have a bit more money for ur backline

options for your bacline that are cheap: J Hunt & R Ladson

Wild Thing

Wastelander,
I don't think your team is that bad at all.  First thing I would do is downgrade Ryder and upgrade Swan for Ablett.
Schneider I'm not sold on based on NAB cup form.  Remember St Kilda have rested at least 1 premium mid in every game so far and I think Armitage is ahead of him now (as well as Dal Santo, Hayes, Montagna, Jones and Goddard when he's in there) so I can't see his role changing that much from last year which means I don't think he'll score that well and won't go up in value much either.
Rohan's TOG and selection is a query for me also as is Giansiracusa's consistency.

c4v3m4n

Hey there Wastelander.

Backs - Johncock is a nice unique choice, and I reckon your backs good and solid.

Midfield - No Ablett hey...interesting. Swan is a decent replacement, and should have another stellar year. IMO though, downgrade Trengove for a cheaper option to free up some cash.

Rucks - Ryder is another interesting unique choice but I feel that sharing ruck duties with Hille may reduce his pointscoring abilities. Tippett is another option there.

Forward - Personally, IMO, I dont think Rohan belongs on ground. He is more suited to being on your bench. If you have extra cash left over, theres where it should be spent.

So, in conclusion, its a very nice looking team. Rohan is probably the real only problem so i give it a 9/10.

PS. Greenwood, Shoenmakers and Mitchell are all in my team too. Greenwood and Shoenmakers will make money, Mitchell will be a massive points scorer this year.

Good luck and happy supercoaching!  :D

Wastelander

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

After your advice I've made a few changes:

Backs: No change.

Mids: Trengove out, Banner/Shuey in.

Rucks: Ryder out, Tippitt in.

Forwards: Schneider out, Higgins in. Rohan off ground, Rockliff/Hitchcock on. I still have Rohan on the bench, who should I replace him with? Are there any other rookie forwards likely to get games?

With these changes made, I have 63k left to upgrade someone, maybe Gia?

Juddy_Fan35

Get podsiadly instead of rohan... Saves a bit of extra cash and you could upgrade gia to buddy or pavlich maybe?

Wastelander

Ok, cheers.
I don't know anything about Podsiadly, what's he like? Reckon he'll get games?

And, I've got Pav, and not a massive fan of Buddy, but it's an option.

Thanks mate.

Juddy_Fan35

Podsiadly is a big forward who is good on the lead... So when tom hawkins fails again or mooney gets reported he will play... They have also talked about playing with all 3... And with the delivery of the geelong midfield, should get good oppurtunitys... Has a good set shot on him, watched a few games in the vfl last year...

Might not play first few rounds? Wait and see.... Thats why he is on the bench. If you have rockliff covering for injuries you should be right....

Could maybe look at fev or jono brown then? Or maybe a didak

Wastelander

That's great, thanks a lot mate.

Wastelander

Ok, here's the updated team, any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Backs: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Johncock, Malceski, Greenwood Schoenmakers (Maguire, Carlisle)

Mids: Swan, Mitchell, Watson, Griffen, Martin, Barlow (Banner, Moles)

Ruck: Sandilands, Ryder (Stanley, Roughead)

Forwards: Roo, Pav, Higgins, Didak, Hall, Warren, Hitchcock (Rockliff, Podsiadly)

Wastelander

Upping one more time, all suggestions and help with the final team would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

c4v3m4n

IMO, Downgrade Didak to Tippett, Gia or Franklin and then upgrade Hitchcock.

Hitchcock really shouldnt be starting on the ground, he's probably your 8th best foward there.

Apart from that, its a very good looking team. Well done. :)

Wastelander

Thanks mate, I appreciate that.

Ok, Didak out, Tippitt in. And swapped out Pods for . . . . . . I want to keep both Rockliff and Hitchcock at least on the bench. So, I have $219.600 left over for a seventh forward spot, any thoughts?

c4v3m4n

Hmm, IMO, your cheapest option at no. 7 is Walker at $240K. I understand that you dont have the required cash for that, so....

:-\ It might be that you have to downgrade Sandi to Clark or Ryder to Kruezer...

Wastelander

Heh heh, thanks mate.

TBH, I'm thinking of just taking the risk with Hitchcock, Rockliff and Pods, and just rotate 7th spot as to who will be named. If it's the only real risk I'm taking then I havn't done too badly.
I mean, surely one of the three should be named each week?
Unless you know of a better rookie option?
Thanks again mate.