SC Draft Players

Started by MC, January 13, 2014, 03:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Captain

Quote from: Ricochet on January 14, 2014, 07:00:25 PM
Players are ranked by Champion Data Points and scaled accordingly. Gives a more accurate idea of who influenced the game more

Wowza. Some intense scoring system there. So good players to look for are ones that are good who are in shower teams?? Cos there scores will be scaled up because there team is likely to score poor??

GoLions

Quote from: noto07 on January 15, 2014, 12:22:09 PM
Players are ranked by Champion Data Points and scaled accordingly. Gives a more accurate idea of who influenced the game more

Wowza. Some intense scoring system there. So good players to look for are ones that are good who are in shower teams?? Cos there scores will be scaled up because there team is likely to score poor??
Not exactly. If your team does crap, players on that team won't have had much influence, so there score will likely not be as high. But on a team that does really well, there may be too many people who score well, making it harder for the best players to score very high. The points don't get split into equal amounts for each team, just 3300 overall.

The_Captain

Quote from: GoLions16 on January 15, 2014, 01:00:18 PM
Quote from: noto07 on January 15, 2014, 12:22:09 PM

Not exactly. If your team does crap, players on that team won't have had much influence, so there score will likely not be as high. But on a team that does really well, there may be too many people who score well, making it harder for the best players to score very high. The points don't get split into equal amounts for each team, just 3300 overall.

Oh my bad. I thought you meant each side gets the 3300. Makes more sense now. Was gonna say, just stack my side with like  a trengrove at melb or a ward at gws. But yeah i get it now.

Mat0369

It depends what lineup you go with. Our draft league last year started 2 ruck spots, 6 mids, 5 defenders and 5 forwards. That meant if you had DPP you were worth their weight in gold. If you gave me two players of similar ability and one had DPP I would be taking them. Also the fact that ruck was the shallowest position and we started 2, if I didn't have pick one or two to take Pendels or Gaz I would be taking a ruck with my first pick. The gap between the mids is lesser then the gap between the best rucks. So using last season as an example, I went Cox with my first pick as he gave me the option to swing him to the rucks or play him forward. He had the 3rd highest average and was close to 10 points better then 4th or if in a 12 team league, the difference between first and 12th was 23 points compared to 19 points between the mids.

Now Pendles and Gaz were the only two mids to average over 125, the next best was 118 (Selwood), which was only 4 points better then Minno who was the highest averaging ruck. After Cox (107) the next best was Roughy under 100 (98). This makes it crucial to get someone you think will be a top end ruck, especially if you start 2 at the position.