SC Draft Players

Started by MC, January 13, 2014, 03:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MC

Who would be your top picks in the SC draft game? So much strategy involved, obviously once ablett/pendles etc are gone you've got to consider whether you want the 4th/5th best mids or the BEST defender and forward?

IE Sam Mitchell/Bartel/Hodge/McVeigh  should all be top defenders

My top few would be:
Pendles
GAJ
NicNat
Mitchell
Dangerfield

I think the key might be to have some sneaky picks ready to go and to also consider the rookies who will get consistent games and average reasonably well. Tough game by the looks of it though!

GoLions

I think I would still be aiming to get a good mid as you need a good captain option each week, so maybe a Watson, Rockliff, Jelwood, Swan etc. Non-mids I would be looking at would be Danger, Goldy, and Mitchell most likely.

kilbluff1985

Dangerfield could go #1 with DPP tough choice between him and Pendles

Footyrulz

I would go:

1. Pendles
2. Gazza
3. Jelwood
4. Swan
5. Danger

Ricochet

If i can't get a top 2-3 pick I tend to look at players in the other positions (fwd/ruck/def) that are a cut above the rest. Someone like Danger in the forwards or McVeigh/Mitchell in defence would all be 5-10points above the next best in that possie.

jimmytigs

i think i will aim for a good mid captain-pendles/swan/watson/fyfe/jelwood/gaj/sselwood/griffen then i think the midfield runs deep enough after securing 1 of them to load up in defence & attack first,try & get as many of danger(pick him first even if others gone)/mitchell/mcveigh types as possible then 2 good rucks then back to the midfield where i feel after the first group of premiums i listed above are gone things even out so much so that it wouldnt matter who your 4/5 backups are to your captain in the mids

i just hope idiots pick cox/franklin first or 2 other similars like they did in so many drafts i was in last year,i could never work that tactic out but i loved it,in 1 draft i got pendles & swan & in another i got boyd as my 3rd pick(granted his year was a little disappointing but at time couldnt believe my luck)because clowns kept picking cox/franklin/goddard with their first picks

brownmans muffins

Unless you can get Ablett/Pendles I'd definitely go a gun from the other 3 positions.
Normally I don't pick mids until even rounds 6-8.
All about posiition scarcity - you can fill out mids with shunned players from Free Agency on any given week - but good luck finding an 90ppw or even 80ppw DEF/FWD lying around too often.
Also - I think having Captains in the draft format is ridiculous.
Great format and much more captivating than the normal SC.

redfield

I think my top 5 would be

1. Pendles
2. Dangerfield
3. Selwood
4. Minson
5. Mitchell

Jroo

My top 5 would be
1. Pendles
2. Ablett
3. Danger
4. Selwood
5. Swan

Danger could even possibly go at #1.
Last year I had pick three and got Pendles, Cox went at one and Gazza at 2.

Vinny

If it was just for the one year

Pendles
Danger
Ablett
Selwood

nrich102

Gaz, Danger, Pendles, Rocky and Luey would be high on my list.

mark621

1. Danger
2. Pendles
3. JSelwood
4. Watson
5. Gaz

Ricochet

People actually think Pendles and Jelwood will out average GAJ this year?

GoLions

Quote from: Ricochet on January 14, 2014, 04:47:22 PM
I think Pendles might, Jelwood won't.

Jroo

Quote from: GoLions16 on January 14, 2014, 04:50:50 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 14, 2014, 04:47:22 PM
I think Pendles might, Jelwood won't.