My Supercoach Team 2010 (Rate mine and ill rate yours!!)

Started by Adzsta23, March 10, 2010, 05:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will be the swans no.1 ruckman

Shane Mumford
Mark Seaby

Adzsta23

version 2 of my new team is down there \/\/\/\/\/\/\       please rate! :)

ossie85

Incredible midfield!! Actually, not that bad, but there are glaring weak spots in the forward line and back line. Raines and Wonaemirri? Wouldn't touch those yet.

Get rid of 1, possibly 2, midfielders to upgrade forwards and backs

Adzsta23

Thanks  :P i try make a strong midfield, my team pushed over 1000 points a round out of the midfield last with with ablett swan gibbs murphy selwood and pendlebury

ive only gone with raines and wonaeamirri cause i havnt found any better options really, $15,400 left in the bank

myles5

get rid of wonaemirri for rockliff...he shld a decent ammount of games this year
walker for mayne
raines for greenwood

otherwise team is solid with a strong midfield

Adzsta23

cheers mate,
how many games do you think rockcliff will get roughtly?

taylor is meant to b going into the midfield this yr so is he still a good option or would u recomend mayne still?

raines for greenwood sounds good tho thx :)

Wild Thing

I think you're far too deep in the midfield when there are a plethora of midfield rookies this year that will make you huge $.  Your midfield now is what mine will look like after about Round 12 and I'll still have all my guns everywhere else.  More money to be made with midfield rookies this year than anywhere else.  You have no trade up options in your midfield.  All your trade up options are in defence and forward and you're relying on injured players coming back and regaining top form to make money, which historically has been very difficult to do.
Very thin forward line with Giansiracusa at #2.  You're relying on Hall, Medhurst, Walker and Wonamirri to have belting years to have any trade options at all really.
I would say a big no to Raines due to his history. 
And as for your theory of getting 1000 points per round from your midfield, that's fine, but what happens when you get a donut in the backline and Ladson, Hunt and Malceski only get 60 each??  Your midfield score has been totally negated by the fact that your backline has only scored 400-450.  I would downgrade Gibbs, Mitchell or Selwood to any of Trengove, Scully, Morabito, Banner, Moles etc and upgrade Giansiracusa to Riewoldt and Schneider to O'Keefe, Didak, Pavlich etc.

Your risk v. reward ratio is huge, but if you're willing to gamble, then it could pay off.  Your scores will start off well, but by Round 8-10, everyone else who has taken the upgrade path will have caught up and probably passed you due to your lack of options to upgrade.

myles5

i watched rockliff the other week against carlton n i wuld safely say he shld play upwards of 15 games of course barring injury. he looked great!

id go with mayne at this stage as i think he will mix well with pav up forward this yr but i havnt heard much bout walker either so if u think he will play midfield then maybe keep him

i culdnt trust raines he burnt me last yr

Adzsta23

thanks wild thing!

my forward line is fairly thin but i guess i havnt found any quality priced forwards this yr as of yet, do u have any suggestions?

as for the midfield i stick with that midfield purely for a consistency of points, there players you can rely on for points n generally means no trades in your midfield, ill make money off my bench midfielders to tho

as for the backline most players such as hunt ladson and malceski have all come back from injury so getting more games there value should rise id think, giving the ability to upgrade from a avg score of 60 to 80-90 in time

Adzsta23

myles5 - Rockliff could be a great prospect im just not sure yet considering weve only ever seen him in 2 afl games

mayne sounds like a solid option tho (Y) ill watch him vs taylor in the first 4 rounds and take that one from there

and raines was changed for greenwood (Y)

Wild Thing

Adzsta,
I understand and appreciate your midfield theory.  It's different to mine and I wish you luck.  That's the beauty of SC, different people have different philosophies and it will be interesting to see how things pan out.
For value in the forward line, I'd look at Dangerfield and Ziebell.  Both are going to play extended time in the midfield this year and I think they'll be great cash cows.

Adzsta23

thanks wild thing, best of luck to you as well!

ill keep a eye on dangerfield and zieball, i had dangerfield in my side b4 i replaced him with barry hall, i think hall might JUST score in front of him this yr

mjpaps

Very heavy mids, but overall balanced...
It should pay off for you.

I like Walker over Mayne IMO
I think Dennis-Lane is injured.

8.5 / 10

Adzsta23

VERSION 2

Please Rate my team guys, ill rate yours back! :)
                                                                                                Bench
Full Back : Enright.C,   Shaw.H,   Hodge.L     Greenwood.L        Trengove.J
Half Back:         Hunt.J,  Ladson.R,  Malceski.L                          Silvagni.A

Midfield: Ablett.G (capt), Swan.D (vice), Mitchell.S,                     Jetta.L
                      Selwood.J, Gibbs.B, Martin.D                              Barlow.M

Ruck:          Sandilands.A,          Natinui.N                              Warknock.R
                                                                                          Skipper.W

Forwards: Brown.J, Giansircusa.D, Schneider.A                                  Rockliff.T
                 Medhurst.P, Hall.B, Dangerfield.P, Dennis-Lane.T     Gumbleton.S

Open to all suggestions, thanks for your input  ;D