Main Menu

2014 Rucks

Started by Maggie May, January 13, 2014, 01:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Lobbes stats have been steadily improving when sole ruck and only need to improve to get his average up to 90+. As with most predictions it is an educated guess but then they can be wrong.

I could put my analysis between Minson, Lobbe and Jacobs in break out years and the year before but does not copy and paste easily, Lobbe Stats for this year are very close to Minsons for 2012 so read into that what you like.

ubeaut

Quote from: Ringo on January 13, 2014, 05:52:04 PM
Lobbes stats have been steadily improving when sole ruck and only need to improve to get his average up to 90+. As with most predictions it is an educated guess but then they can be wrong.

I could put my analysis between Minson, Lobbe and Jacobs in break out years and the year before but does not copy and paste easily, Lobbe Stats for this year are very close to Minsons for 2012 so read into that what you like.
Cheers for that Ringo. And it's a good point that 90+ is gettable and worth it for the price.

Baggers2012

Quote from: ubeaut on January 13, 2014, 05:30:01 PM
Also, could all those picking Lobbe give reasons WHY and HOW he will be this years Minson?

Is it just because he is no.1 ruck and has had time to develop? Minson took YEARS to do what he did last year. I mean he was behind Hudson who was a warrior but hardly an elite ruck. Something/s must have just clicked for him. What makes people so sure Lobbe will "click" now?

I think he's back end to 2013 was real promising. last 6 games scored 5 tons at an average of 114, 15 tackles in one of those games I believe, coming into his prime (about to turn 25 I think), he has improved immensely  over the last 2 years. I can see him averaging a tick over 100.

Was wondering people's thoughts on big Sauce? I had him last year and he disappointed me, do you think he can get back to 2012 form?

shaker

Going with Minson and Lobbe and will see how they perform in the first 2 rounds if any of the cheaper guys stand out it's easy to do one trade jump on board and will also free up some cash but I will not have a 200k in the bank if I go with a cheapie and they fail so I would have to do a double trade get rid of a gun in another line to fix the problem .

As for big sauce had him last year as well as Bellchambers and Nic Nat and lost so many points it was not funny the reason for going with Will and Lobbe , if I can afford it I will replace Lobbe with Goldy but just have to wait and see.

Ricochet

Longer is an option as a fallback trade if Sandi or Hmac go down early in the season. Saves you from needing cash

jimmytigs

hawkers65 is most on the money here,im looking at hmac/sandi/grundy or longer/thurlow with bellchambers up forward.i believe grundy & longer will clearly be #1 at their clubs & the fist 2 speak for themselves if fit & belly on standby,thurlow can be a captain loophole as well as a swap for belly,if he gets a game or if any of them score big it will be a huge bonus.My tactic in the ruck this year is not to score greatly,but to lock & load them & keep all 30 trades for the other 3 lines(maybe use 1 or 2 only all year in the ruck).

if currie or naismith look like getting a sniff either 1 would replace grundy/longer

as for lobbe im snapping him up in category draft leagues,not only does he get hitouts but hes a tackling machine for a ruckmen often hitting double figures in a game,but cant have him here at sc,the rest of you mugs can take all those expensive guys but im saving my $ for other areas like defence as some have correctly stated-

roll on 9pm philippines time friday january 31 im getting damn toey

Slick5

NicNat and Grundy the young superstar atm.

redfield

Tossing up between a few options but most of my teams thus far have had a combination of NicNat, Sandi and Grundy.

Sabretooth Tigers

::)
Same as Hawkers 65.
MacIntosh and Sandilands with Bellchambers up forward.    ;)

tbagrocks

I'd defs be adding a poll here!

Think I had the Berger and Longer as mine, has to be much value in the cheapies surely, but just who plays?

Minson for the best option and Berger for the value of the premos imo, Hickey, Witts, Grundy, Sandi, Mummy, Hmac, Vardy, Longer sheesh, pick and hope here!

Why Lobbe? Is set to join the top shelf of ruckmen this year, wether he can be a viable keeper is a different story

quinny88

I don't get the hype around lobbe all of a sudden. Surely won't average 110+ which you need from your premium Ruckman

CrowsFan

Quote from: quinny88 on January 15, 2014, 01:12:23 AM
I don't get the hype around lobbe all of a sudden. Surely won't average 110+ which you need from your premium Ruckman
Only 2 rucks averaged 110+ last year, and only one more averaged over 100.

Lobbe averaged 105.7 from his last 7 games in the home and away season (97 after the bye), then scored 118 and 105 in the finals.

That's just as impressive as any other ruck going around really...

brownmans muffins

Will find it hard to bypass NicNat.

The likes of Leuey etc are interesting but will probably take the punt w Sandi.

Bellchambers could go OK and will go into the FWD line with some scrubber (like McBean last year) as R/F in the RUCK in case Sandi gets snapped.

As long as any lengthy injuries can happen pre-season that would be convenient.

hawkers65

Ouch!; Belly out for a month after injuring ligaments in his ankle... Back mid Feb, would you still pick him?

jimmytigs

thats still a month before rd 1 & the bombers play in the 2nd week,simple,he plays rd 1 hes in if he doesnt its a new plan as hale & other dpp options dont have same appeal,would be better if bombers were playing first week so we knew where we were at,but it is what it is & thats what keeps us on our toes