Main Menu

2014 Rucks

Started by Maggie May, January 13, 2014, 01:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty00

Quote from: Honey Badger on January 15, 2014, 01:27:02 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on January 15, 2014, 01:12:23 AM
I don't get the hype around lobbe all of a sudden. Surely won't average 110+ which you need from your premium Ruckman
Only 2 rucks averaged 110+ last year, and only one more averaged over 100.

Lobbe averaged 105.7 from his last 7 games in the home and away season (97 after the bye), then scored 118 and 105 in the finals.

That's just as impressive as any other ruck going around really...
All this was after Redden got injured though. Prior to that they played in the same team a bit. Unless he's certain to be the solo ruckman in the team I'd be wary of picking him.

eaglesman

Quote from: Rusty00 on January 16, 2014, 04:38:53 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on January 15, 2014, 01:27:02 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on January 15, 2014, 01:12:23 AM
I don't get the hype around lobbe all of a sudden. Surely won't average 110+ which you need from your premium Ruckman
Only 2 rucks averaged 110+ last year, and only one more averaged over 100.

Lobbe averaged 105.7 from his last 7 games in the home and away season (97 after the bye), then scored 118 and 105 in the finals.

That's just as impressive as any other ruck going around really...
All this was after Redden got injured though. Prior to that they played in the same team a bit. Unless he's certain to be the solo ruckman in the team I'd be wary of picking him.

this definitely has me thinking .... but interchange cap has been talked up about whether teams can afford to play 2 ruckman

Mat0369

Just thought I would ask this question in here as I think it is something to consider when mentioning guys like Goldy and Minno

Name a ruck other then Dean Cox over the last 4 seasons that has had a really good SC season and then backed it up the following year?

Vinny

Todd Golstein mate.

2011: 113
2012: 93
2013: 113

Mat0369

Goldstein had an injury interrupted preseason and his form wasn't great for most of 2012. He was even dropped for McIntosh and the only reason he got back into the side was HMac injured his knee. Also a 93 average is not acceptable for a 600k player.

Vinny

You complain too much Matt, Goldy has easily proven himself with three years where he killed it. 93 is still an extremely good averaged. We cannot have another Dean Cox, he has on another level which I am sure you know.

Mat0369

Vinny 93 is not a good average for a guy that you just paid top dollar for at his position. That is a 20 ppg drop between the two seasons. For those complaining about Jacobs last season, he only dropped 16 ppg last year. McEvoy averaged 93.3 (11 ppg drop) and yet there was also criticism of his season last year, so Goldstein had a shocker for a premium ruck in 2012.

My point is that unless your name is Dean Cox in the last 5 years I am not paying top dollar for a ruck in SC. Sandilands is about the only guy you could have argued for in that time frame and he has had his own injury issues. All the value rucks have come in at under 500k the last few seasons. The 'warhorse' guys like Goldstein, Minson, Mummy, Maric, Jacobs and co that have rucked alone for extended periods of the season have flopped the year after. Just be careful who you pick and you are probably better off trying to hit with a combo under 500k and try and find this years Goldy/Leuenberger/Minno instead of paying top dollar for a guy in the ruck.

And for the record I started with Goldstein and Leuenberger as my two rucks in 2013

Dayze

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 18, 2014, 02:52:05 AM
Just thought I would ask this question in here as I think it is something to consider when mentioning guys like Goldy and Minno

Name a ruck other then Dean Cox over the last 4 seasons that has had a really good SC season and then backed it up the following year?
Good question tho.
Goldy sorta has I guess. Leuenberger was on track for another good year before his Achilles from memory.

In saying that, I am supremely confident Goldstein will average 110 again next season. Minson less confidence

Mat0369

Quote from: Dayze on January 18, 2014, 03:17:04 AM
Good question tho.
Goldy sorta has I guess. Leuenberger was on track for another good year before his Achilles from memory.

In saying that, I am supremely confident Goldstein will average 110 again next season. Minson less confidence

I wanted to go with a Berger/Jacobs combo that year he injured himself and ended up changing my mind on him last minute with all the injury reports. I was quite lucky in the end considering he got injured early on, but his back end to the season before he got injured was pretty amazing, it is actually fairly similar to Lobbes scores from last year, it was one of the reasons I pounced on him this past season since he was fairly cheap and had the potential to average 100+

Ricochet

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 18, 2014, 03:15:42 AM
Vinny 93 is not a good average for a guy that you just paid top dollar for at his position. That is a 20 ppg drop between the two seasons. For those complaining about Jacobs last season, he only dropped 16 ppg last year. McEvoy averaged 93.3 (11 ppg drop) and yet there was also criticism of his season last year, so Goldstein had a shocker for a premium ruck in 2012.

My point is that unless your name is Dean Cox in the last 5 years I am not paying top dollar for a ruck in SC. Sandilands is about the only guy you could have argued for in that time frame and he has had his own injury issues. All the value rucks have come in at under 500k the last few seasons. The 'warhorse' guys like Goldstein, Minson, Mummy, Maric, Jacobs and co that have rucked alone for extended periods of the season have flopped the year after. Just be careful who you pick and you are probably better off trying to hit with a combo under 500k and try and find this years Goldy/Leuenberger/Minno instead of paying top dollar for a guy in the ruck.

And for the record I started with Goldstein and Leuenberger as my two rucks in 2013
I agree with you Mat. Its the exact reason I'm staying away from guys like Minson. The top end rucks are too unpredictable for me

Sabretooth Tigers

::)
Change of heart and going  Leuenberger and Lobbe. Leaving it this way pending NAB form    :)

Anthonyyyy

I was going with Minson and Sandi

but now I have Ryder and Nic Nat as Bellchambers has got an injury and when Ryder is the only ruckmen he scores a lot more so that is why have gone with him