Main Menu

The outside contenders

Started by quinny88, January 13, 2014, 12:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Captain

Quote from: quinny88 on January 14, 2014, 05:02:56 PM
Yeah I share the same view. I'd have him in the goal square every week but I think the theory is that it makes us less predictable and he is more creative and clean at delivering the ball inside 50 than most would realise so it brings another dimension. Will have to wait and see on that one though

Yeah for sure!! Whatever helps their cause i spose! Hes good enough to play up the ground.

Toga

This thread is cray-cray. :P

nrich102

Haven't been bothered to read through this thread, so sorry if this has been said, but Gold Coast anyone?

quinny88

Quote from: nrich102 on January 14, 2014, 10:29:34 PM
Haven't been bothered to read through this thread, so sorry if this has been said, but Gold Coast anyone?

Nah the whole thread has basically been Noz telling me Richmond aren't any good and everyone else telling him they are lol.

Goldcoast for me are a mystery but I can't see them making the 8. I think they will go past a couple more teams and probably win some surprise games but actually making the 8 is a stretch especially with how close tough the competition is at the moment

tbagrocks

Then there was me saying Richmond still have to prove themselves yet ;) They'll finish in front of Collingwood though!

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 14, 2014, 10:56:26 PM
Then there was me saying Richmond still have to prove themselves yet ;) They'll finish in front of Collingwood though!

Nothing is more pleasing than finishing above the pies 8)

Ricochet

Gold Coast are still a few years off making the 8

quinny88

Quote from: Ricochet on January 14, 2014, 11:55:56 PM
Gold Coast are still a few years off making the 8

Few years you reckon??
I think this year will tell the story. If they push close and make more improvement then they could only be a year away. Keep in mind all of those high end pics they have coming into their prime at the same time.

Vinny

They will make the 8 or push for it in 2015 IMO.

quinny88

Quote from: vinny on January 15, 2014, 01:49:03 AM
They will make the 8 or push for it in 2015 IMO.

Yeah I think they would have to be setting he selves as there pass mark to play finals by 2015.
That's there 5th year in the system and they have had a far easier path with the draft conccesions than any other team rebuilding has got

Ricochet

Its a big big step from 9-13 to inside the top 8. 2016 they will push imo

Ringo

I think Teams that finished 6 - 13 will all be in contention for the 8 again this year as I can not see any challenging the current Top 5. As Rico rightly points out for teams to make the 8 a team has to drop out and I can not see any of the Top 5 falling that far so that will leave 8 teams imo fighting for 3 positions.

Gold Coast may be in the mix but they would have to win an extra 5 games this year and it has hard to see that happening.

Mailman the 2nd

I'm going to put all my money on Gold Coast coming top 8 this year

nrich102

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on January 15, 2014, 11:04:51 AM
Thats a big call.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: nrich102 on January 15, 2014, 11:44:51 AM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on January 15, 2014, 11:04:51 AM
Thats a big call.

Well who would I be but just one of like a huge crowd if Richmond are the bolters this year (which is probably the most likely)

I wouldn't really put much money on Gold Coast, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them sneak 8th