Gws breakout contenders

Started by Correy, January 10, 2014, 09:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorty3264

I'm a huge wrap for Dylan Shiel, I think he'll have a ripping year and be the best of the group long term. Coniglio is a classy player and Treloar has ofcourse already proved he is one. But Shiel for mine.

Ziplock

Quote from: Ricochet on January 10, 2014, 11:44:18 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on January 10, 2014, 11:41:52 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 10, 2014, 11:31:46 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on January 10, 2014, 11:25:59 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 10, 2014, 11:15:00 AM
Treloar will be their 1st or 2nd best midfielder in a few years and will have a big year in 2014
Shiel and Conigs will both improve but not as much as the one above
Tomlinson is my next one to breakout.  Covers the ground well and finds the footy
Hampton is nearly there also. They really look to use him out of defence

I like the look of Shiel tbh, but yeah him and treloar are my tips this year.

Hampton wil be ok as well I think as he kind of fits into the backline a little better.

I'm actually tipping Tomlinson to go backwards this year- I really like the guy, and he plays solid football, but we have a plethora of tall forwards atm, and I'm not sure how much time he'll get up front... if he gets dropped back it'd kill his scores a bit.
Yeh I like Shiel as well. Was a gun junior
I think the difference between Tomlinson and your other tall fwds is he gets a lot higher up the ground than the others like Cameron, Patton and co who will stay in the fwd half. He was #1 at the club for marks and because he gets so high he involved in rebounds from defence allowing Cameron to stay deep

The issue is, to play higher up the ground he has to be pushing someone else back :P

I mean, he might be tried as like a tall wingman or something... there's a couple of unknowns though :P

I guess we'll see :P
No I meant as a CHF like he did this year. He plays like NRoo and pushes high then works back.
Yeh will be interesting to see where they fit in their talls

:/

Boyd, Cameron, Patton, Resting ruck... I dunno how tomlinson can fit in there :/

Ricochet

Quote from: Ziplock on January 10, 2014, 03:55:58 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 10, 2014, 11:44:18 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on January 10, 2014, 11:41:52 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 10, 2014, 11:31:46 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on January 10, 2014, 11:25:59 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 10, 2014, 11:15:00 AM
Treloar will be their 1st or 2nd best midfielder in a few years and will have a big year in 2014
Shiel and Conigs will both improve but not as much as the one above
Tomlinson is my next one to breakout.  Covers the ground well and finds the footy
Hampton is nearly there also. They really look to use him out of defence

I like the look of Shiel tbh, but yeah him and treloar are my tips this year.

Hampton wil be ok as well I think as he kind of fits into the backline a little better.

I'm actually tipping Tomlinson to go backwards this year- I really like the guy, and he plays solid football, but we have a plethora of tall forwards atm, and I'm not sure how much time he'll get up front... if he gets dropped back it'd kill his scores a bit.
Yeh I like Shiel as well. Was a gun junior
I think the difference between Tomlinson and your other tall fwds is he gets a lot higher up the ground than the others like Cameron, Patton and co who will stay in the fwd half. He was #1 at the club for marks and because he gets so high he involved in rebounds from defence allowing Cameron to stay deep

The issue is, to play higher up the ground he has to be pushing someone else back :P

I mean, he might be tried as like a tall wingman or something... there's a couple of unknowns though :P

I guess we'll see :P
No I meant as a CHF like he did this year. He plays like NRoo and pushes high then works back.
Yeh will be interesting to see where they fit in their talls

:/

Boyd, Cameron, Patton, Resting ruck... I dunno how tomlinson can fit in there :/
No idea mate. I don't think they'll all play at the same time tbh. But could easily see two rucks rotated through the bench and then one subbed off for a small in the 3rd quarter. Then Cameron and Patton deep with Boyd and Tomlinson working up the ground from half fwd.

Mr.Craig

Lamb, O'Rourke and Kelly would be the ones that have the most value to gain.

Treloar, Shiel and Coniglio should continue trending upwards but I wouldn't say there's anyone at the club that I think will "breakout" to any great extent.

shaker

Most of  these guys are all priced in that 350k to 450k bracket and I think maybe 1 or 2 can breakout but just can't pinpoint which so I will steer clear at this stage maybe a good upgrade round 3 if 1 of them has a blinding start

Vinny

Quote from: vinny on January 10, 2014, 11:46:08 AM
Shiel averaged 75 this year, what's your prediction for 2014 Zip?

Ziplock

Quote from: vinny on January 10, 2014, 09:35:59 PM
Quote from: vinny on January 10, 2014, 11:46:08 AM
Shiel averaged 75 this year, what's your prediction for 2014 Zip?

Nah, I think I can see him potentially pushing into the low to mid 90s.

Vinny

tbagrocks

GWS breakouts hmmm. I hear a baby was just born, could be a breakout in 19 years ;)  recruit him now and save the drama, sheesh better not speak too loudly or they will

Ricochet

Leon Cameron on who is ripping up the track this preseason:

AFL ‏@AFL 2m
.@sam_care Tom Scully, Tom Bugg, Adam Tomlinson and Jeremy Cameron  #AskTheCoach

Mat0369

Shiel and Treloar are the two I would continue to look at.

colmullet

i'd love to see them let Greene off the hook in the middle again, the kid is a Swan like ball magnet

theta

Quote from: colmullet on January 18, 2014, 08:15:34 PM
i'd love to see them let Greene off the hook in the middle again, the kid is a Swan like ball magnet

Greene's 2012 was awesome, what happened in 2013?  I heard he was moved back into defence and got tagging roles. 
Can anyone confirm this? 
Anyone know how Greene is travelling this pre-season? 
Will he continue to be used defensively?

There is little competition atm...
Ward
Scully
Treloar
Shiel
Coniglio
Palmer

colmullet

yeah they put him into different roles to teach him some accountability more than anything i think, i reckon they would be crazy to not get him back in the middle eventually. I havent heard anything on his pre-season or likely role in the team this year though, he would be a nice little smokey if he returned into the middle

Ziplock

Quote from: theta on January 19, 2014, 02:21:46 PM
Quote from: colmullet on January 18, 2014, 08:15:34 PM

Greene's 2012 was awesome, what happened in 2013?  I heard he was moved back into defence and got tagging roles. 
Can anyone confirm this? 
Anyone know how Greene is travelling this pre-season? 
Will he continue to be used defensively?

There is little competition atm...
Ward
Scully
Treloar
Shiel
Coniglio
Palmer

yeah, he was thrown all over the place last year.

colmullet basically got it right, they were teaching him more accountability/ improving his defensive game.