Gws breakout contenders

Started by Correy, January 10, 2014, 09:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Correy

Thoughts on which of these boys will break out

Footyrulz

Coniglio: very likely, number 2 draft pick and has done well so far.
Treloar: been outstanding so far, and could improve even more.
Shiel: could have a very good year, the best of the lot i reckon.
Buntine: not yet.
Tomlinson: key forward, will never score that well.
Hampton: could do well, but will always be inconsistent.

CrowsFan

I would have Devon Smith in that list. But of the ones you have Treloar would be the best bet in my mind

Football Factory

Nige

Yeah, Dev Smith and Adam Treloar for me.

Rusty00

What about O'Rourke? What's the word on him for this season?

Football Factory

Quote from: Rusty00 on January 10, 2014, 11:05:30 AM
What about O'Rourke? What's the word on him for this season?
Haven't really heard much about him, see if he get's some games in pre-season comp.

Ricochet

Treloar will be their 1st or 2nd best midfielder in a few years and will have a big year in 2014
Shiel and Conigs will both improve but not as much as the one above
Tomlinson is my next one to breakout.  Covers the ground well and finds the footy
Hampton is nearly there also. They really look to use him out of defence

Ziplock

Quote from: Ricochet on January 10, 2014, 11:15:00 AM
Treloar will be their 1st or 2nd best midfielder in a few years and will have a big year in 2014
Tomlinson is my next one to breakout.  Covers the ground well and finds the footy

I like the look of Shiel tbh, but yeah him and treloar are my tips this year.

Hampton wil be ok as well I think as he kind of fits into the backline a little better.

I'm actually tipping Tomlinson to go backwards this year- I really like the guy, and he plays solid football, but we have a plethora of tall forwards atm, and I'm not sure how much time he'll get up front... if he gets dropped back it'd kill his scores a bit.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ziplock on January 10, 2014, 11:25:59 AM

Hampton wil be ok as well I think as he kind of fits into the backline a little better.

I'm actually tipping Tomlinson to go backwards this year- I really like the guy, and he plays solid football, but we have a plethora of tall forwards atm, and I'm not sure how much time he'll get up front... if he gets dropped back it'd kill his scores a bit.
Yeh I like Shiel as well. Was a gun junior
I think the difference between Tomlinson and your other tall fwds is he gets a lot higher up the ground than the others like Cameron, Patton and co who will stay in the fwd half. He was #1 at the club for marks and because he gets so high he involved in rebounds from defence allowing Cameron to stay deep

Ziplock

Quote from: Ricochet on January 10, 2014, 11:31:46 AM

I think the difference between Tomlinson and your other tall fwds is he gets a lot higher up the ground than the others like Cameron, Patton and co who will stay in the fwd half. He was #1 at the club for marks and because he gets so high he involved in rebounds from defence allowing Cameron to stay deep

The issue is, to play higher up the ground he has to be pushing someone else back :P

I mean, he might be tried as like a tall wingman or something... there's a couple of unknowns though :P

I guess we'll see :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Ziplock on January 10, 2014, 11:41:52 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 10, 2014, 11:31:46 AM

The issue is, to play higher up the ground he has to be pushing someone else back :P

I mean, he might be tried as like a tall wingman or something... there's a couple of unknowns though :P

I guess we'll see :P
No I meant as a CHF like he did this year. He plays like NRoo and pushes high then works back.
Yeh will be interesting to see where they fit in their talls

Vinny

Shiel averaged 75 this year, what's your prediction for 2014 Zip?

mark621

Coniglio easily
he came from the mighty Swans!

Jroo

Shiel, Treloar and Conigs should all improve their averages by a bit.
Greene will hopefully get back to his 2012 form, too.
I'm a big fan of Tomlinson and thought he was great this year, but with the recruitment of Boyd, he might have to go play in defence, which may affect his scores.