Main Menu

Fantasy Elite League

Started by Mr.Craig, January 09, 2014, 03:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Don't wanna be that guy... but how strict are we gonna be with the 12 hour rule?

If we're gonna be ruthless, I believe valk's skipped in a few minutes.  :-X

Football Factory

Quote from: NigeyS on February 16, 2014, 10:51:29 AM
Don't wanna be that guy... but how strict are we gonna be with the 12 hour rule?

If we're gonna be ruthless, I believe valk's skipped in a few minutes.  :-X

I don't think we will get to pick 10 players before the season starts  :-X

Mr.Craig

I have removed Valk and Spink from the league. The draft will now be at the AF site over a single day to be determined.

Football Factory

Quote from: Mr.Craig on February 16, 2014, 10:59:34 AM
I have removed Valk and Spink from the league. The draft will now be at the AF site over a single day to be determined.
Best way to go imo.

Nige

Damn it, I was looking forward to my pick.

Now I have to wait.  >:(

But seriously, I'm happy with anything.

Football Factory

Quote from: NigeyS on February 16, 2014, 11:04:31 AM

I don't think we would have a comp unless we do it this way. This way forces people to get on and pick.

Nige

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 16, 2014, 11:06:55 AM

I don't think we would have a comp unless we do it this way. This way forces people to get on and pick.
Quite true mate.

A lot of the 10 we have are on a fair bit though so I reckon we could get it done on here as well, it's up to Craig though.  :)

Football Factory

Quote from: NigeyS on February 16, 2014, 11:08:35 AM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 16, 2014, 11:06:55 AM

Quite true mate.

A lot of the 10 we have are on a fair bit though so I reckon we could get it done on here as well, it's up to Craig though.  :)
Yeah we do have reliable coaches, sometimes things don't always go to plan especially with the short amount of time we have.

Nige

Exceeded my 20 PMs per hour limit.  :P

Gotta go now too, will be back later (around 2-3pm) if we're still discussing it.  :)

JBs-Hawks

Reckon we could get it done pretty quick on here with those 10.

henry

This may be a stupid question, but if we did a draft here, how do we transfer the players we got into the elite site? Or Craig being commissioner can you just allocate players to each team?

If we use the Elite site and did the draft in 1 day I think on the morning on the weekend would be best? What I meant in the pms about the week beginning the 3rd of March was that I'm just not sure what time I will have free that week. It's likely I'll have some but I don't know when it will be yet so I didn't want to commit to anything that well that I mightn't be able to keep.

Football Factory

Quote from: henry on February 16, 2014, 12:33:23 PM
This may be a stupid question, but if we did a draft here, how do we transfer the players we got into the elite site? Or Craig being commissioner can you just allocate players to each team?

If we use the Elite site and did the draft in 1 day I think on the morning on the weekend would be best? What I meant in the pms about the week beginning the 3rd of March was that I'm just not sure what time I will have free that week. It's likely I'll have some but I don't know when it will be yet so I didn't want to commit to anything that well that I mightn't be able to keep.
Good question, i ran one last year and don't remember the option to enter players for teams etc ?

Maybe he starts the draft whatever day suits him and he picks all the players for everyone using the lists he will have on fanfooty ? would take a while and might be a tad lonely  ;D

Mr.Craig

If people gave me a list of 50 backs, 60 backs, 20 rucks, 50 forwards and 40 bench players along with the order they want to use for their 22 picks i.e Mid, Back, Ruck, Forward, Mid, Forward, Back etc. etc. then I could do it all myself.

Football Factory

Quote from: Mr.Craig on February 16, 2014, 02:24:26 PM
If people gave me a list of 50 backs, 60 backs, 20 rucks, 50 forwards and 40 bench players along with the order they want to use for their 22 picks i.e Mid, Back, Ruck, Forward, Mid, Forward, Back etc. etc. then I could do it all myself.
The way were doing it is fine.. we were just wondering how you are going to transfer the picks into an elite draft league after we have picked all the players.

Mr.Craig

I can do it manually, yes.

What I don't want is to have to babysit a draft thread here 24/7, cracking the whip trying to get people to make picks. If some people are struggling to find a few hours of their life to commit to an AF draft I don't know how they will go keeping tabs on FF to make sure they don't miss their selection.