BEST SUPERCOACH ROOKIE PICKS

Started by Jroo, January 07, 2014, 03:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Found this on the Herald Sun website, some may find it helpful.

DEFENCE

Matt Fuller (Dogs, $117,300) - the mature-aged defender with a super boot joined the Dogs from Norwood and is a huge Round 1 chance

Jeremy Laidler (Swans, $161,800) - a tough side to crack, but averaged 68 at Carlton which is enough for a healthy price gain

Luke McDonald (Roos, $182,300, mid) - lock him in. Starred in VFL finals and already a favourite at Arden St

Kade Kolodjashnij (Suns, $197,300) - expensive, but the Suns isolated KK as their man well out from the draft. Should get a good run

MIDFIELD

Dayle Garlett (Hawks, $117,300, fwd) - slick outside ball carrier with magic goal sense. Behave and he'll be a point-plundering gem

Anthony Morabito (Freo, $123,900) - obvious question marks over those knees but is enjoying a fine summer

Luke Dunstan (Saints, $132,300) - hard-bodied inside mid who the Saints are rapt with

Dom Sheed (Eagles, $167,300) - Simon Black-type who excels at stoppages, kicks goals and is ready to go

Jack Martin (Suns, $222,300) - Most expensive rookie in SuperCoach history is worth it

RUCKS

Rory Lobb (GWS, $117,300) - 205cm ex-basketballer who dominated in the WAFL. Will start behind Mumford and Giles in pecking order

Toby Nankervis (Swans, $117,300) - U18 numbers mirrored Brodie Grundy. Could get a go on the back of Sydney's thin ruck stocks

Michael Apeness (Freo, $137,300, fwd) - could get an early look with Sandi likely to be nursed and Clarke bunging his knee at Falls. Clunks big grabs and kicks goals. Will he shout the Freo tall division tickets to Splendour?

FORWARDS

Lewis Taylor (Lions, $117,300, mid) - close to the steal of the draft. Pocket rocket ready to go and averaged 126 in the TAC Cup

Jay Kennedy-Harris (Dees, $117,300) - Jake Neade-type sizzling at Dees training and should get opportunities at the feet of Clark, Hogan, Dawes

Jack Redpath (Dogs, $123,900) - OK, won't score heavily but a left-field choice. Look for the rookie to get opportunities in the Dogs backline

Gary Rohan (Swans, $176,200) - finally fully fit, Rohan is hard to overlook at this price, if he can avoid the dreaded vest

Jesse Hogan (Dees, $217,300) - averaged 94 playing against men in the VFL last year. A beast who works up the ground and will play from Round 1. Worth the money

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/superfooty-gives-an-insight-into-what-the-2014-afl-season-could-hold/story-fni5f22o-1226796574522

quinny88

The way I see that list..

Fuller: strongly considering

Laidler: won't get regular games

McDonald: Lock

KK: strongly considering

Garrett: Sub material

Morabito: mid season downgrade option

Dunstan: Locked

Sheed: Considering

Martin: Rip off but strongly considering

Lobb: won't be named rd 1

Nankervis: strongly considering

Apeness: unlikely

Taylor: strongly considering

JKH: never heard of him

Redpath: pass

Rohan: not a good scorer

Hogan: rip off but still a consideration

That's not a great list :/ hurry up nab challenge, I need to see these kids in action!

Ringo

Just a note on Taylor - Unsure of what injury he is carrying but has been training with the rehab group.  Had not done any of the drills prior to Christmas.  Have not heard update this week as yet. (Did not get to todays training session to see)

Ricochet

Quote from: JROO8 on January 07, 2014, 03:02:22 PM
Found this on the Herald Sun website, some may find it helpful.

DEFENCE

Matt Fuller (Dogs, $117,300) - the mature-aged defender with a super boot joined the Dogs from Norwood and is a huge Round 1 chance

Jeremy Laidler (Swans, $161,800) - a tough side to crack, but averaged 68 at Carlton which is enough for a healthy price gain

Luke McDonald (Roos, $182,300, mid) - lock him in. Starred in VFL finals and already a favourite at Arden St

Kade Kolodjashnij (Suns, $197,300) - expensive, but the Suns isolated KK as their man well out from the draft. Should get a good run
These are the four I'm most interested in. The defence rookie pool is pretty thin

ben_020285

I can confirm that JKH has been very impressive at training for the Dees. He is in the frame for a round 1 debut.

Another who has also been impressive is the other player that the Dees received in the packaged deal that landed them Jesse Hogan, the player I'm talking about is Dom Barry and he has put on a bit of size since last season and has silky skills. Could also be a smokey for a round 1 debut. Barry is priced at $123,900 and is a midfielder.

Keeper27

DEFENCE

Looking at all 4, tryna fit Laidler in there.
Got Clurey instead for now.

MIDFIELD

Dayle Garlett (Hawks, $117,300, fwd) - slick outside ball carrier with magic goal sense. Behave and he'll be a point-plundering gem

Anthony Morabito (Freo, $123,900) - obvious question marks over those knees but is enjoying a fine summer

Luke Dunstan (Saints, $132,300) - hard-bodied inside mid who the Saints are rapt with

Dom Sheed (Eagles, $167,300) - Simon Black-type who excels at stoppages, kicks goals and is ready to go

Jack Martin (Suns, $222,300) - Most expensive rookie in SuperCoach history is worth it

got Tyson instead of Sheed. will need to NAB form before choices are cemented.
Not taking a chance on Morabito. might wait and see.

RUCKS

Rory Lobb (GWS, $117,300) - 205cm ex-basketballer who dominated in the WAFL. Will start behind Mumford and Giles in pecking order

Toby Nankervis (Swans, $117,300) - U18 numbers mirrored Brodie Grundy. Could get a go on the back of Sydney's thin ruck stocks

Michael Apeness (Freo, $137,300, fwd) - could get an early look with Sandi likely to be nursed and Clarke bunging his knee at Falls. Clunks big grabs and kicks goals. Will he shout the Freo tall division tickets to Splendour?

dunno who to get yet.

FORWARDS

Lewis Taylor (Lions, $117,300, mid) - close to the steal of the draft. Pocket rocket ready to go and averaged 126 in the TAC Cup

Jay Kennedy-Harris (Dees, $117,300) - Jake Neade-type sizzling at Dees training and should get opportunities at the feet of Clark, Hogan, Dawes

Jack Redpath (Dogs, $123,900) - OK, won't score heavily but a left-field choice. Look for the rookie to get opportunities in the Dogs backline

Gary Rohan (Swans, $176,200) - finally fully fit, Rohan is hard to overlook at this price, if he can avoid the dreaded vest

Jesse Hogan (Dees, $217,300) - averaged 94 playing against men in the VFL last year. A beast who works up the ground and will play from Round 1. Worth the money

only person on that list i got is LT. Till Ringo said he's injured now have JKH
Also have Honeychurch and Shaw, been reading that Shaw is killing it, we'll just wait and see.
had Kersten in there to but dunno how many games he'll get.

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 08, 2014, 09:41:23 AM
I can confirm that JKH has been very impressive at training for the Dees. He is in the frame for a round 1 debut.

Another who has also been impressive is the other player that the Dees received in the packaged deal that landed them Jesse Hogan, the player I'm talking about is Dom Barry and he has put on a bit of size since last season and has silky skills. Could also be a smokey for a round 1 debut. Barry is priced at $123,900 and is a midfielder.

cheers for that.

Sabretooth Tigers

:)
Ben Lennon is turning plenty of heads at Tigerland and is said to be a big chance for rd.1. My only concern there is the vest.    ???

Mr.Craig

Redpath. ;D

Aside from that, a pretty good list.

redfield

They've included most of the obvious ones but I think they've missed quite a few players who the more discerning SuperCoaches will be keeping a close eye on.

auscoyote

Quote from: redfield on January 09, 2014, 11:06:08 AM
They've included most of the obvious ones but I think they've missed quite a few players who the more discerning SuperCoaches will be keeping a close eye on.
Mark those words worth

Honey Badger

Quote from: auscoyote on January 09, 2014, 04:55:14 PM
Mark those words worth

auscoyote

Quote from: Honey Badger on January 09, 2014, 05:59:39 PM
Quote from: auscoyote on January 09, 2014, 04:55:14 PM
Mark those words worth

Haha you must of gone to colledge for shaw

auscoyote

Ok  that last one doesn't deserve that much merret,

I'll show myself the door  :-[

Capper

Will Hogan by right for round 1 though?

Nige

Quote from: auscoyote on January 09, 2014, 06:24:31 PM
Ok  that last one doesn't deserve that much merret,

I'll show myself the daw. :-[
FTFY.