Main Menu

Noz and Quinnys bet

Started by TeeJay, January 03, 2014, 04:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeeJay

So Noz never paid up on his bet that he said multiple times he would do and then gave a final deadline of Christmas to have the picture uploaded  ::) love to hear the latest excuse

quinny88

Lol I haven't been on for a while and this is the first thing I see

I wouldn't have known if he had or hadn't done it to be honest but I'm not surprised that he never did it.

Would like to say what I really think of people that weasel out of paying up on bets but I won't In case I get banned  :-X

Torpedo10

The point is, don't make bets that you can't keep.

TeeJay

Quote from: Torpedo10 on January 03, 2014, 04:38:25 PM
The point is, don't make bets that you can't keep.

Precisely.
And then if you do, don't make up excuses week after week as to why you didn't do it. Would have been better off just saying from the start "I'm not doing it"

LF

Its really none of your business and you should just keep your nose out of it as this topic you have posted is just to cause a stir.Are you really that bored that bored?

TeeJay

Quote from: luvfooty on January 03, 2014, 04:42:29 PM
Its really none of your business and you should just keep your nose out of it as this topic you have posted is just to cause a stir.Are you really that bored that bored?

Read the last comment on this thread
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,74155.480.html

I'm clearly told by a mod that I could bring it up again if it wasn't done by Christmas..

Nige

To be perfectly honest...

The whole problem started when two strangers made a bet on a fantasy football forum fully knowing that there was a very genuine chance that the loser would never actually go through with the agreed 'punishment'.

If Quinny and Noz were best mates who knew each other very well, then I can understand this dragging on and others wanting justice because they've taken a side and want to see the loser 'man up', but that fact is, they're not and everyone, including those involved, need to accept the fact that Noz doesn't have to ever upload the photo.

Move on with your lives gentlemen.  :)

LF

Quote from: TeeJay on January 03, 2014, 04:45:19 PM
Quote from: luvfooty on January 03, 2014, 04:42:29 PM

Read the last comment on this thread
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,74155.480.html

I'm clearly told by a mod that I could bring it up again if it wasn't done by Christmas..

So what doesn`t mean you have to your just up for the stir and I think its wrong but you do it all the time anyway and its between Quinny and Noz to work it out in their own way without other people`s input.

Ringo

This thread should be deleted as it is up to Quinny and Noz to sort out.  You are just bringing up an issue that does not real concern you.  A PM to both parties was all that is required to check on situation rather than carry out a personal vendetta in this thread on nothing that concerns you.

quinny88

Quote from: NigeyS on January 03, 2014, 04:48:44 PM

The whole problem started when two strangers made a bet on a fantasy football forum fully knowing that there was a very genuine chance that the loser would never actually go through with the agreed 'punishment'.

If Quinny and Noz were best mates who knew each other very well, then I can understand this dragging on and others wanting justice because they've taken a side and want to see the loser 'man up', but that fact is, they're not and everyone, including those involved, need to accept the fact that Noz doesn't have to ever upload the photo.

Whoa hang on, so you only need to pay up on bets made between mates?
You've read the thread nige, it's was a clear cut and precise bet. We were originally going to bet money. We decided on the punishment and detailed specifics on how it would be judged. It wasnt just a throw away comment kind of bet. It was organised and even followed up on all season. I expected fully that the loser would take punishment

Ringo

OK Quinny agree that bet has to be honoured but I do not think someone other than yourself has the right to ensure it is followed through.

Bill Manspeaker

a bet's a bet imo. especially as the thread went for ages and got pretty heated at times.

cmon Noz mate, pay up :P

it's all just a bit of fun anyway

quinny88

Quote from: Ringo on January 03, 2014, 04:53:55 PM
This thread should be deleted as it is up to Quinny and Noz to sort out.  You are just bringing up an issue that does not real concern you.  A PM to both parties was all that is required to check on situation rather than carry out a personal vendetta in this thread on nothing that concerns you.

I PM'd Noz on 3 different occasions prior to Christmas and every time he said he was about to do it then he made up an excuse so I didn't bother as he said it would be done by Christmas. Now he hasn't done it still so I'm not concerned about a thread being started on my behalf. Would just like to see the bet honoured

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on January 03, 2014, 04:54:56 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on January 03, 2014, 04:48:44 PM

Whoa hang on, so you only need to pay up on bets made between mates?
You've read the thread nige, it's was a clear cut and precise bet. We were originally going to bet money. We decided on the punishment and detailed specifics on how it would be judged. It wasnt just a throw away comment kind of bet. It was organised and even followed up on all season. I expected fully that the loser would take punishment
No, that's not what I meant.  :P

Basically, what I was trying to say is that you two need to have a chat (via PMs or whatever) and work out how you're going to let this play out.

All this nonsense about others wanting to see Noz pay up is pointless and it's not going to bring about the resolution any sooner.

LF

Are you kidding teejay never started this thread on your behalf he started it just to cause shower like the last ones.