Main Menu

Throwback Thursday

Started by KoopKicka, January 02, 2014, 09:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: Grazz on January 02, 2014, 10:34:18 PM
Quote from: truBLUE on January 02, 2014, 10:32:29 PM
Land down under by Men At Work  reminds me of Sept  1983 ,Australia II won the decider for the Americas cup , and they played that song at school  for a week  8)

Yep for sure, first thing I think of when I hear it. Remember watching that final race aswell, thought we were gone.
Agree with this first thing I think of when I hear the song as well. Reminiscing of when we won the Cup so many memories from that morning.
Great comeback from Australia 3 - 1 down
Thought we were gone when we headed way out after the turn (turned out to be a great tactical move as we picked up the wind and then were able to get in front and then tack up the final league reducing Americas wind.)
The unveiling of the winged keel for all to see
The size of Allan Bonds Spanner to unbolt the Cup
Bob Hawks Jacket.

Ringo

Two songs that stuck with me during my sporting years (still around today as well)  and love this video clip with both live by Queen
We will Rock You
We are the Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBUJztI884M

T Dog

this time of year always brings back memories of the "12th man". Billy Birmingham really honed in on the seriousness of cricket commentary....

Richie: "That really was a corkor yorkor. Corkor Yorkor, bit of poetry for you there. Its just some of the bullsh*t that we do go on with in these world series cricket fixtures." :D

Richie: "That sent the Indians to 4-26, which sent the crowd into a frenzy, the place was a real buzz. And we were all barring up in the commentry box i can assure you. And Ian actually shot his load there at one stage, as Australia started to take a firm grip on this game indeed, a firm grip on this game indeed, a firm grip on this game indeed. Ah yes, can someone turn the record over please for f*ck's sake! *Producer*"Its a compact disk you ****er! Tell him to get on with it!"

Richie: "The classic pieces of commentry is another competition. Its just another one of the 50 000 competitions we are running this summer on the Wired World of Sport. The viewers are asked to select their favourite piece of commentry made by the team this summer, and my word, there is some crap in there amongst it!"

Tony Greig: "Thank you Richie, what a magnificant one-day strip has been prepared here today, its a real credit to Dicky Road, Bob's your uncle, and his staff of groundsman! But take along at some of these cracks here, some of these are as big as the f*cken grand canyon, and they could play real damage today with some of the batsmen. Turning now to the Weather wall, you can see that the wind is moving through the north-east at about 15 knots and out of my arse at about 20! All in all, it looks like it will be a pretty good gamer here today. Now its back to Richie in the central missionary postion!
Richie: Oh for f*ck's sake Tony, its the central commentry position you pidgeon toed Pee brain!  8)

Ringo

Quote from: T Dog on January 03, 2014, 11:03:06 AM
this time of year always brings back memories of the "12th man". Billy Birmingham really honed in on the seriousness of cricket commentary....

Richie: "That really was a corkor yorkor. Corkor Yorkor, bit of poetry for you there. Its just some of the bullsh*t that we do go on with in these world series cricket fixtures." :D

Richie: "That sent the Indians to 4-26, which sent the crowd into a frenzy, the place was a real buzz. And we were all barring up in the commentry box i can assure you. And Ian actually shot his load there at one stage, as Australia started to take a firm grip on this game indeed, a firm grip on this game indeed, a firm grip on this game indeed. Ah yes, can someone turn the record over please for f*ck's sake! *Producer*"Its a compact disk you ****er! Tell him to get on with it!"

Richie: "The classic pieces of commentry is another competition. Its just another one of the 50 000 competitions we are running this summer on the Wired World of Sport. The viewers are asked to select their favourite piece of commentry made by the team this summer, and my word, there is some crap in there amongst it!"

Tony Greig: "Thank you Richie, what a magnificant one-day strip has been prepared here today, its a real credit to Dicky Road, Bob's your uncle, and his staff of groundsman! But take along at some of these cracks here, some of these are as big as the f*cken grand canyon, and they could play real damage today with some of the batsmen. Turning now to the Weather wall, you can see that the wind is moving through the north-east at about 15 knots and out of my arse at about 20! All in all, it looks like it will be a pretty good gamer here today. Now its back to Richie in the central missionary postion!
Richie: Oh for f*ck's sake Tony, its the central commentry position you pidgeon toed Pee brain!  8)
Have you got the latest yet Tdog - Was hoping someone would put it under the Christmas tree so will have to go buy it now, Billy is great as 12 man and has the accents just about right too.

T Dog

Quote from: Ringo on January 03, 2014, 11:39:50 AM
Quote from: T Dog on January 03, 2014, 11:03:06 AM

Have you got the latest yet Tdog - Was hoping someone would put it under the Christmas tree so will have to go buy it now, Billy is great as 12 man and has the accents just about right too.

heard it at a mates Ringo....its fine.....not BB's best work...but still good... ;D