The Real Dream Team

Started by Thomas4025, January 02, 2014, 04:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

Liking this change

In 2014, while trading, you can move any dual position player within your squad when a spot opens up, as many times as you like

Master Q

Never saw this thread, would of posted earlier.

Anyway, I'll be playing both. Don't think some friends who are less serious about fantasy than I am will make the switch. I'll be doing both though, obviously. Not many rule changes (same scoring system?) but the main one is 30 trades which changes the game completely, also it is run directly by VS as opposed to 'Fantasy' and SC, which has its advantages. Lots of pot shots at the AFL on the site which was funny to read. Looking forward to it and will make a team when I have the time.

Time for a new board then I guess? Also, 'AFL Fantasy' officially needs to be called Fantasy now. This is Dreamteam. Will take some getting used to  :P

Toga

Was gonna say Q, should we start a poll saying who's playing what and see if there's enough interest in VS DT we get another board for it?

popedelio

This has got me sort of excited, DT is back woot.

Master Q

Quote from: Toga on January 02, 2014, 10:26:52 PM
Was gonna say Q, should we start a poll saying who's playing what and see if there's enough interest in VS DT we get another board for it?
Don't think lots and lots will play (VS games haven't had massive exposure in the past) but majority of the serious 'Fantasy' community will. I doubt many people will just stop Fantasy, at least I won't.

Definitely deserves another board, but like I said in the Feedback board, not sure if it needs sub boards.

Grazz

Quote from: Toga on January 02, 2014, 10:26:52 PM

Good idea mate. ;)

Toga

Probably doesn't need sub boards as you say but think a board would be handy.

Unless we had like a DreamTeam/AFL Fantasy board with sub-boards "P&T in DT / P&T in AF / Draft Games / AF Matchday" or something cos the scoring systems are the same but idk.

Master Q

Quote from: Toga on January 02, 2014, 10:43:23 PM
Probably doesn't need sub boards as you say but think a board would be handy.

Unless we had like a DreamTeam/AFL Fantasy board with sub-boards "P&T in DT / P&T in AF / Draft Games / AF Matchday" or something cos the scoring systems are the same but idk.
But they are totally different games if you think about it.

No such thing as a sideways trade in DT, to a good coach at least  :P

Honey Badger

Quote from: m0nty on December 11, 2013, 05:30:32 PM
As per the new branding for the old DT competition, I have changed the titles of the relevant boards to AFL Fantasy. If and when the DT competition gets relaunched separately, there will be new boards set up for it.

Mentioned a while ago he was going to set up new boards ;)

Grazz

Quote from: Honey Badger on January 02, 2014, 10:49:42 PM
Quote from: m0nty on December 11, 2013, 05:30:32 PM
As per the new branding for the old DT competition, I have changed the titles of the relevant boards to AFL Fantasy. If and when the DT competition gets relaunched separately, there will be new boards set up for it.

Mentioned a while ago he was going to set up new boards ;)

Cool, onya mate hadn't seen that.

Money

Don't think it will get around really and trying to convince everyone you know to switch would be annoying so it's probably a no from me, and also because I get distracted enough with 1 competition let alone 2

SydneyRox

Quote from: Toga on January 02, 2014, 05:42:30 PM
Quote from: Money on January 02, 2014, 05:22:51 PM
this is handy for now but i'l probably stick with AFL Fantasy

I'm torn, I'd like to support the AFL-run competition but this looks so much better with out all the stupid ass rules. :-X

the question is, will virtual sports continue to run sportal as well as this new site?

Football Factory

Awesome, think this will be my game of choice  8)

bchris

im in and 3 of my mates are in to but i will be doing afl fantasy to but main focus will be this

jk17

Music to my ears. Yay for the real game, yay for dream team!