2014 Australian Tennis Summer

Started by PowerBug, December 28, 2013, 04:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Windy is correct The have only played each other 4 times believe it or not with Williams winning all four.

From Todays preview:
"Ivanovic has not won a set against Williams in four meetings, but the Serb is on a roll after winning a tune-up tournament in New Zealand"

Noz

Well still she is a former world number 1. She isn't the worst player left int he tournament even if she was ranked 50+ a few years ago.

Ringo

Yes she was No 1 Noz which is why I found they have played each only other 4 times previously a bit hard to believe until I checked.

Nige

PowerBug

Get the private TV room and tissues ready boys, Bouchard vs Ivanovic on Tuesday!
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Vinny

Quote from: PowerBug on January 19, 2014, 08:54:52 PM
Get the private TV room and tissues ready boys, Bouchard vs Ivanovic on Tuesday!

DazBurg

got a gut feeling that Berdych will push for the crown this year
(knows how silly that sounds just have this uncanny feeling is all)

Ringo

Especially with the North Melbourne Tshirt

Holz

Quote from: Ringo on January 19, 2014, 04:25:08 PM
Quote from: Holzman on January 19, 2014, 03:30:08 PM
I have waited almost 6 years for this.

Only could listen on the radio but I don't care.
Wondered when you would surface - How is Japan

Really enjoying it, bit busy for me though.

Listening to the match made me miss out on all the stuff I had planned fir the day, but I would do it again.

Would gave given anything to be at the match, but hey Ana one it's been a great day.

I might have to find a tv for the bouchard game.

Ana often plays a brilliant match than stumbles the next game, let's hope that doesn't happen.

Ajde

PowerBug

Wawy to knock off Djoko this time imo. :) A Wawy vs Berdych semi would have some fire power in it!
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

tbagrocks

Wasn't too happy with the way the commentators went about it with Ana, disrespectful to someone who has done most things in the sport

Holz

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 19, 2014, 11:23:41 PM
Wasn't too happy with the way the commentators went about it with Ana, disrespectful to someone who has done most things in the sport

What happend? Anyone with any tennis knowledge should know that when she is on she is a clear top 5 player.

Mailman the 2nd

Sharapova and the Bryan brothers both out

Jay

T Dog

Li Nah...going along nicely.....watch out for her... 8)