2014 Australian Tennis Summer

Started by PowerBug, December 28, 2013, 04:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

14 all now in Simon v Brands and they still show this crap match where we all know what the result will be.

Nige

Quote from: BB67th on January 14, 2014, 10:09:16 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on January 14, 2014, 10:06:47 PM
Interesting that the two big heroes - Lleyton and Bernie - didn't do well... but the guys like Ebden, Kokkinakis and Kyrgios went through.  :o
That happens all the time. It's called the luck of the draw.
I know haha, but imagine the odds on it.

Nige

PowerBug

Thanasi and Nicko. Good greek boys. 8) :D
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

tbagrocks

Quote from: NigeyS on January 14, 2014, 10:28:46 PM

Make of it what you will.
The difference between a country footballer and a spoon fed Gold Coaster *cough Kurt cough*

He does know a good bloke though!
Tex Walker ‏@texwalker13  1h 
Yes kookkkkaaaa!! Great start big fella.. @TKokkinakis keep it up fella!!

BB67th

To be fair to Tomic, he was injured tonight. Did people really expect him to finish the match when he couldn't even run properly?  Or would everyone have preferred him to lose the last 2 sets 6-0 when he is hampered by injury?

Toga

+ injure his body.

If he was injured, I've got no problems with that. I dislike the fact that players pull out willy nilly now though as it makes the difference between pulling out for a legitimate reason as opposed to giving up too convoluted. Not saying Bernie did, it's just hard to tell.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Toga on January 14, 2014, 11:23:27 PM
+ injure his body.

If he was injured, I've got no problems with that. I dislike the fact that players pull out willy nilly now though as it makes the difference between pulling out for a legitimate reason as opposed to giving up too convoluted. Not saying Bernie did, it's just hard to tell.

Yeah the real annoyances are when players (who are usually top 30 seeded) throw hissy fits on the court and just retire.

Tomic has lost in straight sets to Nadal before, I would doubt he didnt want to continue

Dudge

Why would Tomic quit on purpose. He was playing the no.1 seed, so no embarrassment if he lost to him. I thought it was a legit injury. Plus I'm not his biggest fan, but I reckon with a good tough coach, he could still make a great career out of tennis. 4 things he needs. Train twice as hard, get his head right, good hard coach, and lose his dad in a tennis perspective, I don't mean family wise

Ringo

Could not agree more except I would put get head right as his no 1 priority.  He is a bit of a Party animal as well so training harder and longer would be great as well.

Also not his biggest fan but injury was did appear legit and at his age you have to look after body to ensure you make the most of your time in the sport.

Ringo

Thomas Berdych's shirt should give Kangaroo supporters some joy.

BratPack

I'm sorry but I've seen this from him too many times to believe anything he says. If Tomic really was as injured as he says he was I'm flowering Tony Abbott.

Nige

Quote from: BratPack on January 15, 2014, 06:04:21 PM
I'm sorry but I've seen this from him too many times to believe anything he says. If Tomic really was as injured as he says he was I'm flowering Tony Abbott.
Yep, agreed.

Nige

On the Dellacqua bandwagon, go Case!

My Chumps

Quote from: BratPack on January 15, 2014, 06:04:21 PM
I hope not BP, I thought you were an alright bloke :P