2014 Australian Tennis Summer

Started by PowerBug, December 28, 2013, 04:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Tomic has had chances against Nadal in early rounds of Tournaments before.  Let us just see what he is really made of and whether he can capitalise this time. Feel for Rafa as well as it is not an easy first up match for him and he could lose the No 1 ranking with a first round exit.

Ringo

Ash Barty v Serena Williams in first Round not good for the youngster but has nothing to lose.

Hewitt v Andreas Seppi . On form Hewitt should win given Matosevic defeated him in Sydney.

Stosur v Zakoplava

Duckworth v Federer another tough draw for an Aussie

Jay

Lleyton with the early break vs. Murray 8)

My Chumps

What the hell has gotten into Hewitt  :o

He'll probably get beaten first round now :P

PowerBug

He did the same last year Chumps, so not too surprising. However this year he has Seppi, not Tipsarevic. ;) Matosevic beat Seppi, so Hewitt has a very good chance. :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

DazBurg

Capper

Stosur v Zakoplava, whom she just lost to

PowerBug

everyone hear that Pat Rafter is coming out of retirement and is playing Mens Doubles with Hewitt in the Open. ;D

Torpedo10

Guys, check out the Aus Open Challenge.  ;)

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on January 12, 2014, 05:47:47 PM
everyone hear that Pat Rafter is coming out of retirement and is playing Mens Doubles with Hewitt in the Open. ;D
Should be great.  8)

My Chumps

Well Del Potro gave Tomic a spanking.

Would love if he could win the Open! :-*

R.Griffen

going to be a long 2 weeks if you don't want to watch the main courts. Fox sports have Kelli Underwood

PowerBug

And the first person eliminated is Laura Robson. Thrashed 6-3 6-0 by Flipkens. ;D

Jay

Quote from: PowerBug on January 13, 2014, 12:17:54 PM
And the first person eliminated is Laura Robson. Thrashed 6-3 6-0 by Flipkens. ;D
Damn :'(

Torpedo10

:P I picked Flipkens, so that's 1 point to me. I'm guessing you did too PB.  :(