2014 Australian Tennis Summer

Started by PowerBug, December 28, 2013, 04:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Hewitt always seems to land a seeded player.

Nige

Quote from: Windigo on January 14, 2014, 09:09:44 PM
The Australians, more often than not, seem to get matched against the better players.

Just ridiculously bad luck.

DazBurg

Quote from: Windigo on January 14, 2014, 09:09:44 PM
now he can concentrate on the doubles with rafter  8)

and 1 could argue Tomic drew the short straw this year

My Chumps

Is Tomic actually injured or is he just making excuses. Terrible thing to consider, but when you've got his track record it has to be considered.

Windigo

Nearly as bad as Murray with all his pseudo injuries.

Noz

DazBurg

in tomic's defense i this one he did the injury like 3 points into the match he wasn't in trouble (i.e wasn't looking like getting broken)

Jukes

two biggest cows in tennis lose in the first round on the same day

what's not to like

tbagrocks

So the chance of a life time just as Ash got last night for the Kokky ;D  Make us proud like the little lass did big Kokk ;D  take it on and savour the moment!!

BratPack

Tomic: Australian for "person b****"

Toga

Thanasi 8) Great win for the young lad, he's got a future ahead of him!

And the bright side of Hewitt losing first round? Might mean we get to listen to a little less Jim Courier rubbish ::)

BB67th

Why are they showing Cilic and Granollers instead of Brands and Simon? Wish they would show some good matches....

tbagrocks

Casey tomorrow and didn't she look in great shape!

The good news is that in twelve months time, Bernie will be the third Aussie male in line, Luke Saville hasn't done anything on the Mens circuit yet either!

Nige

Interesting that the two big heroes - Lleyton and Bernie - didn't do well... but the guys like Ebden, Kokkinakis and Kyrgios went through.  :o

BB67th

Quote from: NigeyS on January 14, 2014, 10:06:47 PM
Interesting that the two big heroes - Lleyton and Bernie - didn't do well... but the guys like Ebden, Kokkinakis and Kyrgios went through.  :o
That happens all the time. It's called the luck of the draw.