Main Menu

m0nty get your shower together

Started by piesfan1989, December 17, 2013, 07:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piesfan1989

This is an open letter to m0nty,

I don't want this to be seen as an attack, rather a frank and honest opinion if where this website is at in terms of it's competition.

Your blog has been missing for years while other websites overtaken you. Admittedly you have announced 2014 as the return of the fanfooty blog but it's too little too late.

Throughout the footy season, you upload a weekly blog with good insight, however what you may not realize is that people are after very specific information at very specific times. The fanfooty forum is what keeps this website alive (minus the live scoring aspect (something that you have nailed due to afl.com.au having had a notoriously laggy website for the past decade). Nobody has time to listen to podcasts anymore, it's much more benefical to post articles and summaries as it's far quicker than listening/skipping through a podcast without tags to find the information that you want.

You have no presence on the forum which is the beating heart  if this website.

This may hurt, but nobody gives a "shower" about Mr. Football. Give up on it, it's a list cause.

The fact that scpaige posted the 2014 prices and positions while you still had players listed as $-14,000 in the fanplanner is pathetic. You're known for the fanplanner, live scores and the forum.
This is my frank assessment of fanfooty in as it stands.
-the forum has been diluted in terms of quality personnel and content (admittedly this is difficult to control and influence as numbers grow, however you have no presence on the forum which has turned it into a breeding ground for idiots, not to mention the cheer/boo feature)
-up your offseason/preseason content, you can't keep relying on the forum for this info, people need to be spoon fed
-forget Mr.football and focus on what your customers actually want. Sc and dt are way better than any other fantasy game will ever be due to the size and prizes on offer.
-it'd been 5 days since goldprices were released...if you haven't realized the reach that your website has then hopefully this is a reminder that you should treat it as a priority. You have such a great opportunity with this established website and a rapid growth of fantasy sports but you're wasting what you have. You've been in quicksand for the past half century.

I realize this may have come off as arrogant and rude however my intentions are only aimed at benefitting this website. I canceled my fanfooty account years ago to join yscc because j was sick of the lack if attention and involvement from fanfooty. The forum has kept this site alive recently which is blatantly obvious.

piesfan1989

*half decade
Posted on phone so excuse spelling/grammatical errors

nrich102

There's a board called feedback and it's there for a reason ::)

PowerBug

If you don't like it then leave. Really, m0nty lives a life just like the rest of us, and he's been getting around to things on here recently. :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Nails

misspies?

You should have just kept your account deleted whoever you are, seem like a total wank.

Footyrulz

I think youre overacting a bit mate!

Im sure hes got a life like the rest of us, and can't be on the site 24/7.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the site.

The forum is really the main point anyway.

Though it would be nice to have the updated fan planner prices...  ::)

Ringo

You have raised a few issues that we are all aware of,  Like all of us m0nty does his best with the time he has available.  While we would all like these features fixed it is a matter of time. 
If you had taken the time to read all the feedback sections you would have seen some of the things m0nty has committed to this year and also some of the issues. Think from memory m0nty decided to get married as well.
As one who knows it is not simply a matter of cutting and posting data from another source and sorting it out automatically.  Quite often you have to rebuild your macros. lookups etc and this takes time.
As I said we are all aware of the limitations of FF but we work with what we have to make the forum what it is. The forum is basically what it is a place to discuss issues and we should not lose sight of this as the main feature with the extra benefits added in.

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Cheer/Boo system has been removed recently after complaints.

Forum is certainly carrying most of the site now in where to find information, although has grown rapidly recent years. Slowly getting improvements here to help out!

Mr.Craig

Quote from: piesfan1989 on December 17, 2013, 07:19:07 AM
I don't want this to be seen as an attack

Thread title is "m0nty get your shower together". Not inflammatory at all...

Throughout the footy season, you upload a weekly blog with good insight, however what you may not realize is that people are after very specific information at very specific times. The fanfooty forum is what keeps this website alive.

I think you meant to say m0nty uploads a weekly podcast rather than a blog. I don't exactly know what this "very specific information" is you think we all need to be fed by m0nty. The forum keeps FanFooty alive because Fanfooty is a flowering forum first and foremost! Most of what you need to know will be found on the forum and for everything else go to freaking Footywire or DT Talk or SC Paige. m0nty can't be all things to all people and with all respect to the great man, there are plenty of knowledgeable members here who outperform him year in year out and provide excellent insights.

-the forum has been diluted in terms of quality personnel and content (admittedly this is difficult to control and influence as numbers grow, however you have no presence on the forum which has turned it into a breeding ground for idiots, not to mention the cheer/boo feature)
-up your offseason/preseason content, you can't keep relying on the forum for this info, people need to be spoon fed

Utter bullshower. The forum has never had as many people dedicated to providing content and good advice as it does now. A breeding ground for idiots? You seem to want m0nty to go into Nazi Mod mode and troll every thread for people who have vaguely controversial views. Or is it that you just want him to run a traditional website with articles and a comment section which subjugates the users to essentially being spectators?

Nobody has time to listen to podcasts anymore

Baseless opinion.

Sc and dt are way better than any other fantasy game will ever be due to the size and prizes on offer.

Bigger doesn't always translate to better.

You have no presence on the forum which is the beating heart if this website.

I don't see the correlation between a forum owner posting in threads and the success of the forum. Why in the world would that be important? To keep us little devils in check? To school us with his incredible insights? Turn it up. m0nty undoubtedly has better things to do both at FF and outside of it; the rest of us are quite capable of running an effective community ourselves.

people need to be spoon fed

::)

I canceled my fanfooty account years ago to join yscc because j was sick of the lack if attention and involvement from fanfooty.

And now you're back to have a whinge. Good for you. It's not clear from this if you left FF becuase m0nty wasn't giving the site more attention or if he wasn't giving you more attention. I'll go with the latter.

I realise this may have come off as arrogant and rude however my intentions are only aimed at benefiting this website.

Nails

Vinny

Who are you to say all this PiesFan? Go away.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: vinny on December 17, 2013, 08:20:15 PM
Who the fuccck are you to say all this PiesFan? Go away.

Calm down Vinny

upthemaidens

If you are not a member of this site anymore, why do care what happens to it? or how its run?
  If it is misspies/vampies/or whatever other name she uses, piss off and stop ruining peoples leagues, by leaving 5 weeks into the season.