Main Menu

m0nty get your shower together

Started by piesfan1989, December 17, 2013, 07:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Nice to know you guys have just released someones age, name, residence on a public forum without constent. Good on you guys, what if it isn't MissPies...

I think this thread should get deleted asap. Ik we gotta wait for m0nty though.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Justin Bieber

nas

Quote from: PowerBug on December 18, 2013, 07:23:33 PM
Nice to know you guys have just released someones age, name, residence on a public forum without constent. Good on you guys, what if it isn't MissPies...

Well I have asked her via F/Book

nas

How did your name change from naste to nas?

Did it the same way that Marcz did to his

JBs-Hawks

Deleting a thread cos it objectifies women and then this? What is wrong with us why are we turning so precious.

PowerBug

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 18, 2013, 08:21:54 PM

Deleting a thread cos it objectifies women and then this? What is wrong with us why are we turning so precious.
I'm sorry that I'm not heartless like yourself mate. It's got nothing to do with it being a woman, I wouldn't like it if my details were suddenly spread across a public forum because I had left FF on a whinge.

Quote from: nas on December 18, 2013, 08:19:56 PM
Not against those that have done so, they found out from her, what she tells directly to others is her decision. However it doesn't give an excuse to go post it in a public forum. That is the problem I have, especially if the connections made are found out to be false.

Nails

That's all stuff 100% available on fanfooty if you read MissPies' threads. It's all public available info.

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on December 18, 2013, 08:29:18 PM

That's all stuff 100% available on fanfooty if you read MissPies' threads. It's all public available info.
Link me then. Not going to change my view that it's morally incorrect, but yeah.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: PowerBug on December 18, 2013, 08:26:52 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 18, 2013, 08:21:54 PM

I'm sorry that I'm not heartless like yourself mate. It's got nothing to do with it being a woman, I wouldn't like it if my details were suddenly spread across a public forum because I had left FF on a whinge.

Quote from: nas on December 18, 2013, 08:19:56 PM
Not against those that have done so, they found out from her, what she tells directly to others is her decision. However it doesn't give an excuse to go post it in a public forum. That is the problem I have, especially if the connections made are found out to be false.

A first name and a year of birth holy shower call the cyber police. Guess you better delete any thread mentioning Torp and FS ages too. Actually lets just delete any thread where someone refers to somebody else in any shape or form without their specific consent.

DazBurg

Quote from: nas on December 18, 2013, 08:21:28 PM
How did your name change from naste to nas?

Did it the same way that Marcz did to his
how come?
if you don't mind me asking mate

Nails

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,11126.0.html

And in a few threads she mentions how she's co-whatever of the auskick at nambucca heads and wherever else but couldn't find it in the short look i put in

nas

The "T" passed away & the "E" has got married.

So just "N" & "S" here.

Left it to m0nty with either has or nase

DazBurg

Quote from: nas on December 18, 2013, 08:42:40 PM
The "T" passed away & the "E" has got married.

So just "N" & "S" here.

Left it to m0nty with either has or nase

sorry to hear of the passing mate
but the marriage is good to hear  :)

m0nty

Alright, only saw this thread tonight, did the SC prices first before settling down to reply.

First off, it does look like it's MP from the style etc, but please don't gossip about her like this is a school yard. I'll take that stuff down if she asks, it's completely unnecessary.

Overall, I always welcome posts like this, because whoever wrote it is passionate about the community and about this site. I don't take it personally, and indeed agree on a lot of points.

Specifically, I took a decision a couple of years ago that blog content was a waste of my time, since it was taking up more than half of my week but only earning 2% of my revenue. I have changed my mind on that one because I am going to push the blog into a new direction: a more granular approach with lots of shorter posts, using SB Nation as inspiration. This goes against my training as a feature journo, but I think there's a demand for that sort of thing and it could become popular if I put the hard yards in - with the help of some of you forumites, if possible.

I have no presence on the forum for a very good reason. I have been a regular poster on other sites for more than a decade, and continue to be active in a variety of roles, and I have found that the best forums tend to be those with the lightest touch possible from the blog administrator. If I had been imposing my will on the forum all the way through, it most likely wouldn't have grown into the thriving community it has become. Forums are not about journalism or content publishing, they're about community. You guys are the beating heart of the forums, not me, and that's the way it should be.

As to whether you or I are the "beating heart of the Web site", I guess it depends on how you view the site. Some view it as a forum with the other stuff as extras. Many (arguably most) view it as a liveblog during games on weekends, and never visit the forums. Others might click through from Google to a player profile or a statistical history table and not venture further. One should not be too hasty to view their own experience of the site as the only one that matters.

Forums wax and wane over the years, this is a natural thing as people grow up and out. I look at the BigFooty fantasy forums now and see it as pretty much a ghost town. That's not to chip at Adrian, who runs a fine site, but these things happen - the rise and fall of No Passengers put an end to it, from what I can tell. You guys are mostly free here to build your own community, and if you want to take advantage of that opportunity, then great. If not, then good luck elsewhere. I am happy that those of you who stick around can enjoy yourselves here.

As for Mr Football, I still maintain hope, but I realise that I am not able to do it by myself. I need an artist to make it look great, and probably a mobile programmer to turn it into an app (not my specialty). I'm thinking of putting it up as a Kickstarter for funding.

Vinny

Well said mate.

Thanks for updating the FanPlanner too :)