dtfreak's team - Leather Poisoning

Started by dtfreak, December 16, 2013, 12:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtfreak

TEAM NAME: Leather Poisoning

DEF: S. Mitchell, L. Hodge, J. McVeigh, D. Swallow, P. Seedsman, M. Suckling <J. Laidler, M. Fuller>
MID: T. Rockliff, S. Selwood, M. Murphy, D. Beams, D. Thomas, C. Beams, J. Martin, D. Tyson <J. Polec, X. Ellis>
RUC: H. McIntosh, A. Sandilands <B. Longer, D. Currie>
FWD: D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, L. Franklin, C. Sylvia, M. Clark, A. Fasolo <G. Rohan, N. Bock>

SALARY CAP: $90,600

Please pick it apart, give me your positives and improvements of my team! Cheers

16/12/13

Mr.Craig

While I understand the reasoning behind going strong in the backs I think it's overkill to spend that much upfront. Shaz, KK, McDonald or one of the cheaper options should be more than acceptable for D6. It would be good if you could put the extra cash into to an R1 you'd consider a keeper and also beef up the mids.

The_Captain

Quote from: Mr.Craig on December 17, 2013, 12:54:17 PM
While I understand the reasoning behind going strong in the backs I think it's overkill to spend that much upfront. Shaz, KK, McDonald or one of the cheaper options should be more than acceptable for D6. It would be good if you could put the extra cash into to an R1 you'd consider a keeper and also beef up the mids.

McDonald is mid only pretty sure. Not sure on Shaz getting games early. Back rooks are gonna b tough this year to find.

Mr.Craig

The_Captain

Quote from: Mr.Craig on December 17, 2013, 01:01:14 PM
McDonald is D/M. ;)

Yeah, just saw that in that afl calander. Thats handy :)

dtfreak

TEAM NAME: Leather Poisoning

DEF: S. Mitchell, J. Bartel, P. Hanley, G. Birchall, M. Suckling, L. McDonald <M. Fuller, J. Laidler>
MID: S. Selwood, T. Rockliff, D. Beams, M. Murphy, D. Thomas, J. Martin, D. Tyson, C. Beams <J. Polec, X. Ellis>
RUC: S. Mumford, B. McEvoy <E. Wallace, D. Currie>
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, C. Sylvia, L. Franklin, S. Higgins, M. Clark <G. Rohan, N. Bock>

SALARY CAP: $34,300

IN: J. Bartel, P. Hanley, G. Birchall, L. McDonald, S. Mumford, B. McEvoy, E. Wallace, S. Higgins
OUT: L. Hodge, J. McVeigh, D. Swallow, P. Seedsman, H. McIntosh, A. Sandilands, B. Longer, A. Fasolo

20/12/13

Money

Really solid backline with good picks for premos and like luke mcdonald as D6
Not sure about the mids not a fan of Murphy and Thomas at M4+M5, would have though you need at least one proven score at M1 (Swan, Ablett, Pendles) but I still do like the Selwood pick
Solid rucks that I can't fault, maybe just the rookie but most of the time you won't need them, like the Mumford pick
Also another good structure and pick, like Sylvia and comes with risk as you know, not sure about Higgins, Would rather Fasolo, I think he has better JS than people think cause he is a match winner and i think he'll get plenty of game time, plus it'll save you 100k, standard rooks on bench