Mids who averaged between 100 and 90 in 2013

Started by oc16, December 14, 2013, 11:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oc16

Watson- Averaged 98.5. Seemed to be carrying a lot of baggage in 2013 if u know what i mean. We all know how consistent he can be, and if u take out his sub affected 16 from his average then he averaged 103.1, meaning by default he provides value for money.

Masten- Averaged 98.4. However, averaged 104.75 in the 2nd half of the year (not including the 22 where he got subbed). Has Dogs, Melbourne, Saints and Cats to start the 2014 season meaning he could easily averaging 110+ for those first 3 games and then you could trade him after the Saints game to a fallen higher priced premium like Griffen or Selwood. However, I can definitely see him being a keeper because I think he can still improve, meaning he provides great value and a great opportunity to get the jump on everyone else.

Steven- Averaged 98.2. Has a high ceiling and finished the year on fire. Only concern would be now that Dal Santo has gone, he will probs be first to be tagged, but there were a few games last year where he was able to break the tag and as a result scored big.

Fyfe- Averaged 97.9. Will always get you a score somewhere between 80 and 130. But those 80's are too consistent and too low for my liking for a premium midfielder. Will that change in 2014?

Liberatore- Averaged 97.2. Also averaged 106 in the 2nd half of the year. Has a high ceiling and is unlikely to be tagged considering Griffen and Cooney are playing, and is apparently having a big preseason.

Prestia- Averaged 96.6. Has apparently returned to the group in peak condition and will probably take his game to a new level in 2014. Won't get tagged often with Ablett playing with him and has a very high ceiling.

Priddis- Averaged 95.8. Like Masten he has a very easy opening draw (Dogs, Melbourne, Saints), and actually averaged 100.4 in 2013 if u don't include the sub affected score of 4 meaning by default he provides value for money. And with 44 trades you could always sideways trade after those first 3 rounds.

Heppell- Averaged 95. In 2014 he will be a unique considering he is a pure mid now. Can he become mainstream again? Well logic and common sense tells you he is still improving and I can see him playing providently as a mid this year meaning he could very well average 100+.

Cotchin- Averaged 94.3. Dramatic fall from grace in 2013. However, I think this was mainly due to chronic knee problems and he did seem to push through it towards the end of the year finishing well. Will be a question of whether or not he is over his knee issues to pick him to start with, but still does provide value at face value regardless.

Sorry if i missed anyone, put their name in the comments if i did

oc16

Personally if we are looking purely from a starting sense, I see Cotchin and Masten as having the most immediate bang for ur buck. 

tbagrocks

oc16

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 14, 2013, 11:11:34 PM
*cough* Paddy *cough*

for this i am looking at pure mids. paddy is already locked in my fwdline as far as im concerned

tbagrocks

Quote from: oc16 on December 14, 2013, 11:15:09 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on December 14, 2013, 11:11:34 PM
*cough* Paddy *cough*

for this i am looking at pure mids. paddy is already locked in the fwdline as far as im cocerned
Ah shoot that's right :P  will seem strange though when he's leading contested ball and centre clearances though

Going with Fyfe, just a champ and backing him in to prove it on the field, can't say I really like any others here, can see why people would but with Fyfe, plus the top guns it's hard to have any more in there! Watto though a definite chance!

One I will consider is WC's Selwood, hopefully he's done tagging and let lose ;D

Ok Scooter already a good scorer but here's a guy who just scraped the ton and will be better mark my words! (Inside info)  ;) 
Port Captain Travis Boak, set to explode on the fantasy scene ;D

oc16

yeah boak does sound like a great pick. could u elaborate on that inside info (maybe the source?). but u dont have to if u dont want to

tbagrocks

Somebody I know involved with the team, keep hearing what a great leader he is and what shape he's in, entering his prime years and should go elite now

██████████

sidebottom and JZ are just as likely to go 100+

oc16

_wato

Jack Ziebell, absolute gun. Has a high points per minute ratio and with another preseason and increase in fitness he can further his game again I believe.

Spanner221

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 15, 2013, 12:00:15 AM
Somebody I know involved with the team, keep hearing what a great leader he is and what shape he's in, entering his prime years and should go elite now

been really keen on Boak for a while now. You really think he can break the 105 mark?

nrich102

Im considering most people on that pole but Ziebell, lol.

henry

I reckon I've got room for one of these guys in my team, in that m4/5 spot. I think watson and cotchin are the best options there, but one to conisder also who is even cheaper is marc murphy.

Toga

Fyfe, Cotchin & Murphy are all in my FanPlanner at the moment! :o

Ricochet

Only considering MMurphy, Watson and possibly Cotchin.