2013 DT Price Chart 2013 DT Score Chart

DT Fanplanner Price: $426,900

DT Fanplanner Position: Fwd

Guernsey Number: 23

DT Starting Price:

Position: Fwd

Tabs Predictions

2014 DT Average: 90

Tabs says: Looking at the 2013 stats, the main thing I see is that he lost between $160-190k on his starting price in the first 8 games and then didn't make up any of that money back. So his starting price in 2014 should be well down on what it was in 2013. But I still don't think you can start him. I would personally give him a couple of weeks and look to pick him up around the first bye period, maybe just before. He will be getting used to his new team and it might take a while for him to settle. But once he is settled then BANG!!!!

News articles
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2013-10-08/swans-welcome-lance-franklin
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/gallery/2013-10-09/lance-franklin-sydney-swans-unveiling
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2013-11-20/buddy-surprises-teammates

Capper

Spanner221

Thanks for that!

I'm really worried about how he plays on the smaller ground, which will now be his home ground. Both games in Sydney he only scored in the 50's. Does anyone have any thoughts on if it is due to Sydney playing well or if it's due to the ground size?

Beginning to think I wont start him.

henry

I'm unconvinced so far. I think he does represent value, averaging 20 below what he is capable of butI'm not yet convinced he's a starter and like was mentioned would want to see how he goes on the shorter (length wise) SCG before picking him. Certainly on my watchlist though.

Nails

I think he's a must have lock and you're stupid to not start him

For what he can do he's a huuuge bargain. Get him as a cashcow if you want lol

Money

I'm locking him in! Can see him going back up to 90 and at 420k he's a bargain

Adamant

Yeah pretty much a no brainer pick for mine.

Ricochet

Absolutely locked in. He will explode next season

Toga

Thinking I'll include him in my starting team, I'm probably gonna need a cheaper "premium" to finish off my forward line and think he's the best option for that price range.

tbagrocks

Usually he's a tad expensive and contemplate avoiding, now that his silly money issues are dealt with ::)  and he is cheaper than ever

Has to be a starter, should even roam up field gathering possies imo

Rabid Hamster

Quote from: Spanner221 on December 15, 2013, 01:15:48 AM
Thanks for that!

I'm really worried about how he plays on the smaller ground, which will now be his home ground. Both games in Sydney he only scored in the 50's. Does anyone have any thoughts on if it is due to Sydney playing well or if it's due to the ground size?

Beginning to think I wont start him.

Didn't he only play one game in Sydney last season? Tippett increased his average in 2013, so maybe Buddy will as well. His low scores in Sydney could be more to do with playing against Sydney than with the ground size.

Chrisso1

He was in my starting side last year - Paid $521k for him.

Not the sure thing I had hoped, but hard to go past his value this year.

Spinking

Bit like Cloke in 2012, I feel his reduced scores were partly a result of contract negotiations. He now has the most certain future of any player in the comp, so I would think he would return to previous output.

Having said that, there is a lot of unknown in how the Swans will use him.  He had a very good thing going with Roughie and Gunston, and obviously there will be a whole new dynamic to adjust to at the Swans.

He is a proven gun, who when in form is a top 6 scoring Fwd. I'm thinking it might be worth the risk at that price.

Mr.Craig

I don't think there's much you can take away from Franklin's history in Sydney. He has a few low scores but also two 120+ (from a grand total of just seven games for his career).

SydneyRox

Cant see any reason not to lock him in.