Main Menu

Suban and Griffin extend contract

Started by Ringo, December 13, 2013, 08:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-12-13/dockers-in-for-long-haul

Nick Suban has extended his contract to the end of 2017 season and Johnathan Griffin to the end of the 2015 season. This now doubt will please freo fans especially Suban.

Vinny

Does that mean they are keen to play Griffin?

valkorum

Griffin is very under-rated by everyone else except Freo fans (prob a lot of them as well), but he is a good ruckman

Jroo

Quote from: valkorum on December 15, 2013, 08:53:35 PM
Griffin is very under-rated by everyone else except Freo fans (prob a lot of them as well), but he is a good ruckman
I reckon Griffin is good, but hard for him to break into the side with Sandi and Clarke.

valkorum

Sandi only has 1, maybe 2 more seasons in him.  Griffin will take over

Ricochet

I rate Griff but I reckon Clarke will be #1 by the time Sandi retires

valkorum

Quote from: Ricochet on December 16, 2013, 12:55:53 PM
I rate Griff but I reckon Clarke will be #1 by the time Sandi retires

But you are still going to have a combo of Griff/AfroMan so Griff must stay..... plus he is a Freo supporter as well so he wont be going anywhere

Ricochet

Depends. In 2 years time I can see Clarke at #1 and a fwd giving him a chopout/rest every now and then.

valkorum

Quote from: Ricochet on December 17, 2013, 11:26:13 AM
Depends. In 2 years time I can see Clarke at #1 and a fwd giving him a chopout/rest every now and then.

Which forward?

Ricochet

Gumby or any of our big kids coming through. It is a couple of years down the track I'm talking about.
Clarke has the ability to one of the best ruckmen in the comp and we will need him to spend 75% of the game through the middle.
Griff will be 30 in 2 years time btw

valkorum

I wouldnt want to risk Gumby in the ruck.  Let him get his body right and spend his time only in the forward line.