Week by Week ~ The Johnsonator's 2014 AFL Classic Squad

Started by essendon2, December 12, 2013, 09:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

First team of my 2014 AFL Classic Pre-season, certainly like the look of it at the moment, but will obviously change multiple times (understatement) before Round 1 ::) :P

TEAM NAME: The Johnsonator

DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, K. Simpson, J. Grimes, M. Suckling, T. Cutler (M. Fuller, C. Howard)

MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, D. Beams, L. Anthony, D. Tyson, L. McDonald (J. O'Rourke, J. Polec)

RUC: N. Naitanui, A. Sandilands (T. Nankervis, D. Currie)

FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, A. Walker, L. Franklin, M. Clark, A. Fasolo (G. Rohan, N. Bock)

CASH LEFT:
$9,700

Open for discussion!

12/12/13

Mr.Craig

Walker is defender only so you'll need to change that pick. No so sure about Cutler and we'll have to wait and see regarding Anthony. Everything else looks to be in order at this stage.

essendon2

Quote from: Mr.Craig on December 12, 2013, 10:10:10 PM
Walker is defender only so you'll need to change that pick. No so sure about Cutler and we'll have to wait and see regarding Anthony. Everything else looks to be in order at this stage.
Cuts just finished year 12 at my school, absolute gun, will get games! Even the dreamers are on board already ;)

"Kid can play! He should walk straight into the Lions line up. Do yourself a favour and google Tom Cutler highlights. Great hands and very agile. Definite watchlist and becomes a lock in the backs if named round one."

http://www.afldreamers.com/preseason-2014/brisbane-lions-2014-ppp-player-price-position/

Money

Very nice team E2,
Solid back with those couple unique options
Standard mids, love the Rocky option and Liba is also top class, if that is North Luke McDonald be warey his price may got up to 250k because he was pick 8 and I don't know why fanplanner still have his at 135k
Good rucks, have Nic Nat myself and think he can go large
Also good foward line identical to mine except I have Chappy instead of Walker

Mr.Craig

I've already seen his highlights, he's got plenty of talent but it feels like a big ask to make an AFL debut in Round 1 after a single TAC game and 2 in the Champs for 2013.

essendon2

Quote from: Money on December 12, 2013, 10:20:00 PM
Very nice team E2,
Solid back with those couple unique options
Standard mids, love the Rocky option and Liba is also top class, if that is North Luke McDonald be warey his price may got up to 250k because he was pick 8 and I don't know why fanplanner still have his at 135k
Good rucks, have Nic Nat myself and think he can go large
Also good foward line identical to mine except I have Chappy instead of Walker
thanks a lot,
yeah i'll be wearing of LMac's price!

Quote from: Mr.Craig on December 12, 2013, 10:20:44 PM
I've already seen his highlights, he's got plenty of talent but it feels like a big ask to make an AFL debut in Round 1 after a single TAC game and 2 in the Champs for 2013.
Yeah it's because AGSV footy was a priority - if he doesn't get named, I can just go Cutler --> LRT

p.s. I've replaced Walker with Parker - but very iffy on him. I dont like anyone between 420k-500k (maybe Chapman or Henderson?)

Money

essendon2

TEAM NAME: The Johnsonator

DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, K. Simpson, J. Grimes, M. Suckling, S. Shaw (L. Roberts-Thomson, C. Howard)

MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, D. Beams, D. Thomas, C. Beams, J. O'Rourke (J. Polec, A. Riley)

RUC: N. Naitanui, A. Sandilands (T. Nankervis, D. Currie)

FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Parker, L. Franklin, M. Clark, G. Rohan (N. Bock, S. Kersten)

CASH LEFT: $3,300

Team #2 - 15/12/13

Master Q

Decent team.

That backline looks a bit to unstable for me. Grimes and Suckling both coming off injuries, Simpson is another so-so player. Interesting pick in LRT  :P

Midfield looks solid. I prefer Jobe over Rocky and Libba, but Libba could be a semi-POD next year.

Not a massive fan of the rucks. Think Nic Nat is more of a SC'er and losing DPP makes him less appealing. Sandi and his injuries.

Forwards look good.

essendon2

AFL Classic Squad for Round 2 ($10m salary)

DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, L. Hansen, D. Swallow, M. Suckling, S. Shaw (M. Fuller, C. Howard)

MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Selwood, J. Watson, D. Prestia, D. Beams, B. Ellis, D. Tyson, C. Beams (J. O'Rourke, J. Polec)

RUC: M. Kruezer, A. Sandilands (B. Longer, D. Currie)

FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Franklin, P. Chapman, M. Clark, G. Rohan (N. Bock, M. Honeychurch)

CASH LEFT: $21,500

3/1/14

Money

Nice backline, the 2 big slections, little risky having Hansen at D3 but could work out, the question is will Sam Shaw get a game with Adelaide?
Strong midfield, like the Ellis and Prestia selections especially, both could go big this year, still having the cash to have Tyson and Beams on field is a bonus
Like the Kruezer selection, very unique, no one will have him and should go 90+, R2-R4 are standard selections
Solid forwards F1-F5 is identical to mine, Rohan on field should be okay as long as he can avoid the vest and keep his spot in the team, Good bench selections, think Sam Lloyd is a better chance of getting a game than Honeychurch though

Azzas Dockers

Quote from: essendon2 on January 04, 2014, 07:03:29 PM
AFL Classic Squad for Round 2 ($10m salary)

DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, L. Hansen, D. Swallow, M. Suckling, S. Shaw (M. Fuller, C. Howard)

MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Selwood, J. Watson, D. Prestia, D. Beams, B. Ellis, D. Tyson, C. Beams (J. O'Rourke, J. Polec)

RUC: M. Kruezer, A. Sandilands (B. Longer, D. Currie)

FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Franklin, P. Chapman, M. Clark, G. Rohan (N. Bock, M. Honeychurch)

CASH LEFT: $21,500

3/1/14

Looks like a good team. I would consider swapping Selwood, Prestia for March Murphy and D Thomas and use the cash that makes you to upgrade your defenders.

Maybe swap Shaw with Yeo, who has better job security and\or G Rohan\M. Honeychurch with Jed Lamb, who I believe will score a lot higher.

essendon2

The Johnsonator: Fanplanner squad in the AFL CLASSIC competition coached by essendon2. Salary cap left: $32,500.

Jarrad McVeigh, Sam Mitchell, Andrew Mackie, Lachlan Hansen, Matt Suckling, Jeremy Laidler
Matthew Fuller, Ariel Steinberg

Scott Selwood (C), Joel Selwood, Brent Stanton (VC), Dion Prestia, Jack Ziebell, Shane Savage, Dom Tyson, Claye Beams
Jonothon O'Rourke, Alex Woodward

Shane Mumford, Aaron Sandilands
Daniel Currie, Sam Naismith

Nick Riewoldt, Patrick Dangerfield, Dustin Martin, Luke Parker, Mitchell Clark, Gary Rohan
Nathan Bock, Shane Kersten

So I've done some tweaking, this is the squad for Round 1. I've gone with very low priced bench options to maximize points on the field, and I've picked players that I think will score well purely in Round 1!

8/1/14

essendon2

The Johnsonator: Fanplanner squad in the AFL CLASSIC competition coached by essendon2. Salary cap left: $9,600

Jarrad McVeigh, Sam Mitchell, Bachar Houli, Matt Suckling, Luke McDonald, Jeremy Laidler
Christian Howard, Ariel Steinberg

Steve Johnson (C), Scott Selwood, Joel Selwood, Brent Stanton (VC), Trent Cotchin, Marc Murphy, Luke Dunstan, Claye Beams
Jonothon O'Rourke, Alex Woodward

Shane Mumford, Aaron Sandilands
Daniel Currie, Sam Naismith

Nick Riewoldt, Patrick Dangerfield, Dustin Martin, Lance Franklin, Mitchell Clark, Gary Rohan
Nathan Bock, Shane Kersten

14/1/14 ;)

Money

Laidler on field could really burn you, not sure if he'll get a game let alon score well.... would rather an extra back premo instead of Murphy and No D.Beams  :o bargain of the year IMO