Main Menu

AFL Dream Team becomes AFL Fantasy

Started by m0nty, December 11, 2013, 05:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m0nty

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 13, 2013, 08:38:06 PM
So there could be 2 DT comps in 2014, Fantasy and DT?  :o

AFL Fantasy is not Dream Team. VirtualSports owns the trademark for Dream Team, not the AFL. The AFL decided in 2013 to move away from the Dream Team brand, in its wisdom, presumably because of the ownership issue.

The correct phrase to refer to all competitions is just "fantasy", not "DT". So there are two major fantasy competitions for AFL fans: Supercoach and AFL Fantasy. As to the fate of the Dream Team brand... wait and see.

Ziplock

would the DT scoring system also belong to VS?

Toga

Quote from: NigeyS on December 14, 2013, 09:33:44 AM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on December 14, 2013, 02:03:51 AM
Would be nice to have dedicated boards for Elite and Match Day. I have a sneaky feeling they will broaden Match Day next year, possibly to one game a round. The boards would have a small clientele to begin with but I'm sure it would build over time.
I second this notion.

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing this as well to be honest! Both boards could just be stand-alone boards under the "AFL Fantasy" banner where people can talk tactics for the Elite comps, and ask advice where need be, where the Match Day one would just be like one thread per match where people could compare teams...

I think these formats may become increasingly popular if the AFL make mistakes with their main fantasy brand by giving too many trades and mucking around with pricing too much :-X

m0nty

m0nty

I'll set the Matchday ones up when they announce the first games, good idea.