Main Menu

Rowyrod

Started by drazor, December 11, 2013, 05:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drazor

First year doing DT. Last year was first doing SC. Lots of lumps. Ass kicked throughly.

Here's my first pass on my DT. Tried to get a reasonable POD, especially in MID:

DEF: McVeigh, Mitchell, Walker, Geary, Suckling, Scharenberg (Kolodjashnij, Bock)

MID: Pendles, Montagna, Rockliff, Liberatore, Hanley, Martin, Dom Tyson, C. Beams (Hams, Honeychurch)

RUC: Minson, Longer (McBean, Tippett)

FWD: N. Riewoldt, D. Martin, R. Henderson, Franklin, J. Hogan, Fasolo (Jaksch, Kersten)

Salary left: $2,400

Mr.Craig

That's a pretty good effort for a first attempt.

A few things to note - Montagna is suspended for Round 1, Bock is forward only, Henderson is defense only, J.Tippett is defense only and while the appeal of a DPP link is tempting it isn't enough to justify having Hanley in the mids, you might want to consider D.Beams, Murphy or Shuey instead.

drazor

Ahhh. Great insights, Mr. C. Yeah, with Hanley I thought it was a bit of a stretch using him as my DPP. Probably better to use a rookie or undervalued player. Like your suggested replacements. Was leaning towards Murphy or Bastinac.

Appreciate the insights.

POK252

Geary probably not a great pick and as Mr.C said Hanley in the mids is not worth it despite the DPP link. Longer at R2 I think is risky. Other than that not a bad line-up

drazor

Quote from: POK252 on December 12, 2013, 03:41:11 PM
Geary probably not a great pick and as Mr.C said Hanley in the mids is not worth it despite the DPP link. Longer at R2 I think is risky. Other than that not a bad line-up

Yeah. Thinking moving Hanley to Def and add Daisy to C. Longer is a bit risky agree but since Ben Mac gone he'll some play. But may switch to reserve and use Grundy as R2. Thanks for your thoughts, POK. First go at DT.