Lawbreakers

Started by Grizzly87, December 08, 2013, 09:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzly87

TEAM NAME: Lawbreakers

DEF: J. McVeigh, J. Bartel, K. Simpson, P. Hanley, M. Suckling, J. Kolodjashnij (N. Bock, J. Battersby)
MID: S. Pendlebury, R. Griffen, J. Steven, N. Fyfe, D. Beams, M. Crouch, X. Ellis, J. Polec (B. Ross, D. Towers)
RUC: S. Mumford, A. Sandilands (T. Derickx, D. Currie)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, L. Franklin, D. Martin, C. Wingard, P. Chapman, A. Fasolo (G. Rohan, D. Menzel)

Cash left: $10,200

What do you guys think.
I'm not sure on having both Rohan and Menzel in the fwd. both injury prone.
I want to find room somehow to get Martin in the mids instead of towers.

Tyes

Nice structure, your backs are strong except Bock is a fwd only now, you could grab Zac Jones instead. I'd want to beef up the mids if you can squish a mid pricer like Claye Beams ($187,400) in there. But if Crouch and Elllis are both named round one i'd roll with that. Not having Gaj or Swan looks iffy, but I like Griffen. Steven might get a few tags, I like Cotchin more, he's proven he can break a tag and he played injured the majority of last year.

I'm cautious on Wingard, Zorko burnt me last year so i'm trying to stay away from players coming off a breakout season.

I don't think Rohan is super injury prone, the Swans obviously want him to play as they played him with no legs last year. If he has a full pre season I think he'll be in the 22 comfortably. At that price is he's named round one i'd be looking at him too. Same goes for Menzel.

Why do you want Martin in the mids? I feel like you'd eventually want him to finish in your fwd's so why not just start him there?

truBLUE

considering the price of rooks rohan ,bock , are worth a look  ;)

Mr.Craig

Wingard to Lennon, Patton or Clark to free up some money.

Menzel is aiming to be back playing by August/September. Replace him with Bock and put Fuller in the backline. Not sure about JK in the backs, would advise his brother, Shaz or McDonald instead.

Towers to Martin. Might want to think about someone other than Ross, I don't expect him to string more than a few games together.

Derickx to McBean, Nankervis, Lobb or Longer.

Grizzly87

Quote from: Tyes on December 10, 2013, 03:51:51 PM
Nice structure, your backs are strong except Bock is a fwd only now, you could grab Zac Jones instead. I'd want to beef up the mids if you can squish a mid pricer like Claye Beams ($187,400) in there. But if Crouch and Elllis are both named round one i'd roll with that. Not having Gaj or Swan looks iffy, but I like Griffen. Steven might get a few tags, I like Cotchin more, he's proven he can break a tag and he played injured the majority of last year.

I'm cautious on Wingard, Zorko burnt me last year so i'm trying to stay away from players coming off a breakout season.

I don't think Rohan is super injury prone, the Swans obviously want him to play as they played him with no legs last year. If he has a full pre season I think he'll be in the 22 comfortably. At that price is he's named round one i'd be looking at him too. Same goes for Menzel.

Why do you want Martin in the mids? I feel like you'd eventually want him to finish in your fwd's so why not just start him there?

I was considering jack Martin not moving dusty out of forwards.

I was cautious with zorko last season too. Was tossing up between him and Rockliff all preseason, then got burnt. Last minute decisions. In regards to wingard. I don't think he'll have that problem. He's all class, and has a
Coach that knows where to play him, unlike zorko last year.

Towards the middle of the year I plan on having one of swan or GAJ. As history has shown, a price tag of 600k+ is very hard to maintain. Even GAJ dropped a massive 150k on his starting price from last season.

I'm considering Cotchin, I had him last year which didn't work out to well as a starting premium mid I expected him to push past a 110 avg. I think he'll be a lot better next season, especially with the quality mids that tigers have got that are starting to come through.
Your right about Stevens thinking about it. Now that NDS is gone he'll cop a fair bit more of the tags.

Grizzly87

I made a few more adjustments.
The main difference is Stevens for Cotchin.
I've managed to move the rookies around and free up some cash to have j.martin in the side.
I like the selection of Henry Schade. Had a 2 year contract extension with the suns, so clearly the suns will play him next season.

DEF: J. McVeigh, J. Bartel, K. Simpson, P. Hanley, M. Suckling, H. Schade (K. Aylett, J. Battersby)
MID: S. Pendlebury, R. Griffen, T. Cotchin, N. Fyfe, D. Beams, J. Martin, X. Ellis, L. McDonald (J. Polec, D. Towers)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Martin, C. Wingard, P. Chapman, P. Dangerfield, A. Fasolo (G. Rohan, N. Bock)
Cash left: 7,800

nrich102

Bock is a spud, you dont want him.

Tyes

Quote from: Grizzly87 on December 10, 2013, 07:56:08 PM
I've managed to move the rookies around and free up some cash to have j.martin in the side.
I like the selection of Henry Schade. Had a 2 year contract extension with the suns, so clearly the suns will play him next season.

DEF: J. McVeigh, J. Bartel, K. Simpson, P. Hanley, M. Suckling, H. Schade (K. Aylett, J. Battersby)
MID: S. Pendlebury, R. Griffen, T. Cotchin, N. Fyfe, D. Beams, J. Martin, X. Ellis, L. McDonald (J. Polec, D. Towers)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Martin, C. Wingard, P. Chapman, P. Dangerfield, A. Fasolo (G. Rohan, N. Bock)

Very nice, I like it a lot. J. Martin in the mids makes a lot more sense that Dusty haha  ::) I really like your mids, I know I made a comment earlier about no GAJ and Swan. But I think overall your team benefits for not having one of them.

thefuzz

Quote from: Grizzly87 on December 10, 2013, 07:56:08 PM

Bartel is getting on a bit and I can see his average decreasing a little, Birch maybe instead?
Towers is an interesting pick (although obviously rookies are far from locked at this stage)
I worry about Sandi getting a vest a lot or missing a lot of games to keep him primed for finals, same goes for chappy.

Grizzly87

DEF: J. McVeigh, P. Hanley, K. Simpson, D. Swallow, M. Suckling, L. McDonald (J. Battersby, H. Schade)
MID: D. Swan, T. Rockliff, J. Watson, T. Liberatore, D. Beams, J. Martin, M. Crouch, X. Ellis (J. Polec, D. Towers)
RUC: N. Naitanui, A. Sandilands (B. Longer, D. Currie)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, C. Wingard, L. Franklin, P. Chapman, G. Rohan (N. Bock, D. Markworth)

Made some key changes;

Pendles > Swan.
Cotchin > Rockliff
Bartel > Swallow
Mumford > nic nat.
Fyfe > liberatore
Griffin > Watson.

I've also managed to include longer and McDonald who are both highly rated.
This is my favourite version. Covers all angles.
Good POD in Swallow and Lib.
Solid ruck options.