Sick of people writing us off from winning the premiership

Started by phil5158, December 05, 2013, 08:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 14, 2014, 10:42:48 PM
Quote from: GoLions on September 14, 2014, 10:40:33 PM
You named two top 8 teams there of the ones you beat, and half the time North play like a bottom 6 side, but yes, you were extremely impressive in those wins against Brisbane, St Kilda, GWS, and Melbou-oh wait :-X
it's the way we went about it ;)  oh and when we beat some of those teams, they were top 8, so we beat 5 top eight teams this year, not just the two that finished inside the actual 8, some of the wins were against top 8 teams playing good footy at the time ;)
The two that finished inside the 8 were the two better teams. That's like saying any team that beat GWS had beaten an extra top 8 team cause they beat Sydney in round 1. Teams can be in the 8 at points due to having had an easier fixture, so best way to judge is by final positions.

tbagrocks

Quote from: GoLions on September 14, 2014, 10:46:17 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on September 14, 2014, 10:42:48 PM
Quote from: GoLions on September 14, 2014, 10:40:33 PM
You named two top 8 teams there of the ones you beat, and half the time North play like a bottom 6 side, but yes, you were extremely impressive in those wins against Brisbane, St Kilda, GWS, and Melbou-oh wait :-X
it's the way we went about it ;)  oh and when we beat some of those teams, they were top 8, so we beat 5 top eight teams this year, not just the two that finished inside the actual 8, some of the wins were against top 8 teams playing good footy at the time ;)
The two that finished inside the 8 were the two better teams. That's like saying any team that beat GWS had beaten an extra top 8 team cause they beat Sydney in round 1
Nah I just think some of you have crossed wires and forget what actually happened through the year

So easy to say at the end, you beat only two top 8 teams but that is not the truth, the truth is when we played teams in the eight we beat them like Collingwood (Twice) and the Suns, both of whom whilst in the 8 when we beat them playing good footy at that time

Sorry if my superior mind thinks a little differently :P

Grazz

We are so not worthy that you grace us with your presence mate. :P

CrowsFan

Spite

Smashed us convincingly and looked like a proper finals threat. Not top 2 worthy but 3-11 could be very right next year. Looking forward to more battles with the crows in future, will be interesting to see if the pies or crows develope faster over the next few years

Vinny

Jay

I get what tbag is saying. Our top 5 players in Danger, Sloane, Jacobs, Walker, Talia, would rival most clubs. But the talent over the next 15 spots on our list just isn't there yet.

Losing Davis, Bock, Gunston and Tippett (+ draft picks) all in the matter of a few seasons has really set us back. Luckily our core group of players are young, so in a couple of years when we've replenished our depth through the draft, we should be a real crack at it.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Vinny on September 14, 2014, 10:56:39 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on September 14, 2014, 10:54:21 PM
Must be a nerd if he thinks with a superior mind :P
It's not the mind but how you use it ;) some chose to be nerdish and that is fine ;D  Others prefer to see reality and it's challenges and that's fine too

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Jayman on September 14, 2014, 10:57:21 PM
I get what tbag is saying. Our top 5 players in Danger, Sloane, Jacobs, Walker, Talia, would rival most clubs. But the talent over the next 15 spots on our list just isn't there yet.

Losing Davis, Bock, Gunston and Tippett (+ draft picks) all in the matter of a few seasons has really set us back. Luckily our core group of players are young, so in a couple of years when we've replenished our depth through the draft, we should be a real crack at it.

Brad Crouch? Brodie Smith? Richard Douglas? I reckon the talent these 3 present are pretty well on song...

Grazz

Yep agree with this.

Grazz

Quote from: Pkbaldy on September 14, 2014, 11:03:07 PM

Brad Crouch? Brodie Smith? Richard Douglas? I reckon the talent these 3 present are pretty well on song...

Yeh you can add those three agree.

Jay

Quote from: Pkbaldy on September 14, 2014, 11:03:07 PM

Think you may have missed the point, but yeah they're good players.

tbagrocks

Lukey Brown is a fantastic back pocket and Hendo a great swing man, hopefully settles in the backline where he excels, JJ is just getting better and better and may wind up a backman after all. Charlie Cameron is an enigma and in the shadow if the unmentioned champion that is EEDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEE Betts, Grigg, Kerridge, Lyons, Matt Crough are all fine young midfielder who all will make it at the level, Lairdy a tough little flowerer that adds to the backline. Jaenschy has found his fitness, competitiveness and grove, Mackay is a very good winger, Tommy Lynch a big running unit. Thompson, Hartigan and Shaw are all capable defenders and one or two will be stars.

Then there are talented kids, Wont go into them but Cam Ellis Yolman, Battersby, Brodie Atkins, Riley Knight, Kelly, Siggins, all these kids have game and will be added into the 22 at some stage. I call genius recruiting and I await to be proven right :)

elephants

Haha, this'll be great to look back on in 12-24 months.

Mr.Craig

Almost hope the Hawks don't make a play for Lyons because I know Bags will lose his shower.  :P