Main Menu

Cheer/boo system disabled

Started by m0nty, December 05, 2013, 08:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m0nty

Well, back to the drawing board on that one.

Treat this thread as a discussion on what, if anything, should replace it.

Nige

LF

kilbluff1985

Awesome thanks mOnty

I honestly just think a like or dislike button for each post would do

Justin Bieber

Ziplock

Mmm, like an individual +/- section for specific posts? Then a point system where you get points based on positive rated posts?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Ziplock on December 05, 2013, 08:34:12 PM
Mmm, like an individual +/- section for specific posts? Then a point system where you get points based on positive rated posts?

not sure about the 2nd half but yes to 1st half

Nige

Yeah, turn this into Facebook and add a like feature.  ;D

CrowsFan

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 05, 2013, 08:21:05 PM
Awesome thanks mOnty

I honestly just think a like or dislike button for each post would do
m0nty has said on numerous occasions that this system can't support something like that. So unless the whole forum got an upgrade that won't happen unfortunately :(

Holz

Thanks for removing the cheer boo Monty I think new people joining looked to then to see who was good. There were numerous good posters with lots of boos.

The only other thing I would like too see is ossie hellopplz and I mods on most if not all of the boards. There was a recent increase in spam which I deleted most of as I'm on a lot of the day. There were instances where I couldn't delete spam and either it was only hellopplz or nobody who could remove it.

Apart from that I personally have no issues and loving your work. I keep tinkering around with my team an fan planner.

Jroo

Thanks m0nty!
But I must say it looks weird without the cheers/boos.
I like KB's idea, or even just a like button would be good.

Ziplock

LaHug

Yeah, I wish we could do a system where each individual post gets reviewed! Maybe people could store it as a total point system (similar to reddit) but done on a post by post basis.

Also, m0nty, can you please reply to me PM from the other week? :)

Mr.Craig

I'd go with the reddit system where you can see a user's karma if you click on their profile.

LaHug

Quote from: Mr.Craig on December 05, 2013, 10:06:46 PM
I'd go with the reddit system where you can see a user's karma if you click on their profile.
Yes, this! It doesn't have to always appear, but you can see it if you view their profile.