Main Menu

Campbell Brown to be sacked

Started by LF, November 28, 2013, 02:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Grazz

Blokes a twat, he thinks the measure of a man is how hard you can hit someone, D!ckhead.  :(

CrowsFan

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 28, 2013, 08:45:36 PM
friend of mine dug this up. oh the irony

Clearly he was saying that the guy shouldn't have gotten any prison time :P

Ziplock

What's the specific definition of king hit?

I mean, let's be fair, jumping out of the shadows and punching some random in the face on the street is different to having an argument with someone on the football field that comes to blows (that kid died from his head hitting the concrete, which can't physically happen on a football field :P )

LF

King Hit
A term widely used in Australia. A very hard punch, usually delivered to the head, that is completely unexpected. Most often results in knock outs or knock downs. Viewed upon by most as an act of cowardice. Simmilar in meaning to sucker punch.

tbagrocks

Brown being 30 years old or so, punching a teenager or young man is just not on, if the player was older then it wouldn't be as big a problem but it would create another one given Browns supposed mature age

Can't have matured men hitting kids, just not cool

Ziplock

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 29, 2013, 01:00:56 AM
Brown being 30 years old or so, punching a teenager or young man is just not on, if the player was older then it wouldn't be as big a problem but it would create another one given Browns supposed mature age

Can't have matured men hitting kids, just not cool

well, May's 21, but I see your point.

That being said brown's also a head shorter and 15kg lighter than May, I mean, it must have been a stretch to even reach him :P 

Nails

Nige

THE CAMPBELL BROWN RAP SHEET
AFL Tribunal record
Charges: 14
Guilty: 13
Matches suspended: 29
Fines: $6,400

Suspensions
One week for striking Brett Montgomery (Port), R3, 2004
Four weeks for striking Jason Winderlich (Ess), R11, 2004
Four weeks for striking Matthew Lloyd (Ess), R20, 2005
Two weeks for striking Lynden Dunn (Melb), NAB Cup 2007
Two weeks for charging Matthew Kreuzer (Carl), NAB Cup 2008
Two weeks for striking Nick Dal Santo (StK), R17, 2010
Two weeks for forceful front-on contact on Barry Hall (WB), R3, 2011
Two weeks for striking Callan Ward (WB), R3, 2011
Six weeks for forceful front-on contact on Aidan Riley (Adel), R23, 2012
Four weeks for unnecessary contact to the face of James Strauss (Melb), R20, 2013

Off-field issues
2005: Dropped for one week by Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson as punishment for breaking a convenience store window after Luke Hodge's 21st birthday party.
2007: Fined $15,000 for giving misleading evidence to the AFL Tribunal in a bid to help Chris Judd escape a misconduct charge.
2009: Described Essendon spearhead Matthew Lloyd as, "One of the biggest snipers in the game" and promised retribution after Lloyd charged into Brad Sewell, fracturing the midfielder's jaw.
2011: Stripped of leadership position at the Suns after being detained by police in Thailand following an altercation during an end-of-season trip. He was released without charge.
2013: Investigated over an incident in Los Angeles, which resulted in teammate Steven May receiving a fractured jaw

Toga

Love him as a player but geez he makes some bad decisions :-[

Ricochet

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/gold-coast-suns-punchup-at-la-club-may-have-been-sparked-by-arrival-of-rihanna-sources-claim/story-fni5f7ka-1226770575834

QuoteAccording to sources, Suns players were at Bootsy Bellows in West Hollywood when they were asked to leave because Rihanna and her entourage were arriving after the pop star's concert.

May was allegedly trying to force his way back in to get an autograph when an attempt was made to stop him by Hawthorn's Josh Gibson, who was also present.

QuoteIt is understood that after May verbally abused Gibson, Brown stepped in and allegedly punched him.

QuoteThere have also been reports May said something deeply personal to Brown which triggered the attack.

Nails

Sounds like the cow May have deserved it.

Dudge

Don't like king hits in any situation. I was once king hit at my soccer club, by one of the biggest blokes at the club, many many years ago. Did,nt knock me out, but dropped me to my knees and I looked like the elephant man next morning lol. Cheap shot. The motto of my story is, who do reckon jumped this guy straight away, in a blink of the eye, yes the Grazz-man and another childhood mate Sid, and they landed a fair few blows to the guys scone haha. All that being said, would like to hear the whole story in Browns case, in case we're not getting told what really transpired. If it was indeed a king hit, then it's a dog act

_wato

Why was May so intrigued about getting an autograph from Rihanna? Story seems so suss to me.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: _wato on November 29, 2013, 04:42:41 PM
Why was May so intrigued about getting an autograph from Rihanna? Story seems so suss to me.

my guess is he was blind, thought it would be a good opportunity to meet Rihanna and try to pick up. long shot but never know if ya never go