Main Menu

Melbourne Rookies

Started by Ricochet, November 27, 2013, 03:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

And what suggests Michie is more ready before seeing either of them in the NAB?

Sure Michie had good WAFL numbers. Toumpas had good VFL numbers, If my numbers are correct he averaged 24 touches and had 33 touches and 12 marks in his last game of VFL.

Noz

Toumpas will improve next year as will the entire 40 odd blokes on the list. He is one of the best young kickers in the Melbourne side.

A midfield of Viney, Toumpas, Tyson, Trengove and Blease would be one of the best in the next 5 years. Plus guys like Jack Watts and Jack Grimes roaming around the middle.

The days of Melbourne being a shower team is coming to an end, A new era is about to begin.

quinny88

Quote from: Noz on December 21, 2013, 11:32:51 PM
Toumpas will improve next year as will the entire 40 odd blokes on the list. He is one of the best young kickers in the Melbourne side.

A midfield of Viney, Toumpas, Tyson, Trengove and Blease would be one of the best in the next 5 years. Plus guys like Jack Watts and Jack Grimes roaming around the middle.

The days of Melbourne being a shower team is coming to an end, A new era is about to begin.

They are still gonna get flogged most weeks this coming season. You left their best player out of that midfield. Nathan jones

tbagrocks

Quote from: quinny88 on December 21, 2013, 11:42:02 PM

They are still gonna get flogged most weeks this coming season. You left their best player out of that midfield. Nathan jones Bernie Vince :P
I see rapid improvement, doubtfully top 8 but could be the biggest improvers, for competitiveness anyway

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 21, 2013, 11:48:05 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on December 21, 2013, 11:42:02 PM

They are still gonna get flogged most weeks this coming season. You left their best player out of that midfield. Nathan jones Bernie Vince :P
I see rapid improvement, doubtfully top 8 but could be the biggest improvers, for competitiveness anyway

I see rapid improvement to but still bottom 4. Probably bottom 2

Noz

I said in 5 years time Jones will be 30-31 by then and Vince will be retired.

quinny88

Speaking of Jones, he will surely be named the new Melbourne captain won't he?

Noz

I reckon they should go co captains again but this time with Frawley and Jones.

quinny88

Quote from: Noz on December 22, 2013, 12:12:23 AM

Yeah that could work! Anything is an improvement on the last combo  :-X not their fault though I know

My Chumps

Quote from: quinny88 on December 22, 2013, 12:19:50 AM
Quote from: Noz on December 22, 2013, 12:12:23 AM

Yeah that could work! Anything is an improvement on the last combo  :-X not their fault though I know
I reckon they should persist with Grimes. Seems a natural leader, gives his all on the field, willing to play the team role (tagging) and handled getting slaughtered week in week out pretty well with the media last year.

Grimes and Jones would be my preferences.

valkorum

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 21, 2013, 11:27:49 PM
And what suggests Michie is more ready before seeing either of them in the NAB?

Sure Michie had good WAFL numbers. Toumpas had good VFL numbers, If my numbers are correct he averaged 24 touches and had 33 touches and 12 marks in his last game of VFL.

He has played 1 game of AFL for Freo.  Started as the sub - came on late in the 2nd quarter due to an injury to Spurr.  He ended with 13 disposals (7k, 6hb) and 3 tackles in a loss to Geelong (85 to 44).  He also won Peels best and fairest from only 16 games.  He is a big bodied midfielder who has elite endurance

WAFL Stats for 2013
Kicks - 15.25
Handballs - 10.3
Tackles - 3.6
Marks - 4.1
Frees For - 2
Frees Against - 1

elephants

Toumpas kicked four goals and dominated the Melbourne intra-club from what I've heard. Reckon Roos will be excellent for his development as a footballer. IMO he is a best 22 player, anyone agree?

Noz

JKH also dominated the intra club match as well.

I agree Toumpas is in their best 22.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: elephants on February 08, 2014, 02:31:04 PM
Toumpas kicked four goals and dominated the Melbourne intra-club from what I've heard. Reckon Roos will be excellent for his development as a footballer. IMO he is a best 22 player, anyone agree?

not that hard to dominate in a Melbourne intra club match surely

Noz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 08, 2014, 02:56:54 PM
Quote from: elephants on February 08, 2014, 02:31:04 PM

not that hard to dominate in a Melbourne intra club match surely

Well it is.

They are a AFL club so someone like yourself couldn't dominate a intra club match. So would be pretty hard especially being 20 year old kid.