Main Menu

Spicks and Specks is back!

Started by Nige, November 26, 2013, 11:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

I am confused about this.

On one hand I am excited that Spicks and Specks is back.

On the other hand I am not sure about Josh Earl (no idea who he is) and Adam Richards.  Adam is funny in small doses, not sure if I can handle him as a full time captain - only time will tell. 

Ella Hooper I think is a great choice - good looking, mildly funny and has been successful in the music industry.

All that being said, I will definitely be watching. 

One thing I am really worried about is that have gone for direct replacements

Alan Brough --> Adam Richards - Both male, funny, big men and same way inclined (although Alan surely has better musical knowledge)
Myf Warhurst --> Ella Hooper - Both female, short, both have brothers in a band and have been in the music industry.
Adam Hills --> Josh Earl - Both comedians (even though I dont know who Josh Earl is).

Mat0369

Nige

Nige

Spicks and Specks returns tonight!  8)

Joining Josh, Adam and Ella are: Meshel Laurie, Des Bishop, Jacqui Dark and Jay Watson (get around him fellow Tame Impala fans).

8:30pm AEST on ABC.

My Chumps

It's actually pretty good so far.

Josh Earl's doing a super job. Ella's been pretty terrible though to be honest. She keeps hitting on the guy from Tame Impala while his girlfriend's in the crowd, lol.

Nige

I've actually been really impressed tonight.

But yeah, Ella's been a massive letdown.

Nige

Missed the first ten minutes.  :(

Nige

Really liked last night's episode, and the new cast are doing great.

This bit was awesome.  8)

stew42

Yeah, I watched last night's on iView, last one I saw was half of the first ep. Really liked it!

stew42

valkorum

So far I am liking it - the new crew have been really good.... although Ella drooling over the celebs is gonna wear thin on me, real soon

Nige

Quote from: valkorum on March 07, 2014, 03:22:29 PM
So far I am liking it - the new crew have been really good.... although Ella drooling over the celebs is gonna wear thin on me, real soon
Yeah, it's slowly getting rather annoying.

Nige

And it's been axed.  :( The final six eps of this season will air later in the year.

It obviously wasn't the same, but I really enjoyed the reboot of Spicks and Specks so I'm sad to see this happen.

It's a great show but now it's dead in the water.  :(

Master Q

Why was it axed? Don't watch the show...

Nige

Quote from: Master Q on May 30, 2014, 05:17:15 PM
Why was it axed? Don't watch the show...
Because of poor ratings. The reruns of the old Spicks was getting better ratings.

It's really sad that a lot of so-called Spicks and Specks 'fans' couldn't accept that Adam, Alan and Myf had moved on with their careers and refused to give the new show a go. Or alternatively, they watched the show but didn't want to like it because they had a preconceived idea that it was never going to be the same or as good.