Main Menu

8 Rookie Midfield Strategy

Started by stevemac, March 09, 2010, 11:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles

Strategies depend on picking the right players in the first place, which is near impossible to pick a full balanced squad in terms of premiums, rookies & performers.  Anyone's strategy is legit, but you need luck to come in to it as well.

daddsy404

used that exact strategy, have only traded up in the midfield (apart from upgrading Ellis) (so 12 upgrade/downgrades) and the rest injury trades (2 remaining).
ranked 10,500 overall and with a midfield of Ablett, Swan, Montagna, Boyd, Dal Santo and Selwood.
In conclusion, the theory works!!

hally25547

This was my theory except i started with swan and im ranked 3410 overall and on top of my leagues. However i have had some injury troubles in the forwards, backs abd rucks which has left me with three trades left  :o

Holz

Quote from: daddsy404 on July 26, 2010, 05:21:31 PM
used that exact strategy, have only traded up in the midfield (apart from upgrading Ellis) (so 12 upgrade/downgrades) and the rest injury trades (2 remaining).
ranked 10,500 overall and with a midfield of Ablett, Swan, Montagna, Boyd, Dal Santo and Selwood.

went with the gun rookie strategy  now have Ablett,Bartel,Swan,Montagna,Selwood,Boyd ranked just ouside the top 1000 and top of my league that is ranked about 150, rookie gun works

elxam

Quote from: Holzman on July 29, 2010, 05:22:28 AM
Quote from: daddsy404 on July 26, 2010, 05:21:31 PM

went with the gun rookie strategy  now have Ablett,Bartel,Swan,Montagna,Selwood,Boyd ranked just ouside the top 1000 and top of my league that is ranked about 150, rookie gun works

++1

rocca

Quote from: stevemac on March 09, 2010, 11:40:11 AM
Consider for a moment, your midfield in 2010 is..

Martin, Shuey, Barlow, Banner, Bastinac, Morabito, Trengove, Scully
(with any 2 being on the bench)

A current midfield, depending on your strategy is about $2-2.2 million (about 25% of your salary cap)

By making your midfield all rookies, you are spending $8-900,000 or about 10% of your salary on that area.

Let's assume you're spending $1m on your rucks (something like Sandilands, Kruezer, Warnock, Lobbe)

This leaves about $6m for your forward and defence combined.

For arguments sake, let's say you have Lisle, Davis on your back bench and Rockliff, Podsiadly on your forward bench

You now have a whopping $466,000 to spend on each on-field player.

For example..
F-  Riewoldt, Didak, O'Keefe, Brown, Pavlich, Higgins ($2.52m) or 31%
D- Goddard, Hargrave, Carrazzo, Enright, H Shaw, Gilbert ($2.39m) or 30%

You are left with $1.1m in the bank, or $180,000 for each midfield (non-bench) upgrade

So if Dustin Martin, goes up to $250,000 in value at round 3, you add the $180,000 you have reserve for each player upgrade, you then have $430,000 to spend on a midfielder. You do this 6 times, turning your rookies into superstars by round 6 of the DT league.

The downside of course, is you can expect to lose a couple of games between rounds 1-5.

I think this a great idea! I think if it is used not quite as drastically as that it could work very well..