Jukes' Annual Feedback and Analysis Thread

Started by Jukes, November 25, 2013, 09:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Quote from: Grizzly87 on December 15, 2013, 09:16:33 PM
Updated side.

TEAM NAME: Lawbreakers
DEF: J. McVeigh, P. Hanley, K. Simpson, D. Swallow, M. Suckling, L. McDonald (J. Battersby, H. Schade)
MID: D. Swan, T. Rockliff, J. Watson, T. Liberatore, D. Beams, J. Martin, M. Crouch, X. Ellis (J. Polec, D. Towers)
RUC: N. Naitanui, A. Sandilands (B. Longer, D. Currie)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, C. Wingard, L. Franklin, P. Chapman, G. Rohan (N. Bock, D. Markworth)

I like my POD in swallow and lib.

Even though the latter isn't a pod imo, Swallow and Liberatore are good selections imo. Swallow's pre-season will shape whether he makes my side or not.
Chappy is also a great pick. Love how I started the Chappy craze :3
Nic Nat, despite being a ruck only (grrrr), should be a nice POD selection as he'll almost certainly up his average. Lock in SC, good pick in DT- I prefer Big Boy however.

Dislikes
Rohan, Bock and Markworth. McDonald, Battersby and Schade. I wouldn't feel safe relying on one player from each set to play every week early. Not a cause for dramatic concern, but a thought.
Not a fan of Sandi, but at least Longer is there for protection- you'll be playing him most of the time.

Ratings
D: 8.25/10
M: 8.75/10
R: 7.75/10
F: 8.5/10
Overall: 8.35/10 well balanced team with it's fair share of unique selections.

Grizzly87

Quote from: Jukes on December 15, 2013, 10:54:15 PM
Quote from: Grizzly87 on December 15, 2013, 09:16:33 PM
Updated side.

TEAM NAME: Lawbreakers
DEF: J. McVeigh, P. Hanley, K. Simpson, D. Swallow, M. Suckling, L. McDonald (J. Battersby, H. Schade)
MID: D. Swan, T. Rockliff, J. Watson, T. Liberatore, D. Beams, J. Martin, M. Crouch, X. Ellis (J. Polec, D. Towers)
RUC: N. Naitanui, A. Sandilands (B. Longer, D. Currie)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, C. Wingard, L. Franklin, P. Chapman, G. Rohan (N. Bock, D. Markworth)

I like my POD in swallow and lib.

Even though the latter isn't a pod imo, Swallow and Liberatore are good selections imo. Swallow's pre-season will shape whether he makes my side or not.
Chappy is also a great pick. Love how I started the Chappy craze :3
Nic Nat, despite being a ruck only (grrrr), should be a nice POD selection as he'll almost certainly up his average. Lock in SC, good pick in DT- I prefer Big Boy however.

Dislikes
Rohan, Bock and Markworth. McDonald, Battersby and Schade. I wouldn't feel safe relying on one player from each set to play every week early. Not a cause for dramatic concern, but a thought.
Not a fan of Sandi, but at least Longer is there for protection- you'll be playing him most of the time.

Ratings
F: 8.5/10
Overall: 8.35/10 well balanced team with it's fair share of unique selections.

I swapped out McDonald for JK. I believe Geelong will give him plenty of game time down back. This allowed me to free up some cash and swap sandi to Grundy. As a pies fan I'm a massive fab of what this kid is capable of. And holding the number 1 ruck spot, his fantasy scores are gonna go up. His ability to get around the ground to ruck contests will help him a heap to.

dtfreak

TEAM NAME: Leather Poisoning

DEF: S. Mitchell, L. Hodge, J. McVeigh, D. Swallow, P. Seedsman, M. Suckling <J. Laidler, M. Fuller>
MID: T. Rockliff, S. Selwood, M. Murphy, D. Beams, D. Thomas, C. Beams, J. Martin, D. Tyson <J. Polec, X. Ellis>
RUC: H. McIntosh, A. Sandilands <B. Longer, D. Currie>
FWD: D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, L. Franklin, C. Sylvia, M. Clark, A. Fasolo <G. Rohan, N. Bock>

SALARY CAP: $90,600

Jukes

Quote from: dtfreak on December 16, 2013, 12:50:01 PM

DEF: S. Mitchell, L. Hodge, J. McVeigh, D. Swallow, P. Seedsman, M. Suckling <J. Laidler, M. Fuller>
MID: T. Rockliff, S. Selwood, M. Murphy, D. Beams, D. Thomas, C. Beams, J. Martin, D. Tyson <J. Polec, X. Ellis>
FWD: D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, L. Franklin, C. Sylvia, M. Clark, A. Fasolo <G. Rohan, N. Bock>

Strong backline. Few old blokes not the best choice imo, but Swallow is a good roughie, and Seedsy is a star. The backline can be a major point of failure for teams who don't manage it right- that's no worry to you w/ this side.
Good selection of midfielders- although I'm not a fan of Scott Selwood, the rest of the selections, both premo and rookie, are good. Worst two selections in there (not bad selections, just the two worst in that line) both eagles players :3
Good depth on each line, although with your current rucks you'll probably need two back-up good players :P I'd be happy with Rohan/Bock, Fuller and Polec as my primary cover (actually, I think they are my primary cover haha)

Dislikes
The ruck line. HamMac and Sandi are very injury prone and, in the case of Ham, job security is a question. Even if he is best 22, sharing the ruck duties with Simpson and Vardy occasionally will cost him points. Longer is good added security, but if it goes wrong you're a long way behind people who have something like for example McEvoy and Grundy like me w/ Longer on the bench.
Not a huge cause of concern, but relying on one of Fasolo (JS), Rohan (injury and JS) and Bock (injury and JS) to play every week early could disappoint you and force a change in trade plans.

Ratings
D: 9.25/10
M: 8.5/10
R: 7/10
F: 8.25/10
Overall: 8.35/10 nice team but the ruck stock could become your bone of contention.

dtfreak

Quote from: Jukes on December 16, 2013, 01:52:12 PM
Quote from: dtfreak on December 16, 2013, 12:50:01 PM

Strong backline. Few old blokes not the best choice imo, but Swallow is a good roughie, and Seedsy is a star. The backline can be a major point of failure for teams who don't manage it right- that's no worry to you w/ this side.
Good selection of midfielders- although I'm not a fan of Scott Selwood, the rest of the selections, both premo and rookie, are good. Worst two selections in there (not bad selections, just the two worst in that line) both eagles players :3
Good depth on each line, although with your current rucks you'll probably need two back-up good players :P I'd be happy with Rohan/Bock, Fuller and Polec as my primary cover (actually, I think they are my primary cover haha)

Dislikes
The ruck line. HamMac and Sandi are very injury prone and, in the case of Ham, job security is a question. Even if he is best 22, sharing the ruck duties with Simpson and Vardy occasionally will cost him points. Longer is good added security, but if it goes wrong you're a long way behind people who have something like for example McEvoy and Grundy like me w/ Longer on the bench.
Not a huge cause of concern, but relying on one of Fasolo (JS), Rohan (injury and JS) and Bock (injury and JS) to play every week early could disappoint you and force a change in trade plans.

Ratings
D: 9.25/10
M: 8.5/10
Overall: 8.35/10 nice team but the ruck stock could become your bone of contention.

Thanks for the feedback, Jukes. You've convinced me to get rid of McIntosh - and with 90k in the bank I have a choice between Shane Mumford, Nic Naitanui and Ben McEvoy. Who would you choose? Cheers

Jukes

I'm a big fan of Big Boy, but Nic Nat is a good selection too. Both should have good years and improve their averages. I've gone with McEvoy for now, but their pre-season form will help a lot. NicNat has the injury concerns too.

brandon_12

Hey bud, first draft of the year, what do you reckon?

DEF: S. Mitchell, J. Bartel, L. Hodge, M. Suckling, M. Scharenberg, L. McDonald (M. Fuller, P. Veszpremi)
MID: S. Pendlebury, J. Watson, T. Cotchin, D. Beams, M. Murphy, J. Martin, J. Aish, V. Michie (A. Morabito, J. Polec)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, A. Sandilands (B. Longer, E. Wallace)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, T. Cloke, L. Franklin, J. Hogan, B. Lennon (N. Bock, M. Honeychurch)
CASH LEFT: $7,200

Jukes

Quote from: brandon_12 on December 16, 2013, 03:32:34 PM
Hey bud, first draft of the year, what do you reckon?

DEF: S. Mitchell, J. Bartel, L. Hodge, M. Suckling, M. Scharenberg, L. McDonald (M. Fuller, P. Veszpremi)
MID: S. Pendlebury, J. Watson, T. Cotchin, D. Beams, M. Murphy, J. Martin, J. Aish, V. Michie (A. Morabito, J. Polec)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, A. Sandilands (B. Longer, E. Wallace)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, T. Cloke, L. Franklin, J. Hogan, B. Lennon (N. Bock, M. Honeychurch)
CASH LEFT: $7,200

No real spud premiums, not a fan of old back premos (SMitch, Bartel, Hodge) but they won't fall too much.
Eric Wallace is a good pick (however unimportant R4 is) imo that not many people have looked for. He's developing in leaps and bounds and has great athleticism, could get a fair chunk of games.

Dislikes
Relying on one of Lennon, Bock and Honeychurch to play every week could be a risk because of questionable JS and injury problems.
Not a fan of Sandi as I've previously said.

Ratings
D: 8/10
F: 8/10
Overall: 8.2/10 not a bad first side, but doesn't really stand out from the crowd at this point

egosbar

i know waters is injury prone and depending if we get two trades a week again if we do he stays if we dont he goes , anyone know the rule changes yet

i like the idea i have 14 premos and only a few mids
dont worry about the rookies or low price players i just stuck a few in except bench rucks , i went rookies that probably wont play at all as i usually just trade out a ruck if he is out especially when you have two trades a week
i spewed when the first team i saw libba i was hoping for a unique here

TEAM NAME: egosbar
DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, J. Bartel, M. Suckling, B. Martin, B. Waters (P. Yagmoor, P. Veszpremi)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, D. Heppell, T. Liberatore, D. Beams, M. Honeychurch, B. Hill, A. Morabito (D. Wanganeen, Z. Webster)
RUC: N. Naitanui, A. Sandilands (L. Pierce, D. Currie)
FWD: S. Johnson, P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, P. Chapman, T. Walsh, R. Nahas (G. Rohan, N. Bock)
CASH LEFT: $11,000
Structure: 4/1/1/2 - 5/1/0/4 - 1/1/0/2 - 4/0/1/3 = 14/3/2/11 (in the format of premium/mid/cheap/rookie for each position)

Byes: 3/4/1 - 3/5/2 - 1/1/2 - 5/0/3 = 12/10/8 (in the format of R8/R9/R10)

Jukes

Quote from: egosbar on December 16, 2013, 06:30:26 PM
i know waters is injury prone and depending if we get two trades a week again if we do he stays if we dont he goes , anyone know the rule changes yet

i like the idea i have 14 premos and only a few mids
dont worry about the rookies or low price players i just stuck a few in except bench rucks , i went rookies that probably wont play at all as i usually just trade out a ruck if he is out especially when you have two trades a week
i spewed when the first team i saw libba i was hoping for a unique here

TEAM NAME: egosbar
DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, J. Bartel, M. Suckling, B. Martin, B. Waters (P. Yagmoor, P. Veszpremi)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, D. Heppell, T. Liberatore, D. Beams, M. Honeychurch, B. Hill, A. Morabito (D. Wanganeen, Z. Webster)
RUC: N. Naitanui, A. Sandilands (L. Pierce, D. Currie)
FWD: S. Johnson, P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, P. Chapman, T. Walsh, R. Nahas (G. Rohan, N. Bock)
CASH LEFT: $11,000

Even though I'm a fan of the two benchies though- would much prefer Fuller and Howard- and there are too many old blokes who won't increase their average, strong backline.
Chappyyyy, good selection

Dislikes
The midfield. Swan and Ablett are going down in average, 100% certainty. Heppell won't improve enough or score high enough to warrant a midfield selection over guys like Cotchin and Murphy imo, and he's one of my favourite players. I struggle to see more than 1 of Honeychurch, Hill, Morabito, Wanganeen and Webster to play every week early, and you need 3 of them to play each week. I know that they're cheap, but is a definite cause for concern. Would rather spend the extra money and go w/ Polec, Aish, Beams and JMart. Incredibly higher JS and scoring potential.
Back end of the forward line could be a cause for concern, relying on two of Walsh, Nahas, Rohan and Bock to play each week.
If you're going to have Sandi in the ruck, I'd feel much safer having Longer at R3 for the extra 60k.

Ratings
D: 9.45/10
M: 7.5/10
Overall: 8/10 probably needs some work on both structure and player selection

egosbar

im sure it will get work lol
why do you think swan and ablett are 100 percent sure too go down , im not looking too make any money off them just hope they play all year and the money wont matter
heppell and waters can be so many combinations and they probably wont stay

at this stage though both ablett and swan will be in my team at start

egosbar

love waters but he is a huge risk ,

vlastuin and joel selwood instead of waters and heppell ?

Jukes

Swan dropped ~16 points in 2013, Ablett dropped ~10. They're a year older now and the youngsters around them (Thomas, Seedsman, Beams, Sidebottom, Pendles (to a lesser extent); Prestia, Swallow, Bennell, O'Meara) have a year more of experience and both sides have added gun youngsters (Adams, Martin, Kolojdashnij) to their midfields. They'll keep getting a lower share of possession, spend more time up forward or on the bench, and not be looked to every time.

Quote from: egosbar on December 16, 2013, 08:09:07 PM
love waters but he is a huge risk ,

vlastuin and joel selwood instead of waters and heppell ?

Keep Waters for the time being. If he has an injury-free pre-season, stick with him. I'd trade Heppell to Cotchin or Murphy.

T Dog

Hey Jukes...still piecing a team together. Is Hogan a must have? Have DPP as a priority as you can see.

TEAM NAME: Team T Dawg
DEF: S. Mitchell, J. Bartel, H. Shaw, M. Suckling, L. McDonald, M. Buntine (E. Wood, T. Curran)
MID: D. Swan, J. Selwood, D. Beams, P. Hanley, M. Murphy, D. Thomas, J. Martin, D. Tyson (R. Knight, M. Honeychurch)
RUC: T. Bellchambers, B. Grundy (B. Longer, D. Currie)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, T. Cloke, D. Zorko, M. Clark, A. Fasolo (N. Bock, F. Thurlow)
CASH LEFT: $11,200

Jukes

Quote from: T Dog on December 17, 2013, 02:53:17 PM
Hey Jukes...still piecing a team together. Is Hogan a must have? Have DPP as a priority as you can see.

TEAM NAME: Team T Dawg
DEF: S. Mitchell, J. Bartel, H. Shaw, M. Suckling, L. McDonald, M. Buntine (E. Wood, T. Curran)
MID: D. Swan, J. Selwood, D. Beams, P. Hanley, M. Murphy, D. Thomas, J. Martin, D. Tyson (R. Knight, M. Honeychurch)
RUC: T. Bellchambers, B. Grundy (B. Longer, D. Currie)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, T. Cloke, D. Zorko, M. Clark, A. Fasolo (N. Bock, F. Thurlow)
CASH LEFT: $11,200

Belly and Grundy is a great ruck combo imo, and Longer back-up is handy. All in all a great ruck line imo for the $ invested.
Strong midfield, although Hanley taking up M4 could hurt when for example mine is Cotchin. Potential 20 point difference in average. The rookies/cheapies are all good, not a fan of Polec though?
Good choice of forward premos, and Clark is a gun.
Buntine is a good pick, should be in more teams.

Dislikes
DPP doesn't help that much! Hurting your team for that tiny bit of extra cover when you have the 2 trades a week not necessary imo.
Relying on one of Fasolo (JS), Bock (JS and injury) and Thurlow (JS) could hurt and force a trade every so often early.

Ratings
M: 9/10
R: 8.75/10
F: 8/10
Overall: 8.4/10 good team but the focus on DPP could hurt