Jukes' Annual Feedback and Analysis Thread

Started by Jukes, November 25, 2013, 09:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Quote from: NigeyS on November 26, 2013, 02:49:07 PM
TEAM NAME: The Kewlest Cats
DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Thompson, M. Hibberd, S. Hurn, M. Scharenberg, T. Barrass (T. Cutler, M. Fuller)
MID: J. Selwood, T. Liberatore, T. Cotchin, D. Prestia, D. Beams, D. Tyson, M. Crouch, J. Martin (P. Cripps, L. Dunstan)
RUC: S. Mumford, M. Lobbe (L. McBean, T. Nankervis)
FWD: T. Rockliff, N. Riewoldt, D. Martin, J. Gunston, J. Kennedy-Harris, B. Lennon (J. Hogan, J. Impey)
CASH LEFT: $265,500

My sc knowledge for 2014 is a bit limited atm, but I'll give it a try;

Can't fault any of your premo selections- all good selections at this stage (I think)
Has three Claremont boys in there :P Hoges, JMart and Barrass

Dislikes
I'd be worried about having to play one of Barrass, Cutler and Fuller every week.
Making me apply my limited SC knowledge :3

Suggestions
Cutler or Fuller to Docherty and Cripps to Aish with that $$$ left over.

D: 7.8/10
M: 8.75/10
R: 9.11/10
F: 8/10
Overall: 8.3/10ish not bad, may be inaccurate due to my lack of SC knowledge atm though.

Nige

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 26, 2013, 05:35:26 PM
Jukes, just a random thought reading through your good work.

You have mentioned Nankervis a few times as someone the boys should have. Any reason?

Almost zero chance he plays round one, and would be very long odds to get more than 3 games next season, depending on injuries
My question to you - a Swans fan: Who, not including the guys who can pinch hit like K-Tippz, is the No.2 ruck behind Pyke Mike?

Nige

Quote from: Jukes on November 26, 2013, 05:36:52 PM

Can't fault any of your premo selections- all good selections at this stage (I think)

Dislikes
I'd be worried about having to play one of Barrass, Cutler and Fuller every week.

Suggestions

Overall: 8.3/10ish not bad, may be inaccurate due to my lack of SC knowledge atm though.
Cheerz.

I forgot to include Suckers and Daisy. They'll both come in at the expense of a backline rookie and NRoo respectively.

Jukes

Quote from: Levis43 on November 26, 2013, 03:37:50 PM
TEAM NAME: Straight Edge 31
DEF: J. Bartel, P. Hanley, G. Birchall, P. Seedsman, B. Waters, M. Suckling (Z. Jones, J. Kolodjashnij)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, J. Watson, C. Masten, T. Cotchin, M. Murphy, D. Beams, J. Aish, M. Crouch (J. Martin, P. Cripps)
RUC: T. Hickey, A. Sandilands (L. McBean, R. Lobb)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Naitanui, P. Chapman, D. Thomas, S. Higgins, B. Lennon (J. Hogan, J. Kennedy-Harris)
CASH LEFT: $227,000

Chappy is a good pick :D you have 5 of my 7 players-to-have-for-a-good-rating in Chappy, JMart, Hoges, Watto and Seedsy
Good plan with Hickey and Longer, I'll probably do the same if not upgrade to a premo.
Few solid unique-ish guys in (aside from Chappy and Seedsy) Higgins, Masten and Hanley, haven't seen them in that many sides but they probably won't disappoint you for what you're investing in them.
Structurally sound- won't be screwed over by an injury or two, apart from in the ruck where a trade burned is necessary.

Dislikes
Ablett, need I say more?
I've also developed my thoughts on Sandi in past posts.

Suggestions
Although you won't, I'd convert Ablett and Sandi to Libba and Grundy or something.

Ratings
D: 9/10
M: 9.25/10
R: 7/10
F: 7.75/10
Overall: 8.41/10 very nice team apart from those couple of blemishes I discussed earlier, which you probably won't choose to correct and I respect that decision.

Jukes

Quote from: NigeyS on November 26, 2013, 05:38:25 PM

You have mentioned Nankervis a few times as someone the boys should have. Any reason?

Almost zero chance he plays round one, and would be very long odds to get more than 3 games next season, depending on injuries
My question to you - a Swans fan: Who, not including the guys who can pinch hit like K-Tippz, is the No.2 ruck behind Pyke Mike?

This is what I thought, with Mummy going I've always thought that if swans pick up a ruckman in the first couple rounds I'll get him onto my bench as he'll probably play a few games. Pretty talented guy too from what I've read.

Jukes

Quote from: NigeyS on November 26, 2013, 05:41:10 PM

Dislikes

Suggestions

Cheerz.

I forgot to include Suckers and Daisy. They'll both come in at the expense of a backline rookie and NRoo respectively.

I like those changes. Brings it up to an 8.34/10 or so.

Nige

Quote from: Jukes on November 26, 2013, 05:48:06 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on November 26, 2013, 05:41:10 PM

Dislikes

Suggestions

Cheerz.

I like those changes. Brings it up to an 8.34/10 or so.
Brought up 0.04!  ;D

dtchamp

Team Name: Unknown
DEF: B.Goddard, K.Simpson, D.Stanley, R.Henderson, M.Suckling, M.Scharenberg (M.Fuller, Z.Jones)
MID: G.Ablett, S.Selwood, J.Watson, M.Murphy, D.Beams, J.Kelly, C.Beams, K.Kolodjashnij (M.Crouch, J.Martin)
RUC: N.Naitanui, S.Mumford (T.Nankervis, M.Apeness)
FWD: T.Rockliff, C.Wingard, L.Franklin, D.Thomas, V.Michie, P.Karnezis (B.Lennon, J.Hogan)

Cash Left: $95,100

SydneyRox

Pyke rucks as the Number 1. Tippett works as the resting ruck support. We also have LRT who would be best 22 when fit.

The rest of the guys may get a game when form warrants, but certainly not enough to pick in a fantasy team.

Nige

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 26, 2013, 06:57:53 PM

Pyke rucks as the Number 1. Tippett works as the resting ruck support. We also have LRT who would be best 22 when fit.

The rest of the guys may get a game when form warrants, but certainly not enough to pick in a fantasy team.
Didn't answer the question though mate.

Which of the Swans' pure rucks are second in line? Naismith, Nankervis, Derickx?

Toga

Would love your thoughts on this Jukesy! :)

Round 8 Bye, Round 9 Bye, Round 10 Bye

DEF: J. McVeigh, P. Hanley, G. Birchall, B. Waters, M. Suckling, T. Clurey (T. Cutler, M. Fuller)

MID: S. Pendlebury, N. Fyfe, T. Cotchin, M. Murphy, D. Beams, J. Aish, L. McDonald, D. Sheed (M. Crouch, J. Martin)

RUC: S. Mumford, N. Naitanui (L. McBean, T. Nankervis)

FWD: T. Rockliff, D. Martin, C. Wingard, A. Christensen, D. Thomas, J. Hogan (S. Kersten, B. Lennon)

Salary Cap: $1,000

SydneyRox

Quote from: NigeyS on November 26, 2013, 07:04:05 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on November 26, 2013, 06:57:53 PM

Didn't answer the question though mate.

Which of the Swans' pure rucks are second in line? Naismith, Nankervis, Derickx?

You would think Derickx, Naismith *, Nankervis, Mitchell would be the order right now.

Derickx might be a spud, he is a full sized guy, used to playing against bigger bodies. He was taken for depth, but in 6months time will be based on form, so Nank is more of a chance.

* I put Naismith in front of Nank even though he is rookie listed so elevation is required, which means Nank is effectively fighting Derickx to be #2 ruck.

But unless Pyke goes down, dont see us running with two full time ruck spots like we have been doing.

Toga

I'd almost rate Nankervis as the lock in #2 ruck at the Swans (from an outsider's perspective). Remember he is a year older than all the other draftees this year, was the dominant ruck at the championships.

Will probably be in competition with Derrickx but the team selectors won't be able to spell his name so Nank is a lock in tbh :P

Jukes

Quote from: dtchamp on November 26, 2013, 06:35:36 PM
Team Name: Unknown
DEF: B.Goddard, K.Simpson, D.Stanley, R.Henderson, M.Suckling, M.Scharenberg (M.Fuller, Z.Jones)
MID: G.Ablett, S.Selwood, J.Watson, M.Murphy, D.Beams, J.Kelly, C.Beams, K.Kolodjashnij (M.Crouch, J.Martin)
RUC: N.Naitanui, S.Mumford (T.Nankervis, M.Apeness)
FWD: T.Rockliff, C.Wingard, L.Franklin, D.Thomas, V.Michie, P.Karnezis (B.Lennon, J.Hogan)

Cash Left: $95,100

The two-premo ruck is a lot better and safer than everybody else risking it on HamMac, Sandi, Grundy, Longer etc.
Can't fault most of your player selections, both rookie and premium, only one real spud pick (see Dislikes section)

Dislikes
Ablett. I won't bother elaborating.
I'd probably prefer Aish or Beams than Kelly.

Ratings
D: 8.88/10
M: 8/10
R: 9.5/10
Overall: 8.33/10 pretty nice team, faults are limited but it's not that eye-catching.

Jukes

Quote from: Toga on November 26, 2013, 07:12:32 PM
Would love your thoughts on this Jukesy! :)

Round 8 Bye, Round 9 Bye, Round 10 Bye

DEF: J. McVeigh, P. Hanley, G. Birchall, B. Waters, M. Suckling, T. Clurey (T. Cutler, M. Fuller)

MID: S. Pendlebury, N. Fyfe, T. Cotchin, M. Murphy, D. Beams, J. Aish, L. McDonald, D. Sheed (M. Crouch, J. Martin)

RUC: S. Mumford, N. Naitanui (L. McBean, T. Nankervis)

FWD: T. Rockliff, D. Martin, C. Wingard, A. Christensen, D. Thomas, J. Hogan (S. Kersten, B. Lennon)

Salary Cap: $1,000

I don't adjust my ratings for bye strategy, so no need to include that stuff it just makes it more confusing to look at :P

No complaints with any of the premium selections
Three of the lines look safe in terms of depth (on the other, see dislikes)

Dislikes
Are you really sure you want to be playing one of Clurey, Cutler and Fuller every week?
Christensen over Buddy?
No bombers players? This isn't going to work out great...

Ratings
D: 7/10
M: 9/10
R: 9.5/10
F: 8.5/10
Overall: 8.45/10 very nice team, just get some of Watson, Chappy, Stants or Dys in there!