Jukes' Annual Feedback and Analysis Thread

Started by Jukes, November 25, 2013, 09:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Missed this one by mistake!

Quote from: oc16 on November 25, 2013, 09:59:48 PM
TEAM NAME: the COlts
DEF: K. Simpson, D. Stanley, G. Birchall, T. Greene, M. Suckling, M. Scharenberg (W. Langford, D. Gardiner)
MID: D. Swan, S. Selwood, J. Selwood, T. Liberatore, D. Beams, D. Tyson, C. Beams, L. McDonald (J. Martin, L. Taylor)
RUC: H. McIntosh, A. Sandilands (L. McBean, R. Lobb)
FWD: T. Rockliff, D. Martin, A. Christensen, P. Chapman, D. Thomas, V. Michie (J. Hogan, D. Markworth)
CASH LEFT: $51,100

go hard but not too hard on it
cheers

Selwood and Beams brothers in the midfield is nice to see :P
Nice defence- Greene and Stanley could really form the backbone of your backline if they fulfill their potential for 2013, and at cheap prices too.

Dislikes
Not a fan of that ruckline at all. McIntosh and Sandi are injury prone and aging- will there even be a full-time rucking role in their sides, with the rise of Blicavs, West, Vardy, Simpson, Clarke, Griffen and Moller, while Lobb won't get games behind Mummy and Giles unless one goes down (as I said before, if that happens, jump on!). Could really hurt you if it falls apart.
Markworth not going to be great imo. Would prefer Lennon, Menzel or Varcoe.

Suggestions
Changing that ruck line! How you get the cash is up to you. I'd personally go sideways to a couple of young guns, the opposite of Sandi and HamMac, in Grundy and Longer.
Lobb to Nankervis, not really that necessary though.
Markworth to one of those guys I mentioned above.

DEF: K. Simpson, D. Stanley, G. Birchall, T. Greene, M. Suckling, M. Scharenberg (W. Langford, D. Gardiner)
MID: D. Swan, S. Selwood, J. Selwood, T. Liberatore, D. Beams, D. Tyson, C. Beams, L. McDonald (J. Martin, L. Taylor)
RUC: H. McIntosh, A. Sandilands (L. McBean, R. Lobb)
FWD: T. Rockliff, D. Martin, A. Christensen, P. Chapman, D. Thomas, V. Michie (J. Hogan, D. Markworth)

Ratings
D: 8.75/10
M: 8/10
R: 6/10
F: 8.2/10
Overall: 8.15/10 that ruckline really hurts this rating imo.

stew42

Cheers mate, I probably will go for a Bomber backman, I'm just not confident that Heppell and Goddard will keep their Def status, and I'm not the biggest fan of Hibberd at that price. What are your thought on Pavlich next year? I reckon he should step up towards a 90 average, esp with Gumby taking a bit of attention away from him.

Jukes

Quote from: stew42 on November 25, 2013, 10:36:41 PM
Cheers mate, I probably will go for a Bomber backman, I'm just not confident that Heppell and Goddard will keep their Def status, and I'm not the biggest fan of Hibberd at that price. What are your thought on Pavlich next year? I reckon he should step up towards a 90 average, esp with Gumby taking a bit of attention away from him.

At 406k he's an alright deal and certainly has things going for him, but I'd prefer guys like Buddy, Daisy and Chappy in that price range. Not the worst pick.

kilbluff1985

TEAM NAME: figjam
DEF: J. Bartel, K. Simpson, G. Birchall, M. Suckling, M. Scharenberg, A. Browne (W. Hams, J. Kolodjashnij)
MID: S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood, K. Jack, J. Watson, N. Fyfe, D. Beams, J. Aish, D. Sheed (J. Martin, L. Dunstan)
RUC: W. Minson, A. Sandilands (D. Currie, L. McBean)
FWD: T. Rockliff, D. Martin, J. Lewis, D. Thomas, V. Michie, J. Hogan (S. Kersten, M. Thorp)
CASH LEFT: $58,300

Jukes

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 26, 2013, 01:33:51 AM
DEF: J. Bartel, K. Simpson, G. Birchall, M. Suckling, M. Scharenberg, A. Browne (W. Hams, J. Kolodjashnij)
MID: S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood, K. Jack, J. Watson, N. Fyfe, D. Beams, J. Aish, D. Sheed (J. Martin, L. Dunstan)
FWD: T. Rockliff, D. Martin, J. Lewis, D. Thomas, V. Michie, J. Hogan (S. Kersten, M. Thorp)
CASH LEFT: $58,300

Super midfield- 6 guns, 2 gun rooks and 2 good rooks.
Lewis, Minson and Jack aren't in too many teams but could improve a bit from their already premo status.

Dislikes
The backline- no real bad selections, but wouldn't be happy with three iffy rooks who won't get that many games tbh, you'll have to play one every week. Why I've gone with 6 guns/mid-pricers and Scharenberg on the bench for cover.
I've developed my distrust for Sandi in recent reviews.

Suggestions
There's a lot of things you could do to make that backline better. I'd look to bring in about 150k to upgrade either Hams, Browne or Kolo to a mid-pricer such as Docherty or Darley, or maybe even right up to a guy like Waters. How you get this cash is the question. Downgrading a midfield gun to a mid-pricer such as Chapman or Murphy could work, or maybe even down to an expensive rook or cheap guy such as Billings, Kelly, Tyson or C. Beams so that you can fix another area, like Sandi up to a premo.

Ratings
D: 7/10
M: 9.5/10
R: 7.75/10
F: 7.75/10
Overall: 8.36/10 very nice team overall, that midfield will generate a lot of points every week, but that backline end might leave you with a low scoring player and/or donut some weeks early on.

kilbluff1985

DEF: J. Bartel, B. Houli, K. Simpson, G. Birchall, M. Suckling, S. Docherty (M. Scharenberg, A. Browne)
MID: S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood, J. Watson, D. Beams, S. Savage, D. Tyson, J. Aish, D. Sheed (J. Martin, L. Dunstan)
CASH LEFT: $87,000

Thanks mate do you like this better?

i read you don't like Tyson but for the price is hard to resist

Jukes

You didn't have to do what I suggested exactly :P

yeah I like it, although what matters more is if you like it or not!

kilbluff1985

lol i had a poor year in DT this year not even sure if i'll do it next year confidence not very high

much better at SC

jason100

TEAM NAME: For the Flag 2014
DEF: J. McVeigh, B. Houli, K. Simpson, T. Greene, B. Waters, M. Suckling (N. Bock, M. Scharenberg)
MID: D. Swan, J. Watson, T. Liberatore, D. Beams, M. Crouch, J. Martin, D. Sheed, J. Kelly (J. Polec, L. McDonald)
RUC: H. McIntosh, A. Sandilands (R. Lobb, T. Nankervis)
FWD: S. Johnson, T. Rockliff, M. LeCras, P. Chapman, D. Thomas, V. Michie (J. Hogan, A. Fasolo)
CASH LEFT: $2,100
There are lots of good rooks in the mids so that's why I've got so many in there. Not too many in the fwd's and back's though. My bye structure is 11/11/8 :)
My reasoning for my POD's -
Houli - Had a rubbish start scoring 54 and 38, apart from that averaged 95 and thus is underpriced
Liberatrore - Dunno if he's unique but he had a great end to the year
Lecras - Played most of the year in pain with his arm having protection on it, had a bad year in front of the sticks and has an easy draw early on!!! Lock
Thoughts

bchris

TEAM NAME: superdooper
DEF: D. Heppell, B. Gibbs, P. Hanley, B. Waters, S. Docherty, M. Scharenberg (D. Gardiner, Z. Jones)
MID: S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood, P. Dangerfield, T. Cotchin, D. Beams, J. Billings, J. Aish, J. Polec (M. Crouch, A. Morabito)
RUC: B. McEvoy, H. McIntosh (S. Michael, D. Currie)
FWD: S. Johnson, T. Rockliff, L. Franklin, D. Thomas, P. Karnezis, V. Michie (B. Lennon, J. Hogan)
CASH LEFT: $11,800

I know its risky not starting with either swan or ablett but i think it allows to put more money in other lines.

Nige

TEAM NAME: The Kewlest Cats
DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Thompson, M. Hibberd, S. Hurn, M. Scharenberg, T. Barrass (T. Cutler, M. Fuller)
MID: J. Selwood, T. Liberatore, T. Cotchin, D. Prestia, D. Beams, D. Tyson, M. Crouch, J. Martin (P. Cripps, L. Dunstan)
RUC: S. Mumford, M. Lobbe (L. McBean, T. Nankervis)
FWD: T. Rockliff, N. Riewoldt, D. Martin, J. Gunston, J. Kennedy-Harris, B. Lennon (J. Hogan, J. Impey)
CASH LEFT: $265,500

Cheers breh.

Levis43

TEAM NAME: Straight Edge 31
DEF: J. Bartel, P. Hanley, G. Birchall, P. Seedsman, B. Waters, M. Suckling (Z. Jones, J. Kolodjashnij)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, J. Watson, C. Masten, T. Cotchin, M. Murphy, D. Beams, J. Aish, M. Crouch (J. Martin, P. Cripps)
RUC: T. Hickey, A. Sandilands (L. McBean, R. Lobb)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Naitanui, P. Chapman, D. Thomas, S. Higgins, B. Lennon (J. Hogan, J. Kennedy-Harris)
CASH LEFT: $227,000

Will swap Bartel for Mitchell if Mitchell gets DPP.
Might swap Hickey for Longer depending on who looks like the number 1 ruck in preseason.

Thanks Jukesy

Jukes

Quote from: jason100 on November 26, 2013, 01:46:49 PM
TEAM NAME: For the Flag 2014
DEF: J. McVeigh, B. Houli, K. Simpson, T. Greene, B. Waters, M. Suckling (N. Bock, M. Scharenberg)
MID: D. Swan, J. Watson, T. Liberatore, D. Beams, M. Crouch, J. Martin, D. Sheed, J. Kelly (J. Polec, L. McDonald)
FWD: S. Johnson, T. Rockliff, M. LeCras, P. Chapman, D. Thomas, V. Michie (J. Hogan, A. Fasolo)
CASH LEFT: $2,100

Very strong backline and forward lines
Long line of gun cheap mids should bring in a lot of cash.

Dislikes
I've already developed my thoughts on HamMac and Sandi in this thread.
Bock, Fasolo and Polec a bit expensive for the pine imo- I'd downgrade two of them to rooks then use that spare cash to help out elsewhere.
Even though they're a unique, a lot of players who I think there are better options for like Houli, LeCras and Greene for Heppell, Buddy and Birchall or something.

Suggestions
Can't really conform with my dislikes without undertaking major structural changes, so I'll leave this blank.

Ratings
D: 9.25/10
M: 8.3/10
R: 6.5/10
F: 8.5/10
Overall: 8.4/10 nice team but not a fan of the structure.

Jukes

Quote from: bchris on November 26, 2013, 02:39:01 PM
TEAM NAME: superdooper
DEF: D. Heppell, B. Gibbs, P. Hanley, B. Waters, S. Docherty, M. Scharenberg (D. Gardiner, Z. Jones)
MID: S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood, P. Dangerfield, T. Cotchin, D. Beams, J. Billings, J. Aish, J. Polec (M. Crouch, A. Morabito)
RUC: B. McEvoy, H. McIntosh (S. Michael, D. Currie)
FWD: S. Johnson, T. Rockliff, L. Franklin, D. Thomas, P. Karnezis, V. Michie (B. Lennon, J. Hogan)
CASH LEFT: $11,800

I know its risky not starting with either swan or ablett but i think it allows to put more money in other lines.

In relation to your part about no Swan or Ablett, it's a plus for your team! They'll both decrease in average.
Nice midfield, but no Jack Martin!?!?!? He's a flowering superstar mate, future Brownlow medallist.
Can't fault your structure, no real weaknesses.
Big Boy could be a great unique if the Hawks utilise him correctly.

Dislikes
As aforementioned, no JMart :P
I'm not sold on HamMac having strong fantasy value.
It's one of those teams with no faults, but doesn't really catch your eye when you look at it.

Suggestions
Jack Martin in! Probably for Morabito.

Ratings
D: 9/10
M: 9/10
R: 7.5/10
F: 8/10
Overall: 8.4/10 very nice team imo

SydneyRox

Jukes, just a random thought reading through your good work.

You have mentioned Nankervis a few times as someone the boys should have. Any reason?

Almost zero chance he plays round one, and would be very long odds to get more than 3 games next season, depending on injuries