AF 2014 Profile: Clinton Young

Started by Football Factory, November 24, 2013, 11:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Position: Midfield

Drafted: Round 2, Pick #18 2004 Rookie Draft, Hawthorn

Last Drafted By: Collingwood 

Collingwood 2014 Fixture:

FRE, SYD, GEE, RIC, NTH, ESS, CAR, BYE, ADE, WC, STK, MEL, WB, HAW, CAR, GC, ESS, ADE, PORT, WC, BRI, GWS, HAW

2014 Club by Club Fixture:  http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,87464.0.html

HISTORY:

A long kicking, hard running left footer, Young is a product of Minyip in western Victoria best known for his rise from the rookie list to play a vital role in Hawthorn's startling victory in the 2008 Grand Final.

Young arrived at Glenferrie Oval at the end of 2004 but before long had proven his worth at VFL level and was promoted into the senior side midway through his first season.

After steady progress in 2006, Young cemented himself in the Hawks' best 22 the following year when he played 23 games including both of Hawthorn's finals.

Young joined Collingwood after a fine 2012 season in which he played 20 of a possible 25 games including the Hawks' Grand Final loss to Sydney.

As we look towards 2014, Young is still a virtual recruit. He played only two games in his first season meaning that his teammates and supporters alike will still be viewing him with fresh eyes. We all saw how damaging Hawthorns foot skills were in the Grand Final, so to get a full season out of Young and his left foot is something to whet the appetite.

SUMMARY:

If Young can remain injury free and get a full pre-season he could prove to be a good money earner early. Young is valued at $201,300 in the 2014 FanPlanner after a 30% discount.

Will he go straight into the team or will he have to prove himself in the VFL first, Collingwoods early games wont help his chances of making anyones team playing Freo,Sydney and Geelong in the first 3 games.

PLAYER PROFILE UPDATE:  24/12/2013 ... Young is valued at $218,300 and is still a good option if named round 1 unless you prefer the likes of ..Michie, Tyson, C.Beams, J.Martin etc ..

Related News Articles:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-30/your-clubs-best-22-for-round-one-part-one

KoopKicka

Too many other options around that price including Tyson.  A no from me but you could do much worse.

Ricochet

On a shortlist for my team. Really like that price for that he can produce.

Levis43

I think he can do really well this upcoming season but I won't be having him in my team :(

stew42

POST 2014 ROOKIE UPDATES
He's basically a rookie now. If he's given a chance early, then he's in.

Jroo

He's cheap yes, but I don't know if I can trust his body. I guess I'll consider him.

Money

With the amount of R10 byes that are finding their way into my team he is now looking like a juicy option

_wato

Yeah looking like a starter for me. Apparently is smashing preseason and is ready to give this year a good crack.