Main Menu

Hawthorn's Next Captain?

Started by Mr.Craig, November 23, 2013, 10:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

With the likes of Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis in the twilight of their careers who do you think is the best positioned to take over the reins?

tbagrocks

The roughest head around? Roughead the man

kilbluff1985

yeah Roughy came to mind i voted Birchall though

Jroo

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 23, 2013, 10:40:44 PM
yeah Roughy came to mind i voted Birchall though
Yeah hard to tell. I'd pick Birchall from that lot too, as he's the best player. Not sure about his leadership though.

Rusty00

Roughead is pretty much the same age as Lewis and Lewis would be my pick out of those two.

Not sure who out of the next generation below that though.

Mr.Craig

I thought about Roughy but by the time Hodge retires he'll probably only have a couple of years left himself. That might look at someone younger who can hold the role for a good 4-5 years.

Does anyone actually know who is in our leadership group right now? I had a look around but couldn't find anything.

specky92

If Isaac Smith leadership is half his work rate he'll be a great captain, seems to have the perfect attitude for an AFL footballer

Scrads

Hodge might not captain right until the end, I wouldn't be surprised if he handed over to Jordan Lewis after 2014.

JBs-Hawks

Vinny

Dayle Garlett M8.

Haha but seriously, I don't know anything about their leadership group. But Smith seems a good fit, like Speck said. Good work rate and is improving very quickly. :)

quinny88

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 23, 2013, 10:34:22 PM
With the likes of Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis in the twilight of their careers who do you think is the best positioned to take over the reins?

Lewis might look like an old man but he's only 27. I would think he will be next captain

Nige

Ricochet

Saints did talk up McEvoy's leadership qualities