Main Menu

Draftees ready to go in Round 1 2014?

Started by T Dog, November 22, 2013, 11:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

What do people think about Patty Cripps? Does he get a look in with the Carlton midfield straight away? Would be good for my AXV team :X

Nige

Quote from: BB67th on November 26, 2013, 06:57:14 PM
What do people think about Patty Cripps? Does he get a look in with the Carlton midfield straight away? Would be good for my AXV team :X
I reckon he'd be a chance depending on how well he goes in preseason.

SydneyRox

Quote from: BB67th on November 26, 2013, 06:57:14 PM

Surely they cant call him Diesel and then play him in the two's  :o

Noz

We have had one of the best of seasons in the AFL for the second straight year.

Mitch Harvey could slot straight into the team but will more thank likely take the same pathway as Mason Shaw, Shaw is yet to play a game and will play next year.

If Sam Lloyd gets elevated than he should be in everyones fantasy teams.

Nige

Quote from: Noz on December 02, 2013, 10:50:32 AM

Mitch Harvey could slot straight into the team but will more thank likely take the same pathway as Mason Shaw, Shaw is yet to play a game and will play next year.

Sam Lloyd - the now Richmond player?

He's on the senior list.

Noz

Quote from: NigeyS on December 02, 2013, 10:51:57 AM

He's on the senior list.

Flower i meant Sam Gray, Lloyd is a spud

Nige

Quote from: Noz on December 02, 2013, 10:53:10 AM

He's on the senior list.

Haha, yeah. I thought you might have.

Sam Lloyd once kicked 110 goals in a season, can't be too spudly.  ;)

Noz

Quote from: NigeyS on December 02, 2013, 11:01:57 AM
Quote from: Noz on December 02, 2013, 10:53:10 AM

He's on the senior list.

Haha, yeah. I thought you might have.

Sam Lloyd once kicked 110 goals in a season, can't be too spudly.  ;)

Yeah in the MFL which is a pretty strong lead considering his the first AFL player to be drafted from the MFL in 20+ years. He won't be able to handle the AFL pressure and he will be back kicking bags of goals in the MFL in 2 years.

Ziplock

Kelly should get a run in R1, but will probably be the sub.

Despite popular opinion, I'm not 100% sold that Boyd will also be starting R1, I feel like the giants might want to try using Giles as the 3rd tall to Cameron and Patton (if fit).

Wtf is the MFL?

Noz

Ziplock

It does look pretty small time.

That being said, give him a chance :P For all we know, he might become the greatest AFL players ever... it's possible that he physically couldn't have kicked more than 110 goals afterall :P

quinny88

Loyd wasn't drafted from the MFL. He played there as a teenager.. He was drafted from the dolphins in the VFL where he kicked nearly 40 goals in 17 games.

Noz

Quote from: quinny88 on December 02, 2013, 02:13:21 PM
Loyd wasn't drafted from the MFL. He played there as a teenager.. He was drafted from the dolphins in the VFL where he kicked nearly 40 goals in 17 games.

He first came to the VFL in 2012 where he played 3 games, This year was his first season in the VFL prior to that he played for the Deniliquin Rams in the MFL from 2011 backwards. He kicked 107 goals in 2010 when he was 20.

TeeJay

Quote from: Noz on December 02, 2013, 04:21:19 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on December 02, 2013, 02:13:21 PM

He first came to the VFL in 2012 where he played 3 games, This year was his first season in the VFL prior to that he played for the Deniliquin Rams in the MFL from 2011 backwards. He kicked 107 goals in 2010 when he was 20.

Pretty sure he played for mt Eliza in the Mpnfl in 2011 so he hasn't played in the MFL for nearly 4 years.
Regardless though he was an unprofessional kid before this year. I saw plenty of him at Frankston this season and he is a live wire and won't be surprised at all to see him do really well at AFL once he gets his fitness up

johnnytheboy1

Luke Mcdonald ,Josh Kelly & Aish should have excellent chances of playing in Round 1.