AF 2014 Profile: Dane Swan

Started by LF, November 19, 2013, 08:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Yeah I like that stat, it says something about his scoring... Since he is benched so much already and still racks up the possies he should be able to maintain a reasonable average!

Will he play more up forward with Adams coming into the team, and will it affect his scoring?

Ricochet

I think the high level of benching means he won't be rested fwd more. Don't think Pies can afford to have him spend less time in the midfield

timmyparso

Quote from: Ricochet on November 20, 2013, 09:49:52 AM
I think the high level of benching means he won't be rested fwd more. Don't think Pies can afford to have him spend less time in the midfield

The rotations are being capped at 120 next year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-27/afl-brings-in-interchange-cap-

Average player rotations was about 133 per team per game in 2013.

This to me suggests that there could be a possibility of more forward resting for Swan instead of being benched.

Just means he'll be kicking more goals. Swan scored 122 in the Elimination final against Port and played a lot of the game up forward kicking 3 goals.

Ricochet

Very good point timmy. Not sure on Pies rotation numbers but expect they would be up there as one of the higher ones

Scrads

Hey Ric, when you say 'most benched' is that by total time or by total number of visits to the bench? The couple of Collingwood games I went to I noticed he goes back onto the ground within 30-60 seconds of coming off a lot of the time (was VERY impressive).

Ricochet

Quote from: Scrads on November 20, 2013, 12:47:49 PM
Hey Ric, when you say 'most benched' is that by total time or by total number of visits to the bench? The couple of Collingwood games I went to I noticed he goes back onto the ground within 30-60 seconds of coming off a lot of the time (was VERY impressive).
Yeh number of times man.

kilbluff1985

is also still #1 in disposals per minute on the ground i think is a machine

Money

Locked in, I personally think he comes before Gary and Pendles