Cheap as Chips: Midfielders

Started by Jroo, November 18, 2013, 08:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dayze

He absolutely has not been getting the number one tag for a few years. Judd has always had it.
Only in 2013 did teams feel Judd was unworthy of the tag.
He has only attracted the hard tag in 2012 and he didn't cope well.
I admit the injuries affected him and probably the captaincy aswell.
But I believe ur midfield prems are always bound to attract a tag and u need to b certain they can handle it.
As for saying Carlton WILL improve, Im not so certain. Im sick of everyone assuming they are this sleeping juggernaut (sorry vin). Based on an elite midfield.
Carlton have holes all over there list and I predict another 9th spot finish.
Before u gasp at that, my top 8 for next year are:
Sydney
Hawks
Freo
Bombers
Collingwood
Geelong
Nth
Eagles
Leaving Carlton Richmond Adelaide port and the improving gold cst still out of the 8.

Time will tell. Murphy no doubt is underpriced, but so are danger, Jobe, cotchin and rockliff for different reasons.
The difference is the other three could b super prems, where as Murphy, until he adds a few more strings to his bow, will b premium at best...

Ricochet

Quote from: Dayze on November 20, 2013, 12:42:34 AM
He went 112 in 2012

nrich102

He absolutely has not been getting the number one tag for a few years. Judd has always had it.
But I believe ur midfield prems are always bound to attract a tag and u need to b certain they can handle it.
As for saying Carlton WILL improve, Im not so certain. Im sick of everyone assuming they are this sleeping juggernaut (sorry vin). Based on an elite midfield.
Sydney
Hawks
Freo
Bombers
Collingwood
Geelong
Nth
Eagles
Leaving Carlton Richmond Adelaide port and the improving gold cst still out of the 8.

Time will tell. Murphy no doubt is underpriced, but so are danger, Jobe, cotchin and rockliff for different reasons.
The difference is the other three could b super prems, where as Murphy, until he adds a few more strings to his bow, will b premium at best...
Lol north and eagles

_wato

Quote from: nrich102 on November 20, 2013, 06:42:20 AM
Sydney
Hawks
Freo
Bombers
Collingwood
Geelong
Nth
Eagles

Lol north and eagles

Lol at eagles not north, Richmond instead of eagles and I think you have it spot on

Dayze

Sorry bro meant 2013. My bad
Eagles with an easy draw will b there abouts.
Point being don't get too carried away with Carlton like everyone has for the last few years.

Ricochet

Yeh thought so haha. Respect your opinion but he has been copping tags from the Jones, Raines, Cornes and co for a couple of years and FF shows this if you look at his previous years. I'm not expecting top 4 from Carlton but we will see significant improvement in Mick's second year much like we saw improvement in Ross's second year. Daisy will add another bigger body to their midfield. 90% of breaking a tag comes from help from your teammates and Daisy will help here. A stronger game plan where everyone knows what is going on at all times also helps. This year the structure and game plan was new to all the players, next year it will be more settled. Ball movement will become more predictable and players will become more predictable. Meaning Marc (and other players') running patterns will be more effective in getting the ball.
Expect big improvement from a quite a few Carlton players next year

Dayze

I rate mick so I can definedly see some improvement.
I just feel like most of the Afl is improving. Going to b a very very competitive season.

Mate Murphy is a gun. U could b 100 percent right.
Anything over 105 will b a pass mark I think.
Just a bit too much doubt in my mind to feel comfortable.
Good on ya Ricco always take Ur opinions on board.

Ricochet

Fair enough mate, same goes for you