2013 Games: 14

2013 Ave: 85.3

Centuries: 5

Highs: 160 vs Geelong, 114 vs Port Adelaide, 110 vs Fremantle

Lows: 16 (subbed) vs Richmond, 53 vs Brisbane, 55 vs Carlton

FanPlanner Price: $456,400

Position: Defender/Forward

Thoughts
Henderson's average jumped an impressive 27 PPG in 2013, returning an average of 85 for the year and an even more impressive 90.6 without his sub affected 16 against the Tiges. He played the 14 games in 2013, a season that finished early for Henderson due to a knee injury ruling him out of the final three matches. However, his form leading up until that injury is well worth some airtime. In his role floating off the half-back flank, the 188cm utility averaged 24 disposals, 7.7 marks and 105.4 SC points a game from rounds 14-20. It is clear this is his favoured position and a highly effective one at that and at the age of 25, heading into his fifth season of regular AFL football, 2014 could be the year we see Henderson truly flourish.

Verdict
Im a big fan of Henderson, if he lines up across half-back through the pre-season he must be considered. He has an element of risk to him like any defender, but the upside could prove very rewarding. A lot of boxes to tick off from now until round 1 for a berth in many sides but the potential is certainly there.

Prediction

Ricochet

My only concern with Henderson is the fact that the Crows chucked him up as trade bait...

shorty3264

Quote from: Ricochet on November 18, 2013, 04:24:16 PM
My only concern with Henderson is the fact that the Crows chucked him up as trade bait...
Yeh, very good point. When I heard his named being floated around I was pretty surprised. Never a great sign, but Ryan O'Keefe was rumoured to be heading else where a few years back and has produced. One to keep an eye on.

Jroo

I like him, if he plays the same role as he did last year then I would consider him. I doubt he keeps his D/F DPP.

Vinny

I think it's too risky because he is not certain to keep the same role.

Sabretooth Tigers

:) :)   Great write up. Currently looking for a D/F to match against A Walker if he maintains his. Looking at Hendo, Hansen, and believe it or not J Watts. Roosy may just have the magic touch needed to turn Watts on. At the moment Walker is stand alone as I can't find a DPP match up yet. Cheers and all the best.    ;)    Bugger it, Henderson  has gone down back and Walker up forward. ::) ::)

shorty3264

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on November 18, 2013, 09:32:08 PM
:) :)   Great write up. Currently looking for a D/F to match against A Walker if he maintains his. Looking at Hendo, Hansen, and believe it or not J Watts. Roosy may just have the magic touch needed to turn Watts on. At the moment Walker is stand alone as I can't find a DPP match up yet. Cheers and all the best.    ;)    Bugger it, Henderson  has gone down back and Walker up forward. ::) ::)
Thanks mate
oh yep, nah agreed mate, if Watts didn't burn me last year I'd be considering, but yeh he is tempting still.
hahah, thanks. All the best.

Keeper27

LOCKED for me.

tonned up 5 times, From Rnd 14 to Rnd 20 he avg'd 105.42, includes an 85 against WCE, 3 Tons against Collingwood (106), Geelong (160) and Freo (110).

definitely one of the better value guys down back.

Rusty00

I have him at the moment, but it depends on his role this season. All his good scores came last season when he took up the rebounding half-back role after Reilly was injured. Will be interesting to see how the Crows play it with Reilly back fit again now.

shaker

Quote from: Rusty00 on January 24, 2014, 11:43:05 AM
I have him at the moment, but it depends on his role this season. All his good scores came last season when he took up the rebounding half-back role after Reilly was injured. Will be interesting to see how the Crows play it with Reilly back fit again now.

That is a very good point will wait and see how he is used in the NAB cup

batt

Hendo is definitely flying under the radar.  Almost certain to play off half back, finished 2013 on fire, going into the best years of his career, 

Brent Reilly has become a fringe player unfortunately...  so Hendo has a great chance to explode off half-back.

I really think at $460k you're not going to find anything better potential wise.  95+ a real possibility, consistency an issue. 

eaglesman

Quote from: batt on January 31, 2014, 12:05:54 AM
Hendo is definitely flying under the radar.  Almost certain to play off half back, finished 2013 on fire, going into the best years of his career, 

Brent Reilly has become a fringe player unfortunately...  so Hendo has a great chance to explode off half-back.

I really think at $460k you're not going to find anything better potential wise.  95+ a real possibility, consistency an issue.

just gave him a jumper

Bully

Quote from: batt on January 31, 2014, 12:05:54 AM

Trent McKenzie is a better option IMO, he was flying up until the last few games and I think will step up another notch this year. He's the designated kick out defender and he's generally spot on with his accuracy. The only concern would be KK sharing duties as the rebound defender, so it would be worth monitoring both players in the NAB Cup.

batt

Quote from: Bully on January 31, 2014, 12:35:59 AM
Trent McKenzie is a better option IMO, he was flying up until the last few games and I think will step up another notch this year. He's the designated kick out defender and he's generally spot on with his accuracy. The only concern would be KK sharing duties as the rebound defender, so it would be worth monitoring both players in the NAB Cup.
Has been on a modified schedule for the last month.  Won't be too long until he returns to the main group but still a little concerning.

Bully

Quote from: batt on January 31, 2014, 12:40:14 AM
Quote from: Bully on January 31, 2014, 12:35:59 AM
Has been on a modified schedule for the last month.  Won't be too long until he returns to the main group but still a little concerning.

Didn't realise, but yeah, missing preseason raises some issues.