2013 Games: 3

2013 Ave: 39

Centuries: 0

Highs: 53 vs Sydney

Lows: 21 vs Geelong

FanPlanner Price: $208,600

Position: Forward

Thoughts
After playing 37 of a possible 45 games in his first two seasons at North Melbourne, the 27th pick in the 2010 draft managed just three matches for 2013. The lack of senior footy can be put down to a mixture of injury and complacency in his game. Harper now faces a tough road to get himself back into the regular 22, more so with the Roos on the rise and the inclusion of Nick Dal Santo. Harper is a smooth moving footballer, with top class skills and is deadly around goals; however the one knock on his game that must improve is his ball winning ability. While he played every game in 2012, he averaged just 8.8 disposals a game, and in 2013 those numbers did not get much better even at VFL level. Harper will need another outstanding pre season to work his way back into the elite level, but he does have the attributes that appeal to North Melbourne and perhaps add a lacking dimension in an otherwise tall forward line.

Verdict
Too much risk involved with him, a likely type that one day may be a quality scorer, but he simply does not win enough of the ball and thats not what we want in SuperCoach. At this price he is worth casting an eye over in pre-season but at this point in time he looks very unlikely.

Prediction

Holz

If he is name round 1 you have to consider.

shorty3264

Quote from: Holzman on November 18, 2013, 03:36:23 PM
If he is name round 1 you have to consider.
Agreed Holz, picking the right one of Harper, Patton or Fasolo could make a big difference.

Ricochet

Was a lot of hype around him last preseason, unfortunately it didn't come to anything though. A wait and see for me

Jroo

I thought he would break out last year, but he really struggled this year. He needs to have a big year, I hope he does as I will be considering him.

shaker

Had him this year waste of a trade he may come good but can't see him in there best 22 maybe till Swallow returns but not for me.