MTTY's Phantom Draft + Power Rankings 2013

Started by MTTY, November 17, 2013, 02:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Nice work mate! Like the effort you put it. :)

To be honest, I don't think we should draft McCarthy nor do I think we will.

Nige

Quote from: vinny on November 19, 2013, 06:01:00 PM

Despite the fact that you lack a key forward?

specky92

kilbluff1985

Quote from: specky92 on November 20, 2013, 12:27:43 PM
Isn't next year a 'KP' draft?  ;)

they need a key forward and could prob use a key defender also anyway should use this and next years first round picks on KPP

Vinny

Quote from: NigeyS on November 20, 2013, 11:29:25 AM
Quote from: vinny on November 19, 2013, 06:01:00 PM

Despite the fact that you lack a key forward?

Yes, I think so mate. Would rather see us grab a key defender that can go from Round 1 like Gardiner and make Hendo a permanent forward, not a fan of grabbing a rookie and trying to develop him as our key forward. We should persist with Levi, he has good hands and if he gets his kicking right he is a pretty good player. Watson should lock down CHB too in 2014. Plus yes if we are desperate, we should wait till the stacked draft of next year. A player I wouldn't mind, is Mitch Thorp as a replacement for Waite, maybe take him with our later pick.

MTTY

Have now updated my front page (You'll notice i've also taken out the mid section, on who I think teams would take based on needs etc. )

Justin Bieber

How will Kelly drop to 7? That's about impossible.

Jroo

Quote from: whatlez on November 21, 2013, 11:38:30 AM
Yeah I agree with Lez, hard to see him getting past pick two, the Giants love him.

SydneyRox

Quote from: JROO8 on November 21, 2013, 11:45:32 AM
Yeah I agree with Lez, hard to see him getting past pick two, the Giants love him.

And if the Giants do pull a massive surprise and not select him the chances both Saints and dogs pass on hims in zero.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: JROO8 on November 21, 2013, 11:45:32 AM
On the AFL website they have already looked him in lol

Purple 77

Would you personally like melbourne to draft Salem MTTY? I don't know why, but he is the only guy I don't want lol

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 21, 2013, 01:15:18 PM
Would you personally like melbourne to draft Salem MTTY? I don't know why, but he is the only guy I don't want lol

A damaging outside player with good evasive skills, and we need someone to complement Toumpas and Blease. I get that he's a bit light (needs a preseason) at the moment, but what don't you like about him? - Personally, I think Melbourne might come out of nowhere and take a Dunstan or Acres. Probably way off but I just got a feeling.

MTTY

@ Lez and Syd-

I'm of the view that Kelly won't go to the Giants, they have not come out once and said they will take him. All of this hype around him being taken has come from them being a huge fan of him. He may very well end up being taken at 1 or 2, but i'm of the view that GWS only traded for pick 2, so they could take Scharenberg.

I also believe that Kelly not going at 2, will have no effect on who the Saints and GC take, as I personally believe they will take (and have already locked in) Billings and Kolodjashnij respectively. May go to the Bulldogs, but word is they are keen on taking something different, in Bontempelli.

@ Purple

I think we'll take him. I do like him, but no as much as some others e.g. Acres, Kolodjashnij (who shouldn't be available at our pick) or Freeman.

Personally I hope Big Mac's right and we go left field for someone like Acres. I repeat though I do not want us to use such a high pick on Jones.

The thing i've liked about the Roos regime is that no information gets leeked out, expect if we purposely want it to or are forced to e.g. Scharenberg.

Based on that ^ I think its very possible we could take a left field pick, that no-one expects.

If I were Melbourne, i'd take Sheed (if available).

Purple 77

Ah well, it was Salem in the end  :-X

I dunno, he just doesn't appeal to me. There is no real/logical reason why I don't like him, I just don't  :P

But if comes in round 1 and smashes 2014, then I will readily take everything back haha

tbagrocks

What would be impossible if James Aish dropped to #7  Oh wait ......

Stupid bias moron recruiters  ::)