MTTY's Phantom Draft + Power Rankings 2013

Started by MTTY, November 17, 2013, 02:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

I'll be posting up my prediction on how the 2013 opening round of the AFL National Draft will go. Also I have added my 2013 power rankings (the order i'd be taking players/who I think will turn out to be the best players) for the top 25.

Power Rankings

1. Jack Martin (Gold Coast Minidraft #1 selection)

2. Jesse Hogan (Melbourne Minidraft #2 selection)

3. James Aish

4. Tom Boyd

5. Luke McDonald (North Melbourne F/S selection)

6. Kade Kolodjashnij

7. Jack Billings

8. Dominic Sheed

9. Christian Salem

10. Matt Scharenberg

11. Blake Acres

12. Nathan Freeman

13. Matt Crouch

14. Lewis Taylor

15. Mitch Harvey

16. Luke Dunstan

17. Josh Kelly

18. Marcus Bontempelli

19. Zac Merrett

20. Ben Lennon

21. Trent Dumont

22. Lloyd Perris

23. Patrick Cripps

24. Darcy Gardiner

25. Dayle Garlett

Phantom Draft

ORDER:

# Team - Player

1. GWS - Tom Boyd

2. GWS - Matt Scharenberg

3. St. Kilda - Jack Billings

4. Western Bulldogs - Marcus Bontempelli

5. Gold Coast - Kade Kolodjashnij

6. Collingwood - James Aish

7. Brisbane - Josh Kelly

8. North Melbourne - Luke McDonald

9. Melbourne - Christian Salem

10. Collingwood - Nathan Freeman

11. West Coast - Dom Sheed

12. Richmond - Ben Lennon

13. Carlton - Patrick Cripps

14. Greater Western Sydney - Lewis Taylor

15. Sydney Swans - Zac Merrett

16. Geelong - Blake Acres

17. Fremantle - Cameron McCarthy

18. St. Kilda - Trent Dumont

19. St. Kilda - Billy Hartung

20. Gold Coast - Eli Templeton

Jroo

Nice work! Saints would be rapt with Kelly at 3.

Toga

Nige

Very interesting MTTY.

Giants have made no secret of their love for Josh Kelly even before they had Pick 2. GWS selecting Kelly is a foregone conclusion imo.

Purple 77

Great read MTTY :)

I for one am not a huge fan of Salem, so I sort of hope we don't pick him lol

I entered into that facebook competition Melbourne has, where, if you pick the guy we pick at 9 correctly, you go in the running to win a signed guernsey by that guy.

I chose Freeman

Nige

Oh... and I also think there is a snowball's chance in hell of Collingwood getting Billings at 10.

specky92

Hard to see Dogs and Saints going past Billings, but other than that, looks pretty good

Ringo

Also hard to see Lennon slipping to 12 with a few clubs higher up showing interest.

Toga

Quote from: Ringo on November 17, 2013, 03:39:28 PM
Also hard to see Lennon slipping to 12 with a few clubs higher up showing interest.

That's been the talk of the town though Ringo, seems like given the late bolters etc it's not hard to see Lennon slip down to #12! :o

Spinking

Like those calls MTTY. Would be wrapt if Kelly gets to 3, but think it is unlikely  :(

MTTY

Thanks Guys!

I see Billings as being the massive slider and also think GWS will definitely take Scharenberg, despite reports of Kelly to the contrary.

Jukes

Top two in the power rankings both Claremont boys, what a surprise :3

Dayle Garlett 25th in your power rankings...he's in my top 10 on talent. Has 2 and a half very good wafl seasons under his belt already, should slot into most sides straight away- hopefully bombers at 26.

Good stuff matty

TheAnt

Billings won't slide, he's a top 5 prospect and he's been that all year.

MTTY

Quote from: Jukes on November 17, 2013, 06:49:51 PM
Top two in the power rankings both Claremont boys, what a surprise :3

Dayle Garlett 25th in your power rankings...he's in my top 10 on talent. Has 2 and a half very good wafl seasons under his belt already, should slot into most sides straight away- hopefully bombers at 26.

Good stuff matty

Cheers Jukes,

Garlett would be much higher, but I have taken into account who will be the best players (which takes into account possible delisting of fallouts due to behaviour.) I believe he's over his problems, to a degree, but he still has had problems, while most of those ahead of him have not.

I'd very much like to see him drafted and I think he will be within the first two rounds.

MTTY

Quote from: TheAnt on November 17, 2013, 06:55:03 PM
Billings won't slide, he's a top 5 prospect and he's been that all year.

Just my opinion on it. The reason for the slide, in my opinion, will be that Scharenberg, if he goes at 2, will cause a massive re-shuffle. This will mean Kelly's available to the Saints, I think the Dogs have locked in Bontempelli (so won't affect them), Kolodjashnij locked in for GC, Collingwood a chance to take Billings but I believe they'd prefer Freeman's pace, Brisbane will have Aish available to them, while Melbourne will pick a mature bodied mid.