AF 2014 Profile: Jed Lamb

Started by Football Factory, November 16, 2013, 01:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Position: Forward

Last Drafted: Round 1, Pick #21 2010 National Draft, Sydney

Club: GWS

HISTORY:

He was recruited by Sydney from the Gippsland Power in the TAC Cup with the 21st selection in the 2010 AFL Draft. Has struggled to make the best 22 in a very good Sydney Swans list has had some hamstring problems which hasn't helped. He was used more through the midfiled in the NEAFL in 2012, demonstrating the pace and clean hands that made him a first round draft pick. He improved infront of goal and had given every indication he was ready for senior football with the Swans. Only played 12 games in 2013 and decided to leave the Swans for more opportunity at another club choosing GWS.

SUMMARY:

Lamb was a first round draft pick and has moved to GWS to gain more game time. With a good pre-season he could easily be in the GWS best 22 and after averaging 45 he has a fanplanner price of $243,600. Does Lamb represent value as a midpricer in the forward line in 2014 ? .. maybe but who will take the risk, there seems to be a few players ahead of him with cheap forwards like Michie, Karnezis, Hogan, Thorp etc. After making this profile i don't think he will be fantasy relevant depending on what his actual price will be in 2014.

PLAYER PROFILE UPDATE:  24/12/2013 ... Priced at $243,300 once again there are too many other cheap/cheaper forwards to pick from that will probably score better.

GWS 2014 fixture:

SYD, STK, MEL, WB, ADE, GC, PORT, WC, BYE, RIC, HAW, ESS, BRI, CAR, SYD, ADE, FRE, GEE, RIC, NTH, MEL, COL, WB

Club by Club Fixture:  http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,87464.0.html

pommyadam

no from me
Cameron, Patton and Boyd are all in his way as a FWD (GWS won't drop Cameron - and Boyd and Patton will both rotate methinks)

he may increase his average to 60 (at a push) but won't be enough for me to start (given a 240k price), or a viable cash cow
would rather take Karnezis (who i think will get regular games at C'wood) or Michie (also will get regular games)

kilbluff1985

Quote from: pommyadam on November 16, 2013, 02:25:54 PM
no from me
Cameron, Patton and Boyd are all in his way as a FWD (GWS won't drop Cameron - and Boyd and Patton will both rotate methinks)

he may increase his average to 60 (at a push) but won't be enough for me to start (given a 240k price), or a viable cash cow
would rather take Karnezis (who i think will get regular games at C'wood) or Michie (also will get regular games)

this guys a small forward i don't see how those tall forwards are in his way his going to love crumming off those 3 i'm not saying start him just don't get your reasons

Noz

I would prefer Nick Haynes (60k more expensive but will explode next season) Or Aaron Young around that price range. Lamb is a bit of their best 22.

Football Factory

Quote from: Noz on November 16, 2013, 03:11:22 PM
I would prefer Nick Haynes (60k more expensive but will explode next season) Or Aaron Young around that price range. Lamb is a bit of their best 22.

Forgot about Young, ill do a player profile on him  :)

Ziplock

haynes wont be forward eligible next year.

Football Factory

When you say he is a bit off their best 22, are you talking about Sydney or GWS ?

Noz

Quote from: Ziplock on November 17, 2013, 01:09:17 PM

Probably will be a pure defender next year but i reckon his a slight chance to get FWD/DEF

Ziplock

Quote from: Noz on November 17, 2013, 01:21:27 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on November 17, 2013, 01:09:17 PM

Probably will be a pure defender next year but i reckon his a slight chance to get FWD/DEF

nah, he'll be a pure defender, basically no chance of getting dpp. He played back every game, I don't think  I ever saw him go forward lol.

Capper

$243K on fanplanner and should score more than 50 per game but not much more than that. I dont see him making much money in 2014 so maybe a starter but dont expect a great deal from him

Ricochet

Not for me. Won't average enough to be a cash cow and other better options

Capper

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 19, 2013, 06:20:30 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-19/no-sacrificial-lamb
Good read. I agree the offer was too good to refuse, especially more time in the 1s. Glad to see him say in Sydney even if its in a different colour

Ricochet

Leon Cameron on where Lamb will play this year

AFL ‏@AFL 2m
.@Shay_Pearson I agree for Jed, as a high half-forward flanker, but also close to goal #AskTheCoach